Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3 messing up USCC's network!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score

Galaxy S3 messing up USCC's network!

MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've never heard of one phone bringing a network down, and if it does then the network is not very well built. The S3 has not done that on other networks, maybe USCC, along with all their other current issues is just cheaping out.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    The owner of teamuscellular doesn't make posts unless he gets info from several reliable sources.The problem seems to have happened after the original phones with reception issues were being sent back to Samsung for an update to fix the reception issues.. Whatever they did to the S3 screwed things up. This correlates with when the network issues started, towards the end of last year.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm with ace3166, Adam is very reliable and doesn't post stuff like this unless there is validity to it.
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Even if he is reliable and so are his sources this seems like USCC affixing blame. No other carrier had this issue why is it unique to them?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Something unique about the S3 and USCC then. My wife has a VZW S3 and it works like a dream. Pretty nice phone really, especially for the price - she got it after the S4 came out. Verizon around here has stellar service.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BodomSlayer View Post
    Even if he is reliable and so are his sources this seems like USCC affixing blame. No other carrier had this issue why is it unique to them?

Sent with the HoFo App
    If you would have read my post, you would have known why...lol

There were more problems with the US cellular version when they were launched.
    Many of those phones were returned back to Samsung and they did something to try and fix them.
    They also made a change in their production of them at this time.
    Whatever they did to try and fix the issue is the problem.

There was some mention of some legal action by someone and Samsung has admitted fault.

This is a USCC issue only and other carrier's S3's are irrelevant.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    If you would have read my post, you would have known why...lol

There were more problems with the US cellular version when they were launched.
    Many of those phones were returned back to Samsung and they did something to try and fix them.
    They also made a change in their production of them at this time.
    Whatever they did to try and fix the issue is the problem.

There was some mention of some legal action by someone and Samsung has admitted fault.

This is a USCC issue only and other carrier's S3's are irrelevant.
    Seriously...I see you on three different mediums and yet we never organize conversation over one, I find that hilarious. Anyways...

Could this have something do with a poor network from USCC? If Samsung built the same phones with the same radios and abilities to handle frequency (in spite of the GSM/CDMA differences obviously) I can't think of another reason this would only affect USCC.

I still think if they are refarming their spectrum to prepare for the God Phone (iPhone) that could be part of it as well.

Either way...I'm glad I left this dead weight carrier.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Bodom, your typical as being in one of the sold areas. You want to find anything to blame US Cellular for.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bodom, your typical as being in one of the sold areas. You want to find anything to blame US Cellular for.
    Not at all, sir. I left well before being sold and I always wanted to see USCC succeed. However, their choices over the last few years have been less than encouraging. The shared data pricing is another indicator of that. They are not providing any real value to customers, anymore.

This used to be a really good company.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    I agree they went downhill, but you know my situation.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I agree they went downhill, but you know my situation.
    Indeed. Which is why I feel this is USCC just trying to pass the buck. They barely acknowledged the billing system issues.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkcell View Post
    I'm with ace3166, Adam is very reliable and doesn't post stuff like this unless there is validity to it.
    It is real. About a month ago or more if you had an S3 that went in for repair once and was swapped out through the advanced exchange you can get an s4 for 100 plus a contract renewal, no matter where you are in your contract.

Not sure how they are going to fix the fact there are 1 million s3 customers out there.

I wonder what samsung did to the phones they repaired, my guess is the probably put in a super antenna that the old towers freak out about.

I got an s3 the day it came out and it was junk, i went through 3 of them. so i wonder how few s3 phones it takes to mess things up? Cause it started day one.
    hardees rules.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score

Question S3 and system issues

I just don't see how a phone could cause all the issues that uscc is having with the system. Uscc still has the S3 on there website for sell. I am no expert by any means so could some one explain this to me ?
    Jerry

Join uscc April 17 2004. Samsung Galaxy Note II , Galaxy Note 4 , Galaxy S 5

Verizon on 7/2011 Droid Razr Maxx , Droid 4 , Samsung Galaxy Note III

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    This was just found out, it is going to take a little time to get a plan together. Most employees still don't know anything yet.

The deal cellman talks about has been in place for a month and is totally different. With all the billing issues it was put into place to keep customers that continually had reception issues with the GS3.

It sounds like Samsung may have done something unethical or illegal when trying to fix the original reception issues. I have seen talk of a legal issue. They are going to have to come up with something a lot better than then that deal cellman talks about.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast