Thread: wp8 Huawei W1 to android

Feedback Score

wp8 Huawei W1 to android

greetings, recently i purchased a Straight Talk Huawei W1 with windows phone 8 on it. i now realize i have made a mistake and was wondering if it would be possible to convert the phone to android. i've noticed that straight talk has another huawei phone for sell but it runs android instead of wp8, but it looks like the same phone (except 50 dollars cheaper). anyone have an idea ??

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not possible. Best you can do is return it (if possible?) or sell it then buy an Android.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    to late to return it. but maybe i could sell it, its a nice phone just not for me. thanks volaris, i thought it was a long shot but i had to ask.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    This is because the phone hasn't had a Android development done to it yet. Sorry to hear about that
    TorontoRootWorks.Com
    Toronto's #1 Professional Android & iOS Enhancing Service

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing you need to reboot the phone to enter such a mode though. Alternatively, if you "just" mean Full FS Access via MTP, that's still very cool.One thought: did you include the Samsung RPC server (so that tools written for interop-unlocked Samsung phones will work)? If not, it may be difficult to port some apps; not all the relevant parts of the registry are writable even with capability unlock (unless you modified the registry ACLs) and I can't find an arbitrary registry write function in the Huawel WINMDs (although there may be one I just didn't see; I did find a read function). CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC