Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Launch Announced

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bonehead View Post
    I find it very comical that people complained about USCC's lack of the I-Phone and now that there is a definate launch date they are complaining about how long it took to get it.
    These are the pepople, who, the only way to tell that they are happy is iof they are complaining.

Be happy that another device, and a popular one, is being added to the device line up. It give their customers another device to choose from and eliminates the "I want the I-Phone so I am going to port to cell carrier XYZ"
    Choice is good but for USCC I think its too little too late.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If Verizon signal was as good in Iowa and specifically Waterloo I would stay with Verizon. But my work and home are terrible with Verizon. It's no contest. USCC in Iowa has the best coverage.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsduke03 View Post
    If Verizon signal was as good in Iowa and specifically Waterloo I would stay with Verizon. But my work and home are terrible with Verizon. It's no contest. USCC in Iowa has the best coverage.
    I'm in CR and the USCC coverage is slowly going from great to ok to bad. They did some tower reconfigs so the crapple phone will "Work" on their network. Once they hit this your way, you will start to re-think USCC
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Whatever. Guess we will see. All of our company's current smartphone users are on USCC except for a couple of us and they haven't complained about the network yet. I've yet to see anything to make me call my phone "crapple" though. It always works. Been through 3 different models of iphone and all worked great. Can't say the same for the one Android device we tried.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkcell View Post
    I'm in CR and the USCC coverage is slowly going from great to ok to bad. They did some tower reconfigs so the crapple phone will "Work" on their network. Once they hit this your way, you will start to re-think USCC
    There is no "once they hit this your way". Entire network has been completed being refarmed already.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    There is no "once they hit this your way". Entire network has been completed being refarmed already.
    I can tell you that once the I-phones start bouncing off the towers the cell phone reception will get worse. Since the refarming, I have noticed a very big difference in reception. Prior to mainly full bar anywhere in my house, now 3 bars of 4g upstairs, and on a good day 1 bar of 4g but mostly 3 bars 3g in my basement. You can't tell me they did anything positive to the towers other than making them work better for the god-phones. They made it worse for everyone else and my guess is that they messed up this as well once the I dash hits the network. Their (USCC) batting average of late has been well below the Mendoza line........

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score

iPhone Launch Announced

I can tell you that once the I-phones start bouncing off the towers the cell phone reception will get worse. Since the refarming, I have noticed a very big difference in reception. Prior to mainly full bar anywhere in my house, now 3 bars of 4g upstairs, and on a good day 1 bar of 4g but mostly 3 bars 3g in my basement. You can't tell me they did anything positive to the towers other than making them work better for the god-phones. They made it worse for everyone else and my guess is that they messed up this as well once the I dash hits the network. Their (USCC) batting average of late has been well below the Mendoza line........
    Are you speaking of voice calls that are routed over CDMA 2000 1X, or data routed over LTE? Of course LTE would be affected, the USCC people are going to adjust cells to deal with increased capacity. If I'm not mistaken, USCC phones show LTE RSRP. A good first lesson on RF: signal bars lie.

As far as the iPhone doing anything different than any other phone, that's FUD. The iPhone has the same MDM9615M chipset that most of the USCC lineup has. Even more so, there's the USCC phone featured on TeamUSCC that is causing major problems on USCC towers.

It's the Galaxy S3. Though, if you wish to dig a little deeper, you can also find issues with the Galaxy S4 and how it deals with CDMA networks as well.

If the iPhone were such an issue AT&T's networks would still be a giant pile of fail, as opposed to winning at RootMetrics tests nationwide, beating out Verizon in a whole bunch of markets including Chicago and St. Louis.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What I am saying is since the re-farming the network seems like it's not as fast as it used to be. IF selling the I-phone increases their customer base (guessing not, can't see someone switching to USCC just for the I-phone) things will get worse instead of better. Well aware of the S3 issue, have two in the house and last night had someone try to call one and said it went straight to voicemail and no missed call on the phone. I do feel it is mostly a Samsung issue, but based on the lack of care from USCC, nothing seems to be getting done about it. Throw in the billing system fiasco and the craziness called customer service (no offense to the CSR peeps, not your fault for 40 minute hold times) I am surprised they are still in business. Notice, no quarterly reports yet? Wonder why, afraid to share the truth? That seems to be the new leadership plan, throw out a cute catchphrase (Hello Better) and do as much as possible to make everyone laugh at you.......

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What I am saying is since the re-farming the network seems like it's not as fast as it used to be. IF selling the I-phone increases their customer base (guessing not, can't see someone switching to USCC just for the I-phone) things will get worse instead of better. Well aware of the S3 issue, have two in the house and last night had someone try to call one and said it went straight to voicemail and no missed call on the phone. I do feel it is mostly a Samsung issue, but based on the lack of care from USCC, nothing seems to be getting done about it. Throw in the billing system fiasco and the craziness called customer service (no offense to the CSR peeps, not your fault for 40 minute hold times) I am surprised they are still in business. Notice, no quarterly reports yet? Wonder why, afraid to share the truth? That seems to be the new leadership plan, throw out a cute catchphrase (Hello Better) and do as much as possible to make everyone laugh at you.......
    Yeah, but isn't the iPhone LTE going to run on "5-Band," instead of what the other US Cellular phones run on? Or will this be data while voice runs on whatever voice runs on (CDMA as I understand). And will the iPhone affect the voice any more than any other new phone? Some one with a lot more tech savvy than me please explain. I am still confused as now the S3 update "wrecked" the system as opposed to the refarming that Hawkcell refers to.

Oh, and just to add, I have noticed no signal issues or slowed data here in SE Oklahoma except for one week a month ago. Guess there is an advantage to living in the sparsely populated boonies after all!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    HAPPYHOLIDAYSFROMTHEHARRISONS!
    Feedback Score
    Want the 5S. All 3 of our lines are upgrade-eligible. 2 of the 3 have been out of contract for a long time. The other line's contract is up in March. Can't decide if we should re-up or switch to the big V. I don't feel good about USCC's future. But living in small town Iowa, and not having had Verizon for almost 10 years, I'm not sure if they work around these parts as well as USCC does. What to do?

And of course people will have to come take a dump in this thread. It's inevitable. It's funny that people who believe Apple sells crippled, inferior products can't help but think and talk about Apple products all the time. Sounds an awful lot like an inferiority complex.

I'm not a fanboy. I never worshipped Steve Jobs. I'd never wait in line to buy a product on opening day. I just like their stuff. I'm sure there are plenty of good android phones and PC's too. Apple works for me. I never jumped ship for the iPhone on AT&T b/c AT&T blows around here. I never jumped ship for the iPhone on Verizon b/c I'm not sure how well it works around here. I'm glad USCC has finally started getting cool new phones of all types (starting with the GSIII in July 2012).

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    The whole network has been refarmed and I have not noticed any difference in reception. As a matter of fact ,since the last PRL update it has gotten a little better. Even with the leaves falling off the trees, I have never had reception this good in the house.

As far as the Iphones screwing up the network and slowing data speeds, don't think it will happen, they will be running on band 5 LTE.
    Yes a band that will only have Iphones on it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    If the iPhone were such an issue AT&T's networks would still be a giant pile of fail, as opposed to winning at RootMetrics tests nationwide, beating out Verizon in a whole bunch of markets including Chicago and St. Louis.
    Only reason the AT&T network hasn't turned into a pile of giant pile of fail in those markets is because they run at least 2x10 MHz on Band 17 and 2x5 MHz on Band 4 and at least 40 MHz for HSPA+. In other words, AT&T aggressively uses large channel sizes and fiber backhaul for their networks.

If USCC wants to have a competitive Band 5 LTE network then they need to max out their channel sizes at 2x10 MHz, run some serious backhaul, use MIMO antenna setups, and eventually, to run Band 2/4 LTE or deploy carrier aggregation with Release 12. Any carrier who splurges on their LTE network is going have a network that their customers will love.

Quote Originally Posted by ripdog1 View Post
    Yeah, but isn't the iPhone LTE going to run on "5-Band," instead of what the other US Cellular phones run on? Or will this be data while voice runs on whatever voice runs on (CDMA as I understand). And will the iPhone affect the voice any more than any other new phone? Some one with a lot more tech savvy than me please explain. I am still confused as now the S3 update "wrecked" the system as opposed to the refarming that Hawkcell refers to.
    Yes, the 5S supports Band 5. Current devices offered will use Band 12.
    All of USCC devices will use CDMA for voice.

For fallback data when LTE is unavailable for some reason you also get CDMA, 1x/EV...
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 10-23-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cometmike View Post
    If someone gets the iPhone over the Note 3, it shows that they are only in it for the social status of having an iPhone. It doesnt even compare, and that is coming from someone with a Macbook and iPad....
    As others have pointed out, there are all sorts of reasons for picking it over another phone. I could not possibly care less about "social status" or something, and I'd prefer a bigger screen. I like that it's open too.

Random things:

-This isn't why I'm picking another OS, but it's worth noting that Android is considerably slower than iOS and Windows Phone on comparable hardware.

-The #1 reason I have an iPhone is the vastly superior podcast support. Android or Windows Phone I'd have to go back to the pre-2005 method of manually dealing with podcasts...actually of course I'd just continue carrying the phone and an iPod.

-The iPhone has much better reception than Samsung's typical phones

-If I were buying an Android phone, it would be a Nexus. I'd NEVER touch a gooped up version of Android, so I'd never get a Note III

-iOS handles audio from multiple programs near flawlessly. Android, and even Windows Phone, don't.

I have no idea what you mean by "it doesn't even compare". WHAT doesn't compare? The screen is smaller, but...

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Each OS had its pros and cons, and some people prefer one over the others for a myriad of reasons. I'm not sure why some people feel the need to bash other people for not sharing their opinions.

Sent from my Moto X with the HoFo App

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast