Thread: AT&T (AIO) locked phone with NET 10 SIM

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

AT&T (AIO) locked phone with NET 10 SIM

I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. Will a locked AT&T phone work on NET 10 SIM? In Particular a Samsung Galaxy Amp sold through AIO Wireless.

Feedback Score
    if you get the net10 byod sim it should work

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    if you get the net10 byod sim it should work
    Wanted to update my old thread. It DOESN'T work with locked AIO phones. I was PM'd by a NET10 rep who gave me the same response as october262. I even when so far as to contact the Corporate Resolutions Team on the 15th of November, and their response was as follows:

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest in our service. There is no need to unlock your phone, since our program called Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) will work with an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible phones or any unlocked domestic GSM phone. For additional information, please visit our website, www.net10byop.com. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you.

Jean
    NET10 Wireless

Again, what is written above is not correct with all devices. Be aware, and definitely be cognizant of the fact it will take a lot of effort to get refunded the expense of the service if you do not have an alternate unlocked device.

Carrier(s)
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    The problem may not be that the phone is Locked, but rather, that the IMEI may be Blacklisted or Blocked (by AIO).

If the phone was reported stolen, it may be on a blacklist.

AIO (or whoever runs the operation of AIO for AT&T) may have the IMEI blocked. Usually a IMEI is blocked due to an outstanding balance on an account, or not fufulling a contract to pay off a phone. With pre-paid AIO, this shouldn't be the case. But if the phone was never activated, or through some other percieved issue by AIO, they may have the IMEI blocked. I would try giving AIO a call.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm reading into it and yes it appears you are correct. I handle a lot of different phones with my office. This one was a spare that never reached a 4 month period requisite for the opportunity to be granted a free unlock code. Thing is another iphone we have which is fully out of contract but still locked isn't working either.

I really confused and their support is really horrible. Mostly I'm just frustrated with the backtracking on all stuff their reps said when it comes to actually providing service.

NET10 BYOD is a bit flawed by my experience. Again, this is just my experience, and I'm just sharing in case others are in the same boat. No haters please.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    you know it might come down to any phone being used on a byod/mvno will have to be unlocked.

this is the reason google nexus factory unlockd phone is gaining popularity.other man have international versions of high end phones but they usually do come with the lte bands.it is an option if you dont mind being on the 3g nerwork.

Device(s)
    Blackberry KeyOne
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Some do, and some don't.
    I KNOW that the Galaxy I had previous to my Blackberry 10 was LOCKED to ATT. It worked with the ATT version Net10 sim card flawlessly (well, as far as the phone service was concerned... )

My Blackberry was unlocked, so no way to judge it. I am using the micro sim that was in the pack with the full size sim in the Galaxy.

LTE is amazing.

I know from my visits with Net10 that iPhone sometimes has issues through them... they don't like to admit it, but the settings staying in place are one.

I know that they didn't understand my phone, either, when I changed to it... BBOS is NOT BB10. The new Blackberry works more like an iPhone or an Android... still they can be as troublesome keeping their settings (especially MMS). Getting the right information mix in the phone is the tough part. Some people were having better luck with the older info, some with the newer info. Search for iPhone Net10 APN and you will see a bunch of it. Some did better with Cingular, personally, mine works best with tfdata. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Lets say a phone has been black listed. How bout flashing the phone to cricket or H2O? Will this work?

Feedback Score
    With the i phone..what you need to do is get to a hot spot and google unlock me. Download it and change the carrier to your specifics. I had brought an iphone to net ten and was getting calls and no data till I did this.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nac1280 View Post
    Lets say a phone has been black listed. How bout flashing the phone to cricket or H2O? Will this work?
    highly illegal.alsi remember cricket has been bought by att.