Page 4 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered plans being eliminated???

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    When they say "Unlimited 4G data" in this context, is it truly unlimited like the $70 plan or throttled at 500MB like the $50 one? If its truly unlimited, this is a very good deal, wonder how this would map into a Family plan option ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nardva View Post
    This plan would save me money. Currently I'm under the 39.99 1000 anytime min plan with 9.99 for 1000 text and 5.99 for Tzones. Total cost 55.97. I might be able drop down to 45.00 and get unlimited voice, text and data. Good deal.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamezilla View Post
    What about tethering?

Currently I'm able to tether to my PC and nexus 7, all unlimited. I have a Galaxy Nexus that's unlocked so I'm using the built in WiFi tether option in android.
    The $20 unlimited 4G includes 2.5 GB of tethering at no extra charge. How I know is because I have it on my plan for my 1st line.
    Last edited by trees12; 10-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by archerian View Post
    When they say "Unlimited 4G data" in this context, is it truly unlimited like the $70 plan or throttled at 500MB like the $50 one? If its truly unlimited, this is a very good deal, wonder how this would map into a Family plan option ..
    Check my edit above. It looks like 45.00 plan being offered may be the current 60.00 plan. If so maybe the 70.00 plan will be 55.00 Still a good deal.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Check my edit above. It looks like 45.00 plan being offered may be the current 60.00 plan. If so maybe the 70.00 plan will be 55.00 Still a good deal.

Sent with the HoFo App

Sent with the HoFo App

Key items from the small print on my letter:

"...Full speeds available up to monthly allotment; then slowed to 2G speeds for rest of billing cycle. Roaming and on-network roaming allotments differ: 500MB full speed plan includes 10MB roaming; 2.5GB, 4.5GB & Unlimited 4G full-speed plans include 50MB roaming; 6.5GB and 8.5GB full speed plans include 100MB roaming; and 10.5GB and 12.5GB full speed plans include 200MB roaming..."

Looks like there are multiple data options within the "Select Value" plan, probably correlating with what you used to have, including "unlimited 4G".

Note that my letter includes the phrase "2.5GB of 4G data" within the title of the plan; whereas the other letter published here includes the phrase "Unlimited 4G", both for the same price. Maybe everyone gets a $45 plan, but with different data buckets depending on what they have/use?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zxanfar View Post

"...Full speeds available up to monthly allotment; then slowed to 2G speeds for rest of billing cycle. Roaming and on-network roaming allotments differ: 500MB full speed plan includes 10MB roaming; 2.5GB, 4.5GB & Unlimited 4G full-speed plans include 50MB roaming; 6.5GB and 8.5GB full speed plans include 100MB roaming; and 10.5GB and 12.5GB full speed plans include 200MB roaming..."

Looks like there are multiple data options within the "Select Value" plan, probably correlating with what you used to have, including "unlimited 4G".

Note that my letter includes the phrase "2.5GB of 4G data" within the title of the plan; whereas the other letter published here includes the phrase "Unlimited 4G", both for the same price. Maybe everyone gets a $45 plan, but with different data buckets depending on what they have/use?

Right. Thanks for the clarification. Going off your info it appears everybody is 45 with different bucket of data. Hopefully some additional letters pop up. Have you called the number and if so can you opt for a different version of the 45.00 plan?

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zxanfar View Post

I think since you used to have a 2GB even more plus plan, it switched you to the 2.5 gigabytes cap.

The person who posted the letter had $2.99 t-zones which was a truly unlimited plan. So that's why they got the $45 unlimited everything plan.

I hope they bump all T-Zones users to 100% unthrottled data

Sent from my Nexus 4

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    I think since you used to have a 2GB even more plus plan, it switched you to the 2.5 gigabytes cap.

The person who posted the letter had $2.99 t-zones which was a truly unlimited plan. So that's why they got the $45 unlimited everything plan.

I hope they bump all T-Zones users to 100% unthrottled data

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Plus if they give us T-zones users 2.5GB of sanctioned tethering then I will be happy (for the same price of course). I am still waiting on someone to report back on family plans.

This will be interesting to see all the other carriers replicate :O

Device(s)
    Samsung i900 Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone else received a letter aside from "billfor"?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
    Anyone else received a letter aside from "billfor"?
    zxanfar did, and posted the details of their letter.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone XR
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s [AT&T] & iPhone 8 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9H
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently on a plan I really like:

-300 minutes
    -50 loyalty minutes every month
    -myfaves add-on
    -unlimited text
    -unlimited android data add on

Total: $60

I called up Tmobile and wanted to see what rate plan I would be on and how much. The CSR was pretty clueluess. Every question I asked, she would have to put me on hold and ask someone else.

So from what she was telling me, everyone would be receiving a phone call in addition to the letter (hard to believe about the phone call). She did not have the price or the plan for me, but indicated that the phone call/letters would happen for me next month.

30 minutes for nothing on the phone Stick Out Tongue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post
    Plus if they give us T-zones users 2.5GB of sanctioned tethering then I will be happy (for the same price of course). I am still waiting on someone to report back on family plans.

This will be interesting to see all the other carriers replicate :O
    I agree... I want to know if the family time plans are affected before making a move...

Feedback Score
    Could someone please explain this to me. I have a grandfathered classic family plan, some lines have bridge to value and some have no data (because they don't need it). As I understand it, with the new plan (1) I will lose bridge to value, and (2) I will not be able to have lines with no data. Is that right? If so, would I lose anything by getting subsidized phones right now at best buy or staples?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilcher View Post
    I'm currently on a plan I really like:

-300 minutes
    -50 loyalty minutes every month
    -myfaves add-on
    -unlimited text
    -unlimited android data add on

Total: $60

I called up Tmobile and wanted to see what rate plan I would be on and how much. The CSR was pretty clueluess. Every question I asked, she would have to put me on hold and ask someone else.

So from what she was telling me, everyone would be receiving a phone call in addition to the letter (hard to believe about the phone call). She did not have the price or the plan for me, but indicated that the phone call/letters would happen for me next month.

30 minutes for nothing on the phone Stick Out Tongue
    You need to call the number on the letter. Customer service isn't going to have a clue as you just found out.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would actually be happy if they give us the $70 plan for less than $50 permanently though.

I would get unlimited talk, txt, and truly unlimited 4g data, plus I can still tether since I'm using a nexus phone, and would end up saving about $10+ per month, plus be able to use ANY smartphone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pirxpilot View Post
    Could someone please explain this to me. I have a grandfathered classic family plan, some lines have bridge to value and some have no data (because they don't need it). As I understand it, with the new plan (1) I will lose bridge to value, and (2) I will not be able to have lines with no data. Is that right? If so, would I lose anything by getting subsidized phones right now at best buy or staples?
    If you look at the quote from the inside at the beginning of this thread he said classic plans with bridge to value will still be around. So your plan shouldn't change. You will lose bridge to value in any line you upgrade.

Page 4 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast