Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5 - it's mobile technology

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Grand Theft Auto 5 - it's mobile technology

So ... I spent 4.5 hours in line last night at Scarborough Town Centre at the EB Games. Why did I spend that much time there? To get GTAV baby! Yeah, I'm a loser... and you can add me to RockStar Social Club via my username which is AllanVS1 (yeah, so original eh?).

Why am I talking about GTA:V in a mobile phone forum? Well, cuz I'm messed up like that, and because they actually have cell phones in the game.

Everyone knows the cars in the game are blended versions of real life cars (take a look at the following image)
    You'll see that the car Franklin Clinton (one of the protagonists) is standing on, looks a lot like a Porsche 911... but if you look at it from the front or rear, there are stylistic differences - and there have always been those. Look at the yellow car - it has the trunk of a Hyundai Accent (2010 maybe?), the doors of a Toyota, and the hood/front bumper of something else.
    Name:  All-GTA-V-Cars-Mod_5.jpg
Views: 52120
Size:  77.7 KB

But again ... Allan, what does THAT have to do with technology - specifically mobile stuff?
    Well in GTA V, which was released in 2008, they introduced the cellphone. It was basic - very basic, and didn't look much like anything.

Name:  Cellphone_Badger.jpg
Views: 2677
Size:  40.6 KB

However ... for GTAV, they've gone and 'blended' together a new phone - just like they have with their cars (well, at least since they started using a 1st person model, and not the top down model of GTA 1, 2 and 1969.)
    Anyway here's what YOUR first phone looks like:
    Click here to see watching a video Name:  gta_v_franklin_homescreen1.jpg
Views: 4338
Size:  13.8 KB

Some people have iFruit phones too!
    Name:  iPhone-5-GTA-V1.jpg
Views: 7877
Size:  239.5 KB

Can we say Samsung Galaxy Ace II or very very close to it?
    Not only does it look near identical to the Ace II, it does video, has 'cloud' save, and more.
    The phone is used to pick up messages, answer calls and get missions, send and receive email, take photos and videos and/or watch videos and ... detonate bombs.

So the phone has become fully integrated into the game, and the main way to actually progress in the game is answer phone calls, and make them. Kudos to Rockstar for their successful game, and again, if you play GTAV ... feel free to add me on Rockstar Social Club AllanVS1.

Feedback Score
    im getting GTA 5 today i cant wait to play it!

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I should point out ... that Take-2 and Rockstar have the worlds largest grossing video game on their hands.
    According to Take-2, they sold $800,000,000 worth of games. That works out to roughly 12 million units sold. Probably closer to 11.5 million, as I think 500k were "Ultra" edition and cost $150.

Feedback Score
    This game is amazing! and best GTA ever.