Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Family Plan Data Rip Off

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon Family Plan Data Rip Off

I bought my daughter a 4g phone last Christmas, and i was told you have to purchase 1gb minimum which i did not want to because we did use the internet at the time, So i bought 1gb of Data...
    Now in January of this year i decided to up grade my clam shell to the same phone, which i had to purchase 1gb of data also....So to me i have a Gb n she has one, 1+1=2gb total...But sometime later i was in the verizon store and question why we were not getting 1gb each since we were required to purchase it, and they said NO you split 1gb because your on the family Plan, so i said so Verizon is ripping me off for a gb and charging me ??? They said No you split one....
    Serious i don't get it ...I bought 2 , 4g phones at two different times and required to buy 1gb of data per phone and got burnt...

Any and all responses to this, or have taken up legal action or feedback surly appreciated, Thanks

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly the 1gb plan is 50(plus the other fees) so $10 more would give 2gb to share. The way they do it is weird since they still consider it a share plan even with one smartphone using data or even one line for that matter. Right now it sounds like you have 1gb to share for whatever lines you put on there. They will make you upgrade to 2gb if you each want a gb and you would still share the data so one line could use over a gb. Overall the new plans stink in my opinion.
    Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    What family plan are you on? Is it Nationwide or Share Everything or something else?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    What family plan are you on? Is it Nationwide or Share Everything or something else?
    I'm guessing Share Everything from the sounds of it. And he got confused or misunderstood. Thinking it's 1GB of data per line rather than shared.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    I'm guessing Share Everything from the sounds of it. And he got confused or misunderstood. Thinking it's 1GB of data per line rather than shared.
    Though, he should be charged for the 1G of data, shared data, just once. And then charged for two smartphones.

He might indeed be confused, but if he is being charged for two 1G of data, then something is wrong with the account.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    Though, he should be charged for the 1G of data, shared data, just once. And then charged for two smartphones.

He might indeed be confused, but if he is being charged for two 1G of data, then something is wrong with the account.
    I still think he is confused and misunderstanding what's going on judging from his post. They never sold 1GB of data on the old family plans, only on the Share Everything plans.

So I'm going with the belief he misunderstood the Share Everything plan and how it works.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe if the OP posts a screen capture of what My Verizon says his plan and features are, the collective will be able to decipher what he is/isn't being charged for and clear up any confusion.

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon: our bill was 167.00 Nor 157.00 still a lot...
    Well need to make this more clear the 1 gb deal was for older phones that were 3g then, Now we have upgraded to the 4g which came with 3 gb each BUT because being under the family plan we share 3gb...what happen to the other 3gb ? we should have 3gb per phone, so it ripping us off NOT giving us what we paid for buy using this lame excuse of being under the family plan to steal 3gb Now..

confused or misunderstood ? Hummm
    As for The comment Share Everything, it still does'nt give them the right to manipulate the plan in a slick way of Stealing from the Consumer...Listen if "MY" phone comes with 3gb then i want what i paid for....If Her Phone comes with 3gb she should get her 3gb...Ok we share 6gb, were not looking for no less or no more, i think someone else misses the point , Hummm It still comes down to if your gonna Over and charge me per phone, then that is what i expect and want what i paid for , is that right or wrong to think that way ?

O buy the way you are wrong my friend, when the 3g phones came out, it was required to purchase with each phone a minimum of 1gb per phone, we bought one phone in Dec. n one in Feb. the next year and the same phones, now also was told to us to add a gb was 10.00, so im not sure what you talking about but i know what it was here in San Jose Calif....and 1+1=2 in my booked....But because we were on the shared plan we had to share the 1gb even tho we paid for 2....

Thanks for the comments....

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Shared data means *everyone* on the plan draws out of the pool of data. In a way it's a ripoff because one person can ruin it for the bunch. That's exactly what the carriers want, though.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    A rip off to me means the vendor deceived the customer, intentionally lied. The customer not understanding what it is that they're buying, especially in a complicated industry where things are not transparent, just requires caveat emptor come here to howardforums to ask questions and clarify and get advice all for free! Before rather than after making a commitment.

I love my shared plans, for family members that communicate and respect each others needs, when they have highly variable amount of usage it actually is much more cost effective then each person having a separate use it or lose it pool.

But I can certainly see if you have selfish greedy inconsiderate people in the same group, then it's not going to work for you and you should indeed get your own independent account rather than being on a shared one.

And on a final note ditch the mothership and go with an MVNO, ideally on the AT&T network unless you really need that Verizon geographic coverage for your particular locations.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    That's why I said it was a rip off in a way, but in this case it's the member of the group who needs to likely be split into a individual account and pay his share that's doing the ripping off.

Yet, the carriers themselves certainly benefit on overages. I used to be OK with overages but I talked to a lot of friends and a surprising number of them ran into issues with overages.

Feedback Score
    To be honest I don't even know what overages mean. I would never use a service provider that didn't offer addon units with reasonable pricing.

Feedback Score
    2013 thread

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    2013 thread
    I'm shocked you didn't bring up 10 Gigs for all.

Feedback Score
    Yes that is funny - how does that even happen?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast