Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Verizon Family Plan Data Rip Off

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,931
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    2013 thread
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Yes that is funny - how does that even happen?
    The funny part is that it was the OP that responded to this 2 years later. Usually it's a random person but in this case it took the OP almost 2 years to come back & respond to the other posters in the thread. Maybe we'll see him again in 2017?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,071
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishClover View Post
    Verizon: our bill was 167.00 Nor 157.00 still a lot...
    Well need to make this more clear the 1 gb deal was for older phones that were 3g then, Now we have upgraded to the 4g which came with 3 gb each BUT because being under the family plan we share 3gb...what happen to the other 3gb ? we should have 3gb per phone, so it ripping us off NOT giving us what we paid for buy using this lame excuse of being under the family plan to steal 3gb Now..

    confused or misunderstood ? Hummm
    As for The comment Share Everything, it still does'nt give them the right to manipulate the plan in a slick way of Stealing from the Consumer...Listen if "MY" phone comes with 3gb then i want what i paid for....If Her Phone comes with 3gb she should get her 3gb...Ok we share 6gb, were not looking for no less or no more, i think someone else misses the point , Hummm It still comes down to if your gonna Over and charge me per phone, then that is what i expect and want what i paid for , is that right or wrong to think that way ?

    O buy the way you are wrong my friend, when the 3g phones came out, it was required to purchase with each phone a minimum of 1gb per phone, we bought one phone in Dec. n one in Feb. the next year and the same phones, now also was told to us to add a gb was 10.00, so im not sure what you talking about but i know what it was here in San Jose Calif....and 1+1=2 in my booked....But because we were on the shared plan we had to share the 1gb even tho we paid for 2....

    Thanks for the comments....


    Phones do not "come" with any data, your data is determined by the plan you choose. There has never been a 1GB plan per smartphone ever in the history of VZW plans. On the old plans, it was a $30 per smartphone line feature which was originally unlimited and then became 2GB per line. Then 2 years or so ago, they moved to shared data plans where the account has so much data to share across the entire account. There has never been a data difference on smartphones that was determined by the device being 3G or 4G, it makes no difference.

    So in other words, either you misunderstood and are confused or someone did a terrible job at explaining it to you. Or a little of both.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14
    Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The first post was when we bought (2) 3g phones and you were require to buy minimum 1gb for each phone, Yet Share only 1gb because you were under the family Plan.....

    Now 2 years after that we bought (2) 4g phones that came with 3gb on each phone...

    Ok from what i see, Plan: MORE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 3GB as of now.....Ok as of Now when we both these new phones they come with 3gb per phone Samsung Galaxy S4 n S5......way back when the 3g phones cam out we were Under the Family plan, since then they have different named plans, they re did the phones and updated the new plan to what i pasted above from online.....
    Personall I don't care what the call the plans......The issue their ripping us off period....
    1)We bought Samsung Galaxy S4 that comes with 3gb
    2)We bought Samsung Galaxy S5 That comes with 3gb
    3gb+3gb=6gb in my book and thats what i paid and pay for............
    So we should share the 6gb......
    But they use this LAME excuse using these Names / Labels Example: Family Plan Now Share Everything or Share whatever and take 3gb away even tho you bought and paid for them...

    Even the Verizon employees agree were getting ripped off, They say that's not how Verizon does it since your under the family plan / share everything you share 3gb......Bull S***

    I don't understand why their have been NO Law suits against them for their scandalous actions and greed....

    KC your wrong: We had bought our Verizon phones from Best Buy, and were REQUIRED that we had to Purchase 1gb minimum for each phone.......I didn't want to buy any at that time because i didn't care to use the internet, so why pay for something i was not going to use ? Bottom line then you couldn't buy the phone so we gave in and purchased the 1gb on 2 separate phones, Back then....

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,730
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishClover View Post
    The first post was when we bought (2) 3g phones and you were require to buy minimum 1gb for each phone, Yet Share only 1gb because you were under the family Plan.....

    Now 2 years after that we bought (2) 4g phones that came with 3gb on each phone...

    Ok from what i see, Plan: MORE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 3GB as of now.....Ok as of Now when we both these new phones they come with 3gb per phone Samsung Galaxy S4 n S5......way back when the 3g phones cam out we were Under the Family plan, since then they have different named plans, they re did the phones and updated the new plan to what i pasted above from online.....
    Personall I don't care what the call the plans......The issue their ripping us off period....
    1)We bought Samsung Galaxy S4 that comes with 3gb
    2)We bought Samsung Galaxy S5 That comes with 3gb
    3gb+3gb=6gb in my book and thats what i paid and pay for............
    So we should share the 6gb......
    But they use this LAME excuse using these Names / Labels Example: Family Plan Now Share Everything or Share whatever and take 3gb away even tho you bought and paid for them...

    Even the Verizon employees agree were getting ripped off, They say that's not how Verizon does it since your under the family plan / share everything you share 3gb......Bull S***

    I don't understand why their have been NO Law suits against them for their scandalous actions and greed....

    KC your wrong: We had bought our Verizon phones from Best Buy, and were REQUIRED that we had to Purchase 1gb minimum for each phone.......I didn't want to buy any at that time because i didn't care to use the internet, so why pay for something i was not going to use ? Bottom line then you couldn't buy the phone so we gave in and purchased the 1gb on 2 separate phones, Back then....
    You're still confused about this 2 years later?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14
    Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Some of you mis the point...Back when their was 3g phones....The Plan that we had then NOT now was called "The Family Plan", they have changed this if not once but twice in what they NOW call it and what it means and entails ...Their was NO such thing back then of the Shared everything.....

    But after the 2 years under contract of the 3g phones and upgrades they switched it over BUT the POINT is the Same, in Hoodwinking people By their slick wording and their "NEW" definitions which seems to this writer they continue to get over on their customers.

    Once again The plan BACK then was called the Family plan, the phones were 3g phones, Verizon required "each person" to purchase a minimum of 1gb of data "per" phone and every other gb added would be 10.00 per gb. So you buy two phones, that to me says "EACH" phone has one gb of data, meaning 1gb+1gb= 2gb of data..."BUT" because you were on the FAMILY plan you were to share 1gb of data...

    So Verizon Charged us separately which was required back then, but bamboozled people by using the slick term "THE FAMILY PLAN" to rip you off for what you paid for which was required.....

    So we only paid for 1gb per phone required minimum.......and what about the people who bought lets say for example: 5gb of data per phone so for 2 3g phones at that time you would of had 5gb of data for one and 5gb of data for the other phone, "BUT" Because you were under "THE FAMILY PLAN"at that time you shared 5gb of data, Hummmm so for those who paid for more got ripped off for more.....

    Bottom line they Ripped us off.....

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    735
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The answer if very simple. You think you got ripped off. You believe somebody should sue them. Please do.
    Acts should be illegal because they are bad, not bad because they are illegal.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    703
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This thread is hilarious.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishClover View Post
    Some of you mis the point...Back when their as 3g phones....The Plan that we had then NOT now was called "The Family Plan",
    No you are wrong. You said in your OP of 10/24/13 that your plan originated the prior Christmas, so December 2012. Back then Verizon was offering the Share Everything plans. You just didn't understand it. You are wrong.

    http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/...12-06-11e.html


    Verizon has never offered a 3G "The Family Plan" - you made that up or are a very confused person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 12:10 AM
  3. Looking: Verizon Family plan 3 lines with unlimited data!
    By Bushidonow in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
  4. a few verizon questions. (plans/data features)
    By xDigitalChaosx in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 12:50 PM
  5. Is my plan a rip off?
    By UnR1 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 01:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks