Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Northridge Sprint Store Shady / Deceitful Sales Tactics and TERRIBLE Customer Service

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    I worked at Sprint 7 years ago and this is something that all stores do. Let me explain.....

First off..... your one of the "annoying" customers, we didn't like people like you....no offense to you sorry but im being honest

So, when new phones come to the market, the stores only get a few. Most phones are sold via telesales. Everyone should order their phones via phone. The ones that are sold in the store are usually saved for new activations or in rare cases sold with a massive amount of accessories. Remember, these sales reps get commissions so they are not there to give their money away. Someone can potentially walk in add 4 lines of that new phone you were going to purchase and the rep would make some money. If everyone walked in to upgrade the rep makes nothing. I no longer work for Sprint, thank god , but I do feel for the because they have to make money.

so......the moral of the story is get your phone via telesales and stop being so annoying......everyone has to make money some how and because sprint is so retarded to pack their stores with new phones this is what sales reps have to do.
    I agree with you about going with telesales, Apple, Amazon etc, but you are being disingenuous when you say that you didn't make money. If fact you did, you just think your pay isn't enough. Depending on how you look at it, many people don't think phones sales is worth a 30-50 Grand a year pay check. You don't have any special skills, unless you count being sleazy as a skill. Lets face it, phone sales is where some go to learn, in that case when you leave, you have learned something that you can apply elsewhere while enjoying the bling.

On the other hand, some folks like the income that feeds their family, and I'm sure that carriers are looking for those people. Carriers, I'm betting, don't like the crybabies, but put up with them because before you get worn out, you do increase their profits.

Who is the ***** now, wireless carriers or wireless sales people.

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I read this entire post and I am asking myself the following why are people getting all worked up about? And I remember being in cs in a call center and the calls I had to deal with.

It is a phone and btw a lousy phone, I have the Iphone 4 and frankly it sucks and the only reason I got the phone was that it was free and no other reason. I will be buying android very soon off of ebay.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It's not the phone service we're worked up over... I think most people regardless of which carrier you pick see it as a utility... It's the general attitude in a lot of the stores that sell it.

Honestly I think it's a lament along the lines of 'once it gets popular, customer service goes down hill'

It just seems that until 2004 or so you had a lot more people selling phones who actually really knew their products (exceptions of course, but not as many as now) and it didn't seem that the carriers put such a push on certain devices.

Furthermore, I remember a time when I would actually consider going into an authorized agent to buy service or get questions answered... They generally had staff that were just as knowledgeable as the corporate stores - - and more importantly, the same policies as a corporate store... Now a lot of authorized agents have little gotchas and upsells that even the corporate stores don't have... There's one around here in particular that people can't stand - - they have their own insurance/warranty plan that is even worse than the carriers, push their 'get started' package (3 crappy non OEM accessories, screen protector etc) for 79 bucks even harder than the phones themselves (as in its damn near impossible to avoid it and they even have been known to tack it on anyway and say 'we require it') and also have their own large ETF on top of the carrier's... It seems that the carriers have allowed a lot of their agents to become low-end ghetto phone hawkers rather than an extension of the carrier in the areas there they can't or isn't viable to open their own corporate stores...

What's worse is that even the corporate stores are becoming and more like these agents, as evidenced by the OP...

So that's why I think it's hit a nerve... Yes I know as things become a commodity they are sold differently and since there is no 'organic growth' left you have to differentiate... But it says something when there is only ONE Sprint store left I consider going into (since the turnover is very low, they have decent people, and the managers have been the same since it opened in 2003 and they know me) - - and that I'd rather deal with Comcast than go into any other store aside from that one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2