Thread: Sprint losing tower leases in Colorado?

Feedback Score

Sprint losing tower leases in Colorado?

Over the last few months, coverage with Sprint has gotten considerably worse in rural areas of Colorado including: Hotchkiss, Paonia, Crawford, Cedaredge, Lazear, Austin, Somerset, etc.

We've been told that this was due to the Network Vision upgrade to 4G.

In the last few days, we've had customers coming in the store saying that they're receiving calls from Sprint tech support saying that Sprint lost the lease on some towers in Colorado including 2 that cover Redlands mesa.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BossCellular View Post
    Over the last few months, coverage with Sprint has gotten considerably worse in rural areas of Colorado including: Hotchkiss, Paonia, Crawford, Cedaredge, Lazear, Austin, Somerset, etc.

We've been told that this was due to the Network Vision upgrade to 4G.

In the last few days, we've had customers coming in the store saying that they're receiving calls from Sprint tech support saying that Sprint lost the lease on some towers in Colorado including 2 that cover Redlands mesa.

Does anyone know what's going on?
    Not being from Colorado, I have no idea where those towns are. Any noticeable changes to Sprint's coverage maps? I do know Denver is one of the earliest metros to have Sprint's new 2.5GHz TD-LTE. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...E-in-Denver-CO

If you're not already aware Sprint's Network Vision entails LTE service launch on three freq bands 800/1900/2500. The most deployed and 'primary' band is 1900MHz. Sprint is also launching TD-LTE on the newly acquired Clearwire spectrum (band 41).

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+, iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    These towns are in Delta county which is western Colorado. A quick search on google didn't yield anything about tower leases.

I don't believe a lease was lost for the towers covering those towns as I've heard evidence they are being upgraded. Not sure what is going on.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for checking! I know we've had a lot of rumors about a disgruntled land owner knocking down 2 towers with a tractor but I hope it's just the upgrade!

I own a boost mobile/ virgin mobile store here and definitely don't want to start looking for new carriers!

Boost and Virgin were absolutely awesome here until August the 15th and I pray that these issues are fixed abs keep my store as the best option for cellular service in this area!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Losing leases on towers does happen sometimes but it is rare. I wouldn't believe everything you hear and that tractor story sounds silly to me. Normally when a lease cannot be renewed the carrier will know in advance and will attempt to have a new location set up. If there was coverage before and then it seems to have disappeared a much more likely explanation would be a simple cell site outage. Outages can sometimes take weeks or even months to fix, depending on the problem.
    Sprint user since 1997

Feedback Score
    I wonder if this upgrade means I can get that cell tower acquisition I've been trying to get?
    Sprint adding a few more cell towers to improve their service even more should be a good idea.