Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Nexus 5 passes FCC with multiple LTE bands

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    How would you know, at one time you did not even know what phone you were using or did you have one

Sent from my GT-N5100
    Grow up....

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Grow up....
    apparently you can dish it out but can't take it when someone disagrees with you
    it that case you should be the one to grow up
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    apparently you can dish it out but can't take it when someone disagrees with you
    it that case you should be the one to grow up
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Grow up.... and contribute something useful to the thread or move on. Simple.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by poison7fl View Post
    Grow up.... and contribute something useful to the thread or move on. Simple.
    I do contribute, search my postings, all you've been doing here is criticizing people that don't agree with you. Can you cite one of your posting that benefitted any forum member?
    Or are you pissed off because you've been proven wrong? can't swallow your pride, eh. move on.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    I do contribute, search my postings, all you've been doing here is criticizing people that don't agree with you. Can you cite one of your posting that benefitted any forum member?
    Or are you pissed off because you've been proven wrong? can't swallow your pride, eh. move on.
    I've never been wrong. And finally, Grow up.

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Nexus 5 prototype shown from all angles in leaked video

some blurred images of the Nexus 5.
    http://www.intomobile.com/2013/10/11...exus-5-leaked/

How about this? 7-minute HD video posted to YouTube. Change the settings to 1080p, to see it in full HD.

Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    Ah sorry, missed this post. Been busy a few days. Sorry! But here's video and article.

This test unit says "not for sale" and has 16GB internal memory, but we know the leaked manual shows both 16GB and 32GB. Also it's running an older version of 4.4 -- still called by the codename KeyLimePie -- instead of the now official "KitKat". BUT, the hardware is the same. And you can see it quite well!

Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 shown off in 7-minute HD video

Nexus 5 prototype shown from all angles in leaked video

Posted: 12 Oct 2013, 16:07, by Michael H.

So far, when it comes to the Google Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat, we've had to deal mostly with still images or maybe a very short video that doesn't really show much. A new video has popped up that claims to show off the Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 in detail, quite a bit of detail actually as the video is full HD and 7 minutes long. Unfortunately, whoever made the video doesn't really seem to be familiar with showing off a device, because there are still a lot of questions left to be answered.

The hardware looks as we expected it to. We had heard before that the device had a back similar to the Nexus 7 2013, and that looks about right in the video. The back of the device looks like a matte almost rubberized plastic (unfortunately, there is no audio in the video to confirm this). The camera lens on the back looks as big as it has in other leaks, although the video doesn't show the camera in action at all. The camera app is opened, but we don't get to see any pictures taken or the quality of the camera.

The rest of the hardware is what you'd expect: power button and SIM tray on the right side, volume rocker on the left, stereo speakers on the bottom with the micro-USB plug, and the headphone jack on top. One interesting bit that we can't quite place shows up at the 49-second mark of the video. There is some sort of sensor or microphone that is reflecting on the bottom left of the front of the device, but we're not quite sure what that is.

On the software side of things, it looks like the device is running an older build of Android 4.4, because it doesn't have some of the changes that we saw recently, like the camera button on the lockscreen, or the new app tray icon. The video doesn't really dig into the system itself or changes there, but spends a lot of time going through the various Google Apps on the device. We'll keep checking deeper, but we didn't see anything on the first run through.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah, I saw that one and it ain't ugly. lots of people say Samsung's are ugly, Motorola's are ugly but to each his/her own. Only ones I know that criticizes a device are the ones can't afford it.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    yeah, I saw that one and it ain't ugly. lots of people say Samsung's are ugly, Motorola's are ugly but to each his/her own. Only ones I know that criticizes a device are the ones can't afford it.
    So, you are saying this is a pretty phone worthy of a flagship device? Have you seen the LG G2... now that is pretty... so many older phones are nicer...

I don't think cost has anything to do with it, and clearly you shouldn't think that way either because this is a "rumored" cheaper cost phone that most. I don't mind paying more for the G2, if it looks nicer, so we will see.

Personally, after looking at the video, with all of the protruding buttons, and camera lens, I think and hope they are going to have either removable back cases so everything fits flush, or a finished back/bezel, or something like that. Something just doesn't seem right with the design...

The Nexus 4 is way nicer looking... you can't deny that.

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    I doesn't look that ugly to me; that said, I am sure that the final version will more refined/polished. The phone in the picture found in this post already has some accents that the one in the video doesn't:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15250500

Google: release it already!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Nexus 5 photos appear in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by haris163 View Post
    I doesn't look that ugly to me; that said, I am sure that the final version will more refined/polished. The phone in the picture found in this post already has some accents that the one in the video doesn't:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15250500

Google: release it already!
    Seems like EVERYONE has a Nexus 5 they are flashing around, except us! "While earlier leaks have shown a device with no NEXUS on the back and an earlier version of the software now known as Android 4.4 KitKat, this version seems to work with a final build.

http://goo.gl/RqjRLv
    Nexus 5 photos appear in Russia

Oct 14th 2013

It would seem that the LG-made Nexus 5 is ready to launch in several European countries as it’s appeared in Russia (today) as well as France and Italy over the past several days. What we’re seeing today is a back view as well as a right-side view and a couple of front views of this soon-to-be-revealed machine, also known as one of the most leaked smartphones of the year, easily. Here we’re finding a slightly modified smartphone lockscreen as well.

The LG Nexus 5 is made with the LG G2 as its base. This means that the folks at Google saw what LG did with the LG G2, liked where it was going, and decided to make with a new iteration of it with LG collaborating along the way. Here you’ll see what appears to be an optical image stabilization-equipped back-facing camera, a single LED flash, and the word NEXUS appearing the same as it does on the ASUS-made Nexus 7 tablet.

The Nexus 5 also has a standard power button and volume button, unlike the original LG G2. The LG G2 works with a back-facing volume button and power button, both of which appear in SlashGear’s full LG G2 review from last month. This Nexus 5 device also appears devoid of any front-facing physical or capacitive buttons just as the LG G2 and the Nexus 4 did before.

The LG Nexus 5 appears here from Russia (with love) from Anton Kuznetsov, a fellow who also appears to be quite proud of the images posted to the French site leaking photos just a few days ago. It’s quite possible that Kuznetsov was the leakster providing images in that case as well. Certainly not out of the question provided the camera quality – even though both devices are not one in the same.

Apart from the words “#Nexus5 – From Russia with Love ”, Kuznetsov didn’t say anything and refrained from revealing any other details like the release date, specs or even a possible launch date window in the comment section too. He hasn’t also revealed how he even managed to get a hold of a Nexus 5 weeks before its official release date.

UPDATE: The original source has appeared – these images are actually coming from Kirill Karmazin, posting nearly anonymously to a Russian message board called VK.

While earlier leaks have shown a device with no NEXUS on the back and an earlier version of the software now known as Android 4.4 KitKat, this version seems to work with a final build. We’re also seeing a standard microUSB charger here, though it’s certainly possible that the photographer just happened to plug in whatever microUSB cord happened to be available.

Have a peek at the timeline below for other recent images and telling details on the Nexus 5, and expect it to appear sooner than later – Google has yet to confirm the existence of this device in kind.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Some images also indicates dual bottom facing speakers.

Sent from my GT-N5100

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No Nexus 5 yet in Google Play store
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Some images also indicates dual bottom facing speakers.
    From the 7-minute video:

Quote Originally Posted by yyz123 View Post
    No Nexus 5 yet in Google Play store
    Google has never RELEASED a Nexus smartphone before November. NEVER.

Of all the found Nexus phones so far, twice (gen3 2011, gen4 2012) Google ANNOUNCED the new Nexus in October, and RELEASED them in November. The previous two (gen1, gen2) were actually released in January and December.

Even if Google ANNOUNCES the Nexus 5 today (or sometime between now and end of October), don't be surprised if it's not actually available for purchase until November.

I still think Google will have a full-blown show-and-tell press conference -- for which invitations will be sent out a week or so ahead of time.

Feedback Score
    Would be nice if they announced it today as well as making it available for pre-order. Even if it didn't ship till November first.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The rumor is that the phone will be released at the very end of October, possibly the 30th or 31st. From what I recall, this rumor is based off a case manufacturer accidentally releasing information on their Nexus 5 case and when it would go on sale. As for the announcement, there is speculation that Google wants the announcement the day before Apple's press conference (expected to announce new iPads), and Apple has delayed a week.

Another interesting rumor I just found, there is a new rumor that they will not only announce the Nexus 5 but also an LTE version of the Nexus 4. This rumor suggests that the 16 GB Nexus 4 LTE will be $299, a 32 GB version of the Nexus 4 LTE will be $349, the 15 GB Nexus 5 at $399, and a 32 GB Nexus 5 at $449.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast