Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 555

Thread: LG Nexus 5 passes FCC with multiple LTE bands

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    576
    Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    There are silly rumors and there are facts.
    • The FCC tests are a fact,
    • the Bluetooth certifications are a fact,
    • the leaked logs are a fact,
    • the LG manual is a fact,
    • the leaked pictures with the Nexus branding are a fact.
    • Even the Nexus 5 name is a fact.



    They all corroborate each other very well, just as credit card purchases at a store will corroborate the store's security camera footage to show someone was at a certain place at a certain time.

    Whereas, Google re-releasing the Nexus 4 is just a silly rumor.
    Again.... Another day, another rumor. Speculation is not fact.

    Credit card could be stolen and it could be a twin on camera! Always dig deeper and don't take things at face value!

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    576
    Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    sooner or later you' ll bite you own tongue

    Sent from my GT-N5100
    Never. If it releases as a Nexus 5, I am still right because as of now it is not official. If it doesn't release, I am still right... I can't be wrong, because I don't speculate. With that being said, I do hope it releases and that everything said is correct, but... I am a realist. It can't be proven as a fact until Google says "Hey! Guess what?"

  3. #228
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Again.... Another day, another rumor. Speculation is not fact.

    Credit card could be stolen and it could be a twin on camera! Always dig deeper and don't take things at face value!
    He doesn't have a twin.

    the nexus 4 rumor is stupid, and android geeks should not have even let it get past their fort-knox quality rumor vetting process

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    576
    Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigfatj View Post
    He doesn't have a twin.

    the nexus 4 rumor is stupid, and android geeks should not have even let it get past their fort-knox quality rumor vetting process
    Ah...but you don't know that for a fact do you?

    It's funny that so many people take this so seriously... it's a phone folks... just a phone.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    But if they promote the Nexus 5 right now, they would have to release specs, etc. They are waiting to do that at the formal announcement.

    They would have to admit the Nexus 5 EXISTS. Right now, except for the "accidental" leaks (employee holding one in a video, technical manual leaked, FCC tests revealed at manufacturer request) Google has not mentioned a word about the Nexus 5. Brilliant PR campaign.

    In fact, this whole "Nexus 4 LTE" thing is probably Google's idea of a head fake and and they really plan to release the Nexus 5 (much better specs, smaller case size) at the same price point as the Nexus 4.
    That would be nice

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

    ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    metro Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,527
    Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Again.... Another day, another rumor. Speculation is not fact.

    Credit card could be stolen and it could be a twin on camera! Always dig deeper and don't take things at face value!
    Some day I hope you post something useful.

    Again..

    • The FCC tests are a fact,
    • the Bluetooth certifications are a fact,
    • the leaked logs are a fact,
    • the LG technical manual is a fact,
    • the leaked pictures with the Nexus branding are a fact.
    • Even the Nexus 5 name is a fact.


    I work in the media and I know what a "leak" PR campaign looks like. You obviously don't.

    I knew back last spring LG was making the Nexus 5 and that it would be called the Nexus 5, when everyone else was saying LG had denied any involvement. No, LG did not deny involvement -- they actually admitted involvement -- if you know how to read Asia corporate speak.

    And that's why this silly "Nexus 4 LTE" re-release rumor is ridiculous.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Ah...but you don't know that for a fact do you?

    It's funny that so many people take this so seriously... it's a phone folks... just a phone.
    The distinction he was making about facts vs rumors is important.

    Your argument -- bringing up extremely unlikely possibilities to disprove the 'fact' column -- is esoteric and flimsy. That's my point.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Apple just sent invites to an October 22nd event -- 8 days in advance.

    Apple is tight with their announcements. They like to keep things under wraps as much as anyone. So if our next most likely date is October 31, then we should see invites next Wednesday or earlier.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,018
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Some day I hope you post something useful.

    Again..

    • The FCC tests are a fact,
    • the Bluetooth certifications are a fact,
    • the leaked logs are a fact,
    • the LG technical manual is a fact,
    • the leaked pictures with the Nexus branding are a fact.
    • Even the Nexus 5 name is a fact.


    I work in the media and I know what a "leak" PR campaign looks like. You obviously don't.

    I knew back last spring LG was making the Nexus 5 and that it would be called the Nexus 5, when everyone else was saying LG had denied any involvement. No, LG did not deny involvement -- they actually admitted involvement -- if you know how to read Asia corporate speak.

    And that's why this silly "Nexus 4 LTE" re-release rumor is ridiculous.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-store-1190718

    CHECK OUT GOOGLE PLAY STORE
    EDIT: it has disappeared and don't know where it went.

    http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/17/4...ay-store-price
    Last edited by KH6CY; 10-18-2013 at 12:55 AM.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    257
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid ($50 Plan)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-store-1190718

    CHECK OUT GOOGLE PLAY STORE
    EDIT: it has disappeared and don't know where it went.

    http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/17/4...ay-store-price
    It still can't be proven as fact according to our resident "realist," poison7fl. It still doesn't exist because Google has not made an announcement. What you saw was just another rumor. LOL.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,011
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-store-1190718

    CHECK OUT GOOGLE PLAY STORE
    EDIT: it has disappeared and don't know where it went.

    http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/17/4...ay-store-price
    It was either a mistake or a "mistake". In the first case, someone had created the page and loaded it to the server, so it would be ready to go when the phone is announced, but accidentally made the page live. In the second case, Google intentionally made the page live, for just a few minutes, to create the buzz we are seeing.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    metro Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,527
    Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    It was either a mistake or a "mistake". In the first case, someone had created the page and loaded it to the server, so it would be ready to go when the phone is announced, but accidentally made the page live. In the second case, Google intentionally made the page live, for just a few minutes, to create the buzz we are seeing.


    Probably the latter -- a "mistake" -- to shut up the people claiming there will be a re-release of last year's Nexus 4 to take the "low end" pricing and that this year's Nexus 5 would be priced up to $500. This brief "accidental" Google Play posting was Google's way of saying STFU.

    $349 for 16GB Nexus 5 is actually the same price for 16GB as last year's Nexus 4 -- but with 5" 1080p, smaller body, Snapdragon 800, multiple LTE bands, pentaband HSPA+, CDMA, and 8MP OIS camera.

    So, if the 16GB is still $349, then the new 32GB will probably be $399?

    Picture from Google's Play store of the Nexus 5:



    Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker123 View Post
    It still can't be proven as fact according to our resident "realist," poison7fl. It still doesn't exist because Google has not made an announcement. What you saw was just another rumor. LOL.
    Yeah, I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks!

    ________
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus I9250
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 10-18-2013 at 06:32 AM.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,018
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post


    Probably the latter -- a "mistake" -- to shut up the people claiming there will be a re-release of last year's Nexus 4 to take the "low end" pricing and that this year's Nexus 5 would be priced up to $500. This brief "accidental" Google Play posting was Google's way of saying STFU.

    $349 for 16GB Nexus 5 is actually the same price for 16GB as last year's Nexus 4 -- but with 5" 1080p, smaller body, Snapdragon 800, multiple LTE bands, pentaband HSPA+, CDMA, and 8MP OIS camera.

    So, if the 16GB is still $349, then the new 32GB will probably be $399?

    Picture from Google's Play store of the Nexus 5:





    Yeah, I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks!

    ________
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus I9250
    I've had several phones in the past couple of years, this would be my first with a rounded earpiece.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,018
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker123 View Post
    It still can't be proven as fact according to our resident "realist," poison7fl. It still doesn't exist because Google has not made an announcement. What you saw was just another rumor. LOL.
    I think if we stop feeding the troll before he/she gets all frenzied, i'd rather go lay net and go trawling because the troll has stated, never been wrong.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Probably the latter -- a "mistake" -- to shut up the people claiming there will be a re-release of last year's Nexus 4 to take the "low end" pricing and that this year's Nexus 5 would be priced up to $500. This brief "accidental" Google Play posting was Google's way of saying STFU.
    Yeah I think that this "mistake" squashes that idea. It's too bad. I kinda liked the Nexus 4, I just wanted LTE and ended up selling mine. It was sort of limiting to T-Mobile since it lacked most of AT&T's LTE bands.

    I would've bought a Nexus 4 LTE if it supported all of T-Mobile and AT&T's LTE bands as well as being aggressively priced. It was a good phone, just REALLY fragile. They could've sold it as the LG Nexus 4T (or 4D), just to subtly give Apple the middle finger

    I'm glad that the Nexus 5 display is really just a hair under 5 inches. If the Nexus phones get any bigger, then I'm not gonna have any pockets this'll fit into. Let alone being able to hold it with one hand, which is embarrassing lol. Don't get me wrong, phablets are great for business. But, for personal use, they're too much tablet. I'm hoping that Google draws a line in the sand and keeps the Nexus phones near the Nexus 4/5 dimensions.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
  3. unknown band II/VI/V 3G device passed FCC
    By matt.mingkee in forum Other Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
  5. another band IV 3G card passed FCC
    By matt.mingkee in forum Data Aircards / USB Modems / Netbooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks