Page 85 of 196 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2931

Thread: Grandfathered plans being eliminated???

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumpphone View Post
    It flabbergasts me that people are selfish enough to sue to force a company to sell them something for less than what that company sells to everyone else for. ........Do you sue your grocey store for the right to still be able to pay $1.79/lb for T-Bone like you did in 1978? Prices change. Some go down, others go up. Get over it already.
    They may have a legitimate case that T-Mobile told them that they would do one thing and then turned around and did something completely different and billed them more than they said they would. If a lawn service said they'd charge you $100/mo to keep your grass mowed, on a month-to-month basis, and then billed you $200/mo after two months, you'd have a complaint and one that might end up in small claims court. What I disagree with is the theory that you have a right to demand that this same lawn service actually keep your lawn mowed for 100/mo from now to the end of time. You didn't have a contract that bound the service for a specific number of months, much less for eternity. What you do is try to sort it out with the lawn service and if they don't resolve the issue to your satisfaction, then you pay them what you agreed to, fire them and hire a different lawn service. If they want the extra they billed you, let them take you to court. It may piss you off that they tried to cheat you but AFAIK there isn't a revenge clause in contract law.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumpphone
    All you would accomplish in forcing someone to sell at a loss -
    I agree with jet100 on this. Whether it is at a loss or not is not the customer's problem. T Mobile made the promise to a grandfathered customer. And they need to stick by that promise.

As was reported earlier in the thread, the $35 plan that they forced flex pay users on didn't even have data nor could it be added even though the customer may have had it previously.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It may piss you off that they tried to cheat you but AFAIK there isn't a revenge clause in contract law.
    As I recall you already were successfully migrated to a Select Value plan and are receiving a plan that is equivalent to the $70 plan for only $45 per month.

So why to discourage others from receiving the same thing that you got from T-Mobile?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am kind of curious if anyone actually will take T-Mobile to small claims court. I see lots of talk about it but no one has actually done it yet. I hate to say it but this where "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" comes in. T-Mobile is not obligated to do business with you, and neither are you to do business with them. All they're going to do is say goodbye and kick you out the door. They are letting people leave without an ETF (if it even applies) which is all they are contractually obligated to do.

I just found out my neighbor was migrated off his (REALLY) old plan. He was on the old $39.99 600 minute plan with FIMF. I don't know the details of his plan but I was told his bill is $46/mo, which leads me to believe that's tax inclusive, so I'm guessing his base rate is around $40/mo. Taxes in our area are less than 15%. His plan now includes unlimited talk and text.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone XR
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6 [AT&T] & iPhone 8 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    As I recall you already were successfully migrated to a Select Value plan and are receiving a plan that is equivalent to the $70 plan for only $45 per month.

So why to discourage others from receiving the same thing that you got from T-Mobile?
    I don't feel like he is discouraging people. He's just trying to be realistic about it.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You are correct. I have a Select Value plan. I also had a backup-plan in case the conversion did not work to my satisfaction. It didn't include the law courts. A small claims judge can not require specific performance. He does not have the power to tell T-Mobile to put a customer on a particular plan. He can only award damages. We both agree that there have been some damages, we simply disagree on the extent to which these customers have been damaged. I'm just saying that if it were a jury trial and I was on the jury, I'd expect that the instructions would be to calculate the difference between what the customer was charged (and actually paid) vs what he was told he would be charged, from the time of the conversion up to the time the customer could have canceled the service. I could not see awarding damages for some distant time in the future or past, because the customer can leave any time he wants. That's the only thing we seem to disagree on. Since we are only talking about a few months, it's not a very large amount. But as I said previously, I've know some small claims cases where judges made some pretty strange decisions and they can't be appealed (in most states). So if he wants to throw the dice...... no skin off my nose. I'm just trying to be a realist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I am kind of curious if anyone actually will take T-Mobile to small claims court. I see lots of talk about it but no one has actually done it yet.
    I already posted a couple of reports from those who have sued T-Mobile in small claims court:

http://warezdude.livejournal.com/10583.html

http://consumerist.com/2008/01/21/su...-fun-and-easy/

In addition, one of the flex pay people who were lied to reported earlier in this thread that he had already obtained the small claims court paperwork and needed a T-Mobile address. So I posted their corporate office street address.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    A small claims judge can not require specific performance. He does not have the power to tell T-Mobile to put a customer on a particular plan. He can only award damages.
    While you may have an extensive legal background, it is the right of the citizen to file the suit if they desire. Furthermore I have re-posted two examples of successful small claims suits against T-Mobile. You mentioned a jury in your post which is completely irrelevant to a suit of this type. There will be no jury.

And the other point that you completely miss, something the articles point out, is that T-Mobile may settle this outside of court when they see the documentation of their wrongdoing. Thus, how the judge might rule would also be completely irrelevant.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You mentioned a jury in your post which is completely irrelevant to a suit of this type. There will be no jury.
    Jet, Jet, Jet..... We both know this. It was only my way of saying "if I were asked to try this case". Since I'm not a judge, the way that might, hypothetically, happen is if there were jury trial. So, you don't need to needle that point.
    And the other point that you completely miss, something the articles point out, is that T-Mobile may settle this outside of court when they see the documentation of their wrongdoing. Thus, how the judge might rule would also be completely irrelevant.
    This is true, they may get a "change of heart" when they have to send someone to some out-of-the-way court to defend the case. This is just another way to "throw a retail fit" to get what you want, but if it works...who am I to criticize? Also, in many states you can't sign away your right to sue, particularly in small claims. So, the "binding arbitration" clause, which is stacked against the customer, is probably not binding.

Feedback Score
    Im loving my $60 2-line family with unlimited data... Got BTV on both lines. I got BTV added 1 month after I got a subsidized note upgrade.. So Im good for now. if they get me on to select value, Im still OK with price increase as it gives me unlimited everything and international data..

So what is t-mobile doing. I lost interest in this thread....getting bored..

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S II, Nokia 7510, Samsung Comeback
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I agree with jet100 on this. Whether it is at a loss or not is not the customer's problem. T Mobile made the promise to a grandfathered customer. And they need to stick by that promise.

As was reported earlier in the thread, the $35 plan that they forced flex pay users on didn't even have data nor could it be added even though the customer may have had it previously.
    I agree. If T-Mobile made a written promise to a customer, they need to honor it. It is not unreasonable for a customer to expect that.

Device(s)
    iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mariposa111 View Post
    I agree. If T-Mobile made a written promise to a customer, they need to honor it. It is not unreasonable for a customer to expect that.
    I tweeted something about grandfathered plans to legere and he blocked me so that tells you how much they care and know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luism1023 View Post
    I tweeted something about grandfathered plans to legere and he blocked me so that tells you how much they care and know.
    What did you tweet that got you blocked?

Device(s)
    iPhones
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    He asked what we wanted for uncarrier 5 and I said "@JohnLegere @TMobile I hope that if grandfathered plans get eliminated, the plans we get aren't super expensive. I'm fine with my 1000 min p"

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobil
    Feedback Score
    I tweeted him as well and got blocked. Same reason. I simply said something along the lines of fulfilling the commitment made in Oct. regarding forced migration of gf plans. I was not combative

Page 85 of 196 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 135 185 ... LastLast