Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Canada-wide Calling for only $10.00/Month (Existing customers only)!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux View Post
    Ehhh.... I tought it was the same? Cable, then. With the Arris modem.
    That's explains it... Sorry, the CSR uses a tool and give the answer right away of it works or not...

Can it be because I'm currently paying videotron for a bundled phone/internet package?

How can I get out of this mess...
    Either you sacrifice your Videotron number, either you return & cancel the Fido Wireless Home Phone Service...

Hope this can help...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    What if you ported the videotron number to a carrier who can do this and then port to fido or is this number not eligible to transfer at all

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ehhh.... I tought it was the same? Cable, then. With the Arris modem.

I just spoke to another rep who tought it might be because it is a business number that I'm trying to port to a residential account.

Well... That's exactly what i'm trying to do.

I really want this to work. The rep suggested to change the account owner name to my personal name and then call him back. While I was setting it up, I received a text msg from Fido telling me it won't work because my number cannot be ported.

Can it be because I'm currently paying videotron for a bundled phone/internet package?

How can I get out of this mess...?

Thanks!
    Business numbers can't be ported. You'll either have to change it to a PERSONAL account, then port it or lose the number.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    No problem then! I'm closing my company, so I need to convert the number back to a residential one (like it was before I started my home business).

So what you guys are saying is I need to 1st convert to videotron residential, then port out to Fido. Right?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    No problem then! I'm closing my company, so I need to convert the number back to a residential one (like it was before I started my home business).

So what you guys are saying is I need to 1st convert to videotron residential, then port out to Fido. Right?
    I have seen many posts of people porting their personal videotron voip number to another provider (Vonage and others). Sounds like that is what the problem is. I would first not mention to videotron you are porting over, that you are closing your business and you want to change it to a personal account and keep the number. Then once that's done...then try porting it (don't try within 10 seconds of calling Videotron, give them a chance to switch the account type, might take a few days).

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I will try this and report back how it went.

I would really hate to go through all this and end up at the same exact point, lol!

Fingers crossed!

Thanks to all

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I would really hate to go through all this and end up at the same exact point, lol!

Fingers crossed!
    Iam experiencing Deja Voodoo myself this week so you will have company.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I will try this and report back how it went.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks to all
    Let us know! I'll report back after I port a Bell land line over next week.

Feedback Score
    Sim still work in the ZTE
    It would be interesting to know if the SIM would work in another ZTE device (from another Fido Home Phone account).
    It could be that the SIM is hardcoded either to a type of device or to a device IMEI.

Device(s)
    Bold 9900
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liviutoma View Post
    It would be interesting to know if the SIM would work in another ZTE device (from another Fido Home Phone account).
    It could be that the SIM is hardcoded either to a type of device or to a device IMEI.
    When I ordered the Home Phone, the I asked the rep what I could do with the module if I decided to cancel Home Phone. He told me I own the module and I could re sell it. All the new owner had to do was get a sim card and insert it into the home phone.

Now i'm not sure how that would work. Is it a home phone specific sim or will the sim lock to the home phone once registered to the network or does fido need to add a code to lock the sim to the home phone?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, here's the end of my story:

Apparently the way Videotron handled my 450 number it cannot be ported without getting long distance charges in my region...?

In the end I got fed up and chose a new number.

By the way, I did call videotron to convert both my internet/telephone from business to residential. It would cost me 450$ to do so, even if I stay with them!

So they sealed their faith right there: If i do have to pay a cancellation fee, why would I stay with them???

Now I just have to decide between Electronicbox or Teksavvy

Thanks to all that tried to help!
    Last edited by Vieux; 08-08-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    No pricing changes...

http://www.fido.ca:80/web/content/mo...me_phone_plans

Quote Originally Posted by facehugger View Post
    And..... Its gone. (Promotion ended).

That didn't take long.
    Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, here's the end of my story:

Apparently the way Videotron handled my 450 number it cannot be ported without getting long distance charges in my region...?

In the end I got fed up and chose a new number.

By the way, I did call videotron to convert both my internet/telephone from business to residential. It would cost me 450$ to do so, even if I stay with them!

So they sealed their faith right there: If i do have to pay a cancellation fee, why would I stay with them???

Now I just have to decide between Electronicbox or Teksavvy

Thanks to all that tried to help!
    $450! That's INSANE! Well, guess now we know, business numbers need not apply for the Fido $10 home phone.

By the way, in another forum, someone who was on a Bell landline and called to port to Fido home phone actually got AN OFFER from bell for $10 home phone with NORTH AMERICA long distance. THAT'S BETTER THAN FIDO (minus call display and voicemail, but who cares...NORTH AMERICA LONG DISTANCE?!).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yuprules View Post
    $...
    By the way, in another forum, someone who was on a Bell landline and called to port to Fido home phone actually got AN OFFER from bell for $10 home phone with NORTH AMERICA long distance. THAT'S BETTER THAN FIDO (minus call display and voicemail, but who cares...NORTH AMERICA LONG DISTANCE?!).
    Did he jumped ship anyways?

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by desi View Post
    I tried an unlocked Rogers BB9700 and an unlocked Galaxy S2X and get no service on both.
    thks for the info, desibha; lol!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast