Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Payment System Upgrade Issues Thread

Feedback Score

Unofficial Payment System Upgrade Issues Thread

Finish the sentence: The US Cellular new payment system upgrade....

Device(s)
    Motorola X
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    ...was/is a huge cluster and whoever was in charge of it should have been fired by now.

I mean seriously...even the planned three days is retarded...that shouldn't be acceptable to ANY business.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got an advanced replacement approved on the 19th, no word on that still because they couldn't access my account when I called earlier today. My Autopay was set for the 28th, I got an email the 29th saying that it was declined. It's never been declined before, and I've got plenty of available credit on that card, it hasn't expired, etc.

I'm about ready to cancel the moment I receive the replacement and sell that phone on eBay.

I used to think those were good mobile data speeds. The one on the left is US Cellular 1X, on the right is US Cellular EVDO.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    No problems here except bill hasn't been generated yet and is due on the 4th. I was told they are processing bills and customers will be given extra time to pay.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    No problems here except bill hasn't been generated yet and is due on the 4th. I was told they are processing bills and customers will be given extra time to pay.
    Same here. Mine is due on the 8th. The only other issue is that My Account is showing none of my usage, which everyone is experiencing. No big deal, just annoying.

This whole process has been one big cluster****. I know they've lost a lot of customers because of this.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    Facebook is full of people shut off due to non pay even though they were told that they would be fine.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    Not a fair sentence to finish since swearing is not allowed.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    This is really unbelievable how a company of this size can mess up the implementation of a system so bad. Where are the checks and balances? I know that they had a their test markets but the final upgrade affected a major portion of their customer base and how on earth can you shut down the system for a majority of your customers for 6 days and then not expect any overloading? Originally this upgrade was to take place over the 4th or July weekend but had too many issues at the time so it was delayed. Evidently they pushed forward without addressing all of the issues. If you haven't been affected you will be at some point. A major meltdown of this magnitude will certainly have a long lasting ripple effect. The worst part is there has been very little communication passed down to the customer base, the stores and/or to customer service. Communication is the key in cases like these. From an industry standpoint US Cellular is not in a position to have something like this happen. I will be curious to listen to their next quarterly conference call to hear more of the details/spin and how this ultimately might affect their numbers. As a long time customer for many years, proponent of their company as well as a stockholder I am truly embarrassed.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5, LG Wine 2, Samsung Freeform 4
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc1 View Post
    This is really unbelievable how a company of this size can mess up the implementation of a system so bad. Where are the checks and balances? I know that they had a their test markets but the final upgrade affected a major portion of their customer base and how on earth can you shut down the system for a majority of your customers for 6 days and then not expect any overloading? Originally this upgrade was to take place over the 4th or July weekend but had too many issues at the time so it was delayed. Evidently they pushed forward without addressing all of the issues. If you haven't been affected you will be at some point. A major meltdown of this magnitude will certainly have a long lasting ripple effect. The worst part is there has been very little communication passed down to the customer base, the stores and/or to customer service. Communication is the key in cases like these. From an industry standpoint US Cellular is not in a position to have something like this happen. I will be curious to listen to their next quarterly conference call to hear more of the details/spin and how this ultimately might affect their numbers. As a long time customer for many years, proponent of their company as well as a stockholder I am truly embarrassed.
    +1. Very well said.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5, LG Wine 2, Samsung Freeform 4
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    My bill is due and I've paid online for a long time but there's no way I'm paying online this time and maybe not in the future after seeing all the horror stories of people having their online and auto-pay payments deducted twice and then still having their service cutoff for no apparent reason; then taking days to ever get it restored. I guess I'll take my chances on writing them a check and hand delivering it to the USCC store here.

Carrier(s)
    us cellular
    Feedback Score
    My bill is on auto pay and comes out of my account the 24th of every month. For July they still haven't taken my payment out which I'm assuming has something to do with all of this?

Sent with the HoFo App
    fon frenzy

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vin_mitchell View Post
    My bill is on auto pay and comes out of my account the 24th of every month. For July they still haven't taken my payment out which I'm assuming has something to do with all of this?

Sent with the HoFo App
    Yes. I'd also call in and see if your autopay is still active. There have been instances where the TOPS conversion has disabled it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if the system is back up in any capacity? Or still completely down? This is unbelievable.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Motorola X
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy83 View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the system is back up in any capacity? Or still completely down? This is unbelievable.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Still down for me. Wouldn't even let me log in last night. Had a message on the account page saying the system was down. Tried logging in this morning...able to log in, but does not display any account information...usage/amount due..etc.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I called into their "fast" business support center yesterday. Normally on hold for less than 1-2 minutes, waited 32 minutes before I got someone on the line. When I was activating a line with them I was told they were having issues with not only the auto pay but their activations as well. The phone I activated worked fine, but I was told they were having 40-60 minute delays on some activations. From a company standpoint, we have been with them for 15 plus years and I have never seen so many issues during/since any other upgrade. Hope this isn't a sign of what is in store for us with them now, but waiting to see their "offer" for 2 year contracts as I have been told we will need to discuss soon.
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast