Thread: Range extender update

Feedback Score

Range extender update

I purchased a Samsung A3LSCS from Verizon to extend the range of my phones which did not work in the house. I was told at the time of purchase that it would workl with PagePlus. I installed the unit and it worked perfectly with Verizon phones. I then transfered my phones to Page Plus, ported with same number. System worked just fine for about a week. The Extender than started acting up with not picking up GPS, magenta light, also system red light blinking. I called Verizon about the problem and was passd from one support to another and then put on hold, after 30 minutes I found the call had been terminated. I tried again to talk to Verizon and after another 1/2 hour was told that it would work on Page Plus but that PP had to program it the phone. Further contact with Pageplus I found that that was NOT the case and PagePlus could not be of help.
    Bottom line is that Verizon wants me to purchase a post plan and assign it to extender. That at an additional high cost and defeats my gain with much better rates with Page Plus.
    My pont being in this Forum is make others aware of what kind of company Verizon is. I will now sell the A3LSCS for which I paid 250.00 and lick my wounds. Hope this has been of some help

Guaranteedsales

Feedback Score
    Do you know anybody with Verizon postpaid account that would be willing to register it under their acct. my understanding is there is no monthly charge but it needs to be tied to a active acct. My work and a friend both have them. My phones on page plus and selectel both work on their Verizon extenders. If you could find a friend or family member to register it for you maybe it would work just the same with no more money lost ?

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Sanyo Taho , Novatel 4620 MiFi
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know you don't want to hear this but because you are not a direct subscriber to the major carrier and you are with an MVNO , your only solution is a wireless cellular amplifier system. . Due to new FCC regulations, I suggest you wait to even look at any as all current products on the market do not meet the new regulations. Thus they will be illegal as of March 1 2014 . There should be lots of new solutions available by the end of the year.
    Check us out In Marketplace Forums For Howard Forums only deals
    WWW.MaximumSignal.Net
    WWW.MaximumSignal.Ca for Canadians
    Cellular Reception Solutions

Feedback Score

Thanks for the heads up

Thank you both for the insight. I will first see if I can find a Verizon friend to register unit. I will also look for anothr unit later when this one becomes illegal and stops working.