Thread: Adding line to old plan

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score

Adding line to old plan

I am the proud holder of a Central States Local 1000 Family plan. I do not want to change from this legacy plan as it provides everything I need at a great price point. I believe this plan is limited to 4 or 5 lines.

We had three lines on this plan as of about 9 months ago. My son got married and moved to his own plan, but JOOC, I called CS and asked if there would be any issues adding him back on the plan if he decided he wanted back on. I was assured there would be no problem.

Well, my father in law has moved in with us, and we went down to the local retail store last Friday to have his USC phone moved over to our account to share our 1000 minutes. The local store agreed we should be able to add the phone, but could no longer find the plan in the computer so had to 'open a case' - send the issue to CS.

Got a call today from CS and they tell me they can not add a line to my account as their new billing system has my old plan listed as a 'shared plan' with a 2 line limit. I told them they were incorrect. The CSR transferred me to Resolutions.

Resolutions looked in to it and also found the computer has it listed as a shared plan with a two line limit, and they have no way of adding a third line. I remained polite, but I told her that was BS. Perhaps the computer screen they see has no way to add the line but someone who has more direct access should be able to. My guess is that whoever entered this legacy plan entered it incorrectly. That needs to be fixed.

I have requested a call-back from the resolutions supervisor - they tell me 24 - 48 hours.

I've been with USC for a long time and like the plan I have. If I have to change plans I will look at others and might not end up back with USCC. Really don't want to do that.

Any suggestions as to how I can convince them they need to fix this problem for a long-time customer?

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry, but it's is unlikely you'll be able to get it added at this point. Even if it was something that was just entered incorrectly. The system is what it is, and I don't guess it will be changed to accommodate you.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, just my guess. There are so many issues right now and the possibility of losing two lines pales in comparison to trying to get the system prepared for thousands of iPhones. I hope they're able to fix it and make things right for you. I just wanted to give you my opinion which I hope is wrong. I would also be surprised if you receive a call back from a supervisor. I've heard so many customers complain that they were never called back. Again, I hope I'm wrong and they're able to fix your issue. Especially considering you were provided what turns out to be incorrect information to begin with.

Good luck, and please let us know how it turns out.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I hope you are wrong. Up until about 9 months ago, we had three lines on the account. Had three lines for many years, so obviously the plan is not limited to 2. It's a mistake in the way the plan is represented in the billing system and needs to be, and should be, fixed.

I can't imagine I'm the only one this affects.

What if they had entered my plan in the new system with a monthly cost of $399.50 instead of $39.95? If that had happened, should I just accept that my plan now costs 10x what it used to or should I insist that they correct the listing for my plan?

Same thing. They need to correct the info that was entered into the billing system for the Central States Local 1000 plan.

I don't give up easily. If I don't get the call back from the supervisor, and/or it can not be resolved at that level, can anyone suggest the next step up the ladder?

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm an agent, I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find out anything.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you. Appreciate that.

Device(s)
    Motorola V9M
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Taking your business elsewhere is probably your next option. They want everyone off of the legacy plans...I had a good one 3 years ago...they told me in order to upgrade with the discounted phone I had to switch to the Belief Project...I didn't want to at first, but I didn't have much choice...good luck.

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Forgot that I'm off til Thursday. Will check then.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    you said 9 months prior you had 3 phones on the acct this was prior to them rolling out the new billing system and they had no idea that they were going to run into so many issues with that I would venture to guess that since there was only 2 numbers active when that rolled out that will be the max that you will be allowed to have even though the max for that plan was 5 I believe...just a hypothetical guess and probably another issue with their new system and I doubt that they will be willing to fix it and try to force you off your legacy plan or loose a customer.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grusshill View Post
    you said 9 months prior you had 3 phones on the acct this was prior to them rolling out the new billing system
    Yes. I suspect whoever entered this legacy plan into the new billing system entered it incorrectly. That is something that should be easily fixed.

I was supposed to get a call back from Resolutions within 48 hours. That 48 hours has now passed. I will give then one more day and then I will escalate. First thought would be a formal BBB complaint, but might be something else.

Feedback Score
    "JOOC" what is so difficult about adding iPhones? Nearly every carrier has them and even my nephew one on a cdma prepaid account with some random company.

Unless you're in some weird area like Quincy, IL I don't understand why anyone would want USCC. Especially with the ability to do assumption of liability to another carrier with a decent plan...

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Update:

No callback received. Once again called Customer Service. After one disconnect and about an hour on hold, I talked to Customer Relations. The gentleman I talked to said the notes indicated a callback was attempted, - but I received no missed call indication nor voice mail on my phone. Discussed the issue with him for about 20 minutes, with him occasionally checking things in the background. He apologized that he was not able to do anything directly, but promised that I would receive that callback from Resolutions. Back to waiting.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfriend View Post
    "JOOC" what is so difficult about adding iPhones? Nearly every carrier has them and even my nephew one on a cdma prepaid account with some random company.

Unless you're in some weird area like Quincy, IL I don't understand why anyone would want USCC. Especially with the ability to do assumption of liability to another carrier with a decent plan...

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk
    I'm not in a weird area, in a medium-large city and nothing else works at my house. Also tell me where I can get 4 lines with 5GB of 4G LTE data each for $220 a month. Not happening anywhere except the USCC plan I am on.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derfram View Post
    Yes. I suspect whoever entered this legacy plan into the new billing system entered it incorrectly. That is something that should be easily fixed.

I was supposed to get a call back from Resolutions within 48 hours. That 48 hours has now passed. I will give then one more day and then I will escalate. First thought would be a formal BBB complaint, but might be something else.
    Good luck but I'm sure your not the first person to threaten them with the BBB and I really doubt its going to happen...

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Final update.

In the end, I was not able to get them to add the line to the existing plan. The plan was not really entered into the new billing system incorrectly, it was actually not entered at all. It was simply being continued 'as is' with no changes allowed. But I came away fully satisfied......

Kudos to the manager and one of the CSRs at the local retail store. They went out of their way to find a solution for me. While they were not able to add the line to my existing account, they were able to open and move me to a different legacy plan and include the third line. I went from a 'Central States Local 1000 Family' plan to a 'National 1000 Family' plan. This one *is* in the new billing system.

The new plan will cost me $10 a month more, but it takes me from a local to a national plan. It includes all the amenities of the old plan. In addition, the manager is going to credit my account with one years worth of the increased cost, or $120.00.

I'm happy, my blood pressure is happy, wife and her dad are happy. Win-win-win-win.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grusshill View Post
    Good luck but I'm sure your not the first person to threaten them with the BBB
    I never threatened them with the BBB, only posted it here as a possible option. The only thing I said along those lines to Customer Service/Resolutions/Customer Relations was that "I have been a long time loyal customer and would hate to have to go elsewhere", which is absolutely true.