Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Republic will Make an Announcement on Thursday

Feedback Score
    this is a wifi based service so roaming is the last thing anyone should worry about. it's not for most people
    It depends on your usage. For me 90% of the time I would be at home or in the office and would be able to use WiFi, and I could live with not having data on the road except when at a restaurant or some place with WiFi. The $10 plan would be perfect for me about 95% of the time. But, I don't want to be without voice and texting ability when on the road, so coverage and roaming are important. Try finding a pay phone these days and you'll see that coverage is important even if you just use the phone for emergencies.

Device(s)
    iphone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can someone answer a question about the Moto X as it relates to RW?

How much memory does it have and is it upgradeable? (SD memory slot???)

Thanks,

DaWn

Feedback Score
    16GB internal storage, 2GB ram, no external SD and internal non replaceable battery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkdigles View Post
    Republic Wireless offers Moto X for $299 off-contract, unlimited data for $25 per month

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/19/47...t-price-launch
    True but the 25.00 plan is 3g only. The 40.00 plan is unlimited LTE

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I don't consider RW as a choice for me. Unless these things have changed: must have hi-speed internet & if you're not connecting enough to WiFi your service is terminated.
    This has never happened that I have heard. When I first started beck with them and the MotoDEFY I almost never used WiFi because it was my work phone and I was on the road 90+% of the time. In all that time I was never cut off, never given a warning of any kind, ever.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
    Can someone answer a question about the Moto X as it relates to RW?

How much memory does it have and is it upgradeable? (SD memory slot???)

Thanks,

DaWn
    The next phone for RW is supposed to be the MotoDVX, a down graded version of the MotoX, not LTE capable but may support wimax, still not a lot known about it.
    It has a removable back unlike the MX but we still don't know if it has a user replaceable battery and or SD card slot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    This has never happened that I have heard. When I first started beck with them and the MotoDEFY I almost never used WiFi because it was my work phone and I was on the road 90+% of the time. In all that time I was never cut off, never given a warning of any kind, ever.

So if that's policy & they put it in their TOS that'd elevate their status in the MVNO rankings.

Question did you have to connect & or register a Wifi connection to start service?

Edit: Just added what taxes would be here. My total is $22.55. Right now I'm paying $28.20 with AV. So accordingly if I switched I would gain: $5.65 + unlimted data. I would lose: ATT coverage & a better phone. So now for ME, not jumping.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Edit: Just added what taxes would be here. My total is $22.55. Right now I'm paying $28.20 with AV. So accordingly if I switched I would gain: $5.65 + unlimted data. I would lose: ATT coverage & a better phone. So now for ME, not jumping.
    You'd probably end up being about the same since the $19 plan won't apply to the Moto X or any of the newer phones. Their new plans will be $5 for wifi only, $10 for unlimited talk/text and no mobile data, $25 for unlimited talk/text and "unlimited" 3G data and $40 for "unlimited" talk/text and unlimited LTE. "Unlimited" means that they have a soft cap of 5GB of native Sprint data and 100MB of roaming data. The first time is a freebie but you'll be throttled to 1X data speeds if you hit it again within 6 months. They're measured separately so hitting your roaming limit won't impact you speeds in a Sprint area. You're also able to switch plans up to two times a month.

And in regards to the Moto X storage, looks like 10.99GB of the 16GB internal storage is free. https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1653

Feedback Score
    If I could get a comparable Sprint phone to my Atrix 2 (4.3" or larger) for $150 or under. And if I could buy a non-expiring Data card @.06 MB. No cut off if I don't register or use Wifi. I'd think hard & probably jump to the $10 UTnT plan.

Feedback Score
    I don't consider RW as a choice for me. Unless these things have changed: must have hi-speed internet & if you're not connecting enough to WiFi your service is terminated.
    Provided my history is somewhat correct, Republic told users at launch to use about 60% on wi-fi. Company even created a Fair Use Policy to explain how subscribers could stay within the limit. That policy lasted maybe a month or two before it was eliminated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    ....Republic told users at launch to use about 60% on wi-fi. Company even created a Fair Use Policy to explain how subscribers could stay within the limit. That policy lasted maybe a month or two before it was eliminated.
    Where was it eliminated? Not in RW TOS?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Buying a defy for $99 now will ensure a lifetime 10% discount on your service making it $4.50 for wifi only, $9 for unlimited talk/text and no mobile data, $22.50 for unlimited talk/text and "unlimited" 3G data and $36 for "unlimited" talk/text and unlimited LTE. "Unlimited" means that they have a soft cap of 5GB of native Sprint data and 100MB of roaming data.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The 10% discount only applied if you bought the Defy prior to 9/26 when it was $199.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iphone 4: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.33361/32.749; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    ....Republic told users at launch to use about 60% on wi-fi. Company even created a Fair Use Policy to explain how subscribers could stay within the limit. That policy lasted maybe a month or two before it was eliminated.
    Where was it eliminated? Not in RW TOS?
    they still will still toss you if you use to much sprint towers.i called them.there is no set amount

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Called who? RW doesn't offer phone support. And based on their blog posts, no one has been terminated yet (not even those using over 75GB/mo). There's always a chance, just as with any other carrier, but it hasn't happened yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast