Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3 messing up USCC's network!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefan58 View Post
    To paraphrase and explain as was explained to me, the effected phones are causing the towers to rob Peter to pay Paul so speak. And in the end, everyone's broke and no one has reliable service.

Sent with the HoFo App
    So it took uscc a year to figure out a phone was causing the network issues & in the meantime u.s cellular has lost thousands of good post paying customers. I just ported another line to another carrier & now only have one line with them. I gave them more than a reasonable amount of time to get the Network fixed. U.S.Cellular management gave us No information at all , they would not even say there were issue's.

Sent from my SM-N900V using HoFo mobile app
    Jerry

Join uscc April 17 2004. Samsung Galaxy Note II , Galaxy Note 4 , Galaxy S 5

Verizon on 7/2011 Droid Razr Maxx , Droid 4 , Samsung Galaxy Note III

Feedback Score
    Spent two hours on hold with my friend who has us cellular. Best she could offer was move upgrade eligibility and take 50 off price, so a gs4 for $50.

They kept talking about this list and said even tho you aren't on it to wait no more than a week. That they had an announcement to make and if we couldn't wait to go pay 50 to upgrade.

Talked to three different reps, a tech support person, and consumer relations.

Their first offer was a Galaxy s2 for $150!!! Hahaha!

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No. Samsung released an update that supposedly is to blame for the lion's share of the issue.

Sent from my XT1055 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Here is a link to the tool to check if your S3 is one that will be replaced.

http://www.uscellular.com/uscellular...equestid=98853
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfriend View Post
    Spent two hours on hold with my friend who has us cellular. Best she could offer was move upgrade eligibility and take 50 off price, so a gs4 for $50.

They kept talking about this list and said even tho you aren't on it to wait no more than a week. That they had an announcement to make and if we couldn't wait to go pay 50 to upgrade.

Talked to three different reps, a tech support person, and consumer relations.

Their first offer was a Galaxy s2 for $150!!! Hahaha!

Been six data. Still no announcement... Bogus *** company with crap CS.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    Here is a link to the tool to check if your S3 is one that will be replaced.

http://www.uscellular.com/uscellular...equestid=98853
    I just checked mine and it says i'm not on the list, which is a bad thing because i'm roaming a good 98% of the time especially at my house where my mesmerize and htc wildfire s never roamed.

Feedback Score
    Cs claimed it would not be a bad idea to just wait and a public announcement was coming "very soon". And if my friend could not wait her account was eligible for upgrade.

I've advised my friend to wait a total of two weeks, and hopefully they swap her for the s4. And they better not adjust her contract or upgrade eligibility.

That way if shes plagued with any more issues she can sell the s4 and get a real cell phone with a real radio, aka a motorola anything.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I seriously wonder if the reason Samsung's phone are so terrible is because South Korea is apparently so well blanketed by cell coverage. Maybe it just doesn't matter if their phones are any good?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    I seriously wonder if the reason Samsung's phone are so terrible is because South Korea is apparently so well blanketed by cell coverage. Maybe it just doesn't matter if their phones are any good?
    They can't be that terrible, they are outselling Apple now I know USCC is having a lot of issues with the SGS3, but they are what, a handful of Samsung's total world customers? Now, if Verizon and AT&T customers start reporting issues in droves, THEN you can worry.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I've never personally heard of anyone with good experiences with them on any carrier. I wouldn't say number sold is a great indication for quality either. Samsung is all marketing-I mean they literally have nothing else. Sub par performance as a phone, horrible, hobbled versions of Android you can get from 900 other venders, etc. If not for marketing, they'd be nowhere.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've never personally heard of anyone with good experiences with them on any carrier. I wouldn't say number sold is a great indication for quality either. Samsung is all marketing-I mean they literally have nothing else. Sub par performance as a phone, horrible, hobbled versions of Android you can get from 900 other venders, etc. If not for marketing, they'd be nowhere.
    I have to disagree.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Weren't there also issues with the mesmerize?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    If you google "S3 reception issues".....USC is not even listed much....Sprint and Verizon S3 customers complaints on forums come up first....and there are several seperate threads on several forums. Even still Samsung seems to do no wrong and get a free pass in some unbiased veiwpoints.

Additionally...Wasnt there Samsung Note reception issues too ?

Look...every manufacturer has problems...but not every manufacturer leaves those customers of theirs with the problems out to dry. Samsung did and it wasnt just on USCs tiny network it seems.

I personally cant picture myself ever owning another Samsung anything....nevermind phone. Their inaction on the S3 on our network here is indefensible....and even more embarrasing if those effected are as few as some seem to think. They should have made it right somehow a long time ago.

Mark

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMark10 View Post
    If you google "S3 reception issues".....USC is not even listed much....Sprint and Verizon S3 customers complaints on forums come up first....and there are several seperate threads on several forums. Even still Samsung seems to do no wrong and get a free pass in some unbiased veiwpoints.

Additionally...Wasnt there Samsung Note reception issues too ?

Look...every manufacturer has problems...but not every manufacturer leaves those customers of theirs with the problems out to dry. Samsung did and it wasnt just on USCs tiny network it seems.

I personally cant picture myself ever owning another Samsung anything....nevermind phone. Their inaction on the S3 on our network here is indefensible....and even more embarrasing if those effected are as few as some seem to think. They should have made it right somehow a long time ago.

Mark
    I'm not a Samsung lover, but if you google "iphone 5 reception issues" or "Motorola x reception issues" you end up with as many or more hits. I don't disagree that the s3 has major issues but the methodology of using google to follow forums and blogs to damn the whole company is a bit unscientific.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Not meant to be scientific results but just acknowledging it failed on other networks for some users as well....when there was a reoccurring inference that the only issue was on our tiny network. Not true.

Google "Mercedes junk" and Im sure theres folks *****ing about Mercedes car quality and service...or insert anything. Theres alot of whining internet keyboard jockeys these days as you know with no clue and with unreasonable expectations for sure. It a shame for those companies that ARE responsive to legit product issues that can arise and they get trashed anyway. Not the case on the S3. They are still selling them and profiting greedily elsewhere on it. Hello Better.

Of course your milage may vary......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast