Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Obamacare

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    Republicans are spineless cowards who don't have any balls
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    EDIT: PS, You really should watch your language. As you two love birds (you and every1hatesobama) have proved, there are a some children who view these forums.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprica View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    EDIT: PS, You really should watch your language. As you two love birds (you and every1hatesobama) have proved, there are a some children who view these forums.
    Wawawa, at least now we know what side of the fence you fall from.
    And so what day care center does your mommy take you to, as your now involved in this conversation you must also be one of us children.

    If we don't like any political persona for their actions and political position it is ok as it is a free country, and we are free to voice it. It always strikes me funny how it is never ok for the right to speak their mind on the left, but the left will trash the right regularly and that is perfectly acceptable.
    Double standards abound in politics.

    ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprica View Post
    "Republicans are spineless cowards who dont have any balls"
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    EDIT: PS, You really should watch your language. As you two love birds (you and every1hatesobama) have proved, there are a some children who view these forums.
    And like a true lefty I like how you only used part of my comment and not all, taking what I said out of context.
    Standing ovation please for the man, you show your true colors well.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    how you only used part of my comment and not all, taking what I said out of context.
    .
    You're correct. You got me on this one. I should've used the whole sentence in context. I learned it from the Romney and Ryan campaign, you know,didn't build that, appeaser, and all the other stuff they took out of context during their losing campaign. It's a losing tactic and I shouldn't have stooped to the ilk of such monumental losers. I stand corrected.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    And most Republican are spineless cowards who dont have the balls to stand up to the corrupt liberals both dems and reps..
    But when I do place the whole sentence in context, then one can only conclude that you are either confused or, well, just crazy.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lol wow they lost the elections yes, but they are far less the losers that who we got.
    But be that as it may, it is probably time for this thread to be put to rest before the mods or admin comes in and shuts it down.

    We are a free nation of people's, with rights, freedoms and free will. We each have the right to support who we want and follow our own path regardless if we agree with each other.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    Lol wow they lost the elections yes, but they are far less the losers that who we got.
    But be that as it may, it is probably time for this thread to be put to rest before the mods or admin comes in and shuts it down.

    We are a free nation of people's, with rights, freedoms and free will. We each have the right to support who we want and follow our own path regardless if we agree with each other.
    Last time I checked President Obama won the election so that would make your side the losers. And if memory serves, sore losers at that. Romney couldn't bring himself to accept the fact that he lost on election night. It took quite a while after the election was called for him to come out to give his concession speech. Carl Rove (on Fox News) was pissing all over himself and embarrassing Megyn Kelly to where it looked like she wanted to slap him. Romney was described as being in a state of shock, disheveled and inconsolable for several months afterwards. If you want everyone to be able to speak their mind then why on earth would you want this thread to be closed? Getting a little too hot in the kitchen for ya? You should probably take Barbara Bush's advise when she said, "People spoke. Move on, get on with it".

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Again, I point the last line of my last post. Not getting to hot, no. But when political threads run to long they get shut down and the people involved get in trouble on the forum. I have been in these discussions on the forum before. I know the way it works and I know I enjoy this forum more than I enjoy arguing with a liberal over my beliefs.
    You can argue with your self if you like but I again point to the last line in my previous post.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,626
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Okay guys, lets pass a few chill pills around eh? This is the one and only warning to all of you: enough with the name calling and personal attacks. Address the topic, not the individuals posting in this forum. Next offender is getting a 3 day ban without further warning.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ain't that what I was just sayin?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    I know I enjoy this forum more than I enjoy arguing with a liberal over my beliefs.
    I'm not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination so please stop labeling people and calling everyone nasty names like you did earlier in the thread. Back on topic, I'm pro 2nd amendment, pro-life and strong supporter of Romney's healthcare plan that covers everyone in the state of Massachusetts and similar to Obamacare. If you didn't want to argue then you shouldn't have posted again. You refer everyone to your last post to end the debate by essentially implying that tired old cliche' "we're going to have to agree to disagree", which is what I hear most Republicans saying at their town halls when asked if they have anything better to replace Obamacare. It's a cop-out and used by people who have lost the argument and are looking for an easy escape route.

    The core contradiction at the heart of the GOP campaign to sabotage Obamacare

    Reuters reports today that conservative groups are taking their campaign to undermine the law to ever new heights. As the Tea Party group FreedomWorks puts it: “We’re trying to make it socially acceptable to skip the exchange.”

    The game plan — which will include ads and social media — is to target the “young healthies” who are needed in the insurance pools in order to make the exchanges work. The goal isn’t just to getting to oppose the Affordable Care Act; it’s far too late for that. Rather, the goal is to use “town hall meetings, protests and media promotions to dissuade uninsured Americans from obtaining health coverage.”
    What is going on now to sabotage Obamacare is not treasonous—just sharply beneath any reasonable standards of elected officials with the fiduciary responsibility of governing…

    To do everything possible to undercut and destroy its implementation — which in this case means finding ways to deny coverage to many who lack any health insurance; to keep millions who might be able to get better and cheaper coverage in the dark about their new options; to create disruption for the health providers who are trying to implement the law, including insurers, hospitals, and physicians; to threaten the even greater disruption via a government shutdown or breach of the debt limit in order to blackmail the president into abandoning the law; and to hope to benefit politically from all the resulting turmoil—is simply unacceptable, even contemptible. One might expect this kind of behavior from a few grenade-throwing firebrands. That the effort is spearheaded by the Republican leaders of the House and Senate — even if Speaker John Boehner is motivated by fear of his caucus, and McConnell and Cornyn by fear of Kentucky and Texas Republican activists — takes one’s breath away.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...age-obamacare/

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    58
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    The Republican Temper Tantrum Against Obamacare Continues

    I've never expected conservatives to like Obamacare. I didn't expect them to vote for it. I didn't expect them to support it. I didn't expect them to refrain from campaigning against it.

    But the virulence and durability of their fight against has surprised me. I figured that once it was passed by Congress; signed by the president; upheld by the Supreme Court; and then made permanent by the president's reelection; they'd at least resign themselves to it. They still wouldn't like it, but they'd understand that they'd lost this round.

    Maybe that was naive from the start. Certainly we all should have had a clue when ABC News asked about repealing Obamacare and John Boehner immediately had to walk back his answer that "the election changes that" and "Obamacare is the law of the land." The base was having none of it.

    Still, the absolute fury that it continues to generate even now, three years after passage, is remarkable. It's not just the Republican governors who have refused to accept local control of the exchanges—normally a conservative platitude—for fear that it might imply a proper lack of hostility. It's not just the Republican legislatures that have refused to expand Medicaid even though it's virtually free. It's not just the refusal to allow small tweaks that even their own supporters have begged them to pass. And it's not even the remarkable hold that Obamacare as a harbinger of doom for the American way of life continues to exert on Fox News and talk radio.

    It goes beyond that. The fury is so deep that an expansion of healthcare to the poor and working classes has become a part of the culture wars every bit as bitter and divisive as guns, gays, and abortion. Jon Cohn revs himself up to write about this today:

    As you have read in a few places, perhaps even here, the federal government is starting a public education campaign about Obamacare—not to promote the law, mind you, but simply to inform the public about the new insurance options that will be available once the law takes full effect. In 2005, the Bush Administration ran a similar campaign to let seniors know about the Medicare drug benefit. A year later, Massachusetts officials launched their own effort to educate residents about insurance options that the state’s new health law was making available. In that campaign, Massachusetts authorities famously enlisted the Boston Red Sox as partners.

    Sounds innocuous, right? Not to the Republicans. Last week, as word spread that the Obama Administration had approached professional sports leagues about forging a similar partnership, GOP leaders warned the leagues to stay away. “It is difficult for us to remember another occasion when [a] major sports league took public sides in such a highly polarized public debate,” Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn, the highest ranking Republicans in the Senate, wrote in a letter on Friday. Among other things, they noted, Democrats had used “legislative gimmicks” to enact the law—an apparent reference to the Democrats’ use of budget reconciliation process in order to overcome a Republican filibuster in the Senate.

    Cohn compares this to the passage of the Medicare prescription bill. But I think that actually lets Republicans off too easily. Sure, Democrats had reason to dislike the bill and dislike how it was passed, but let's face it: it was basically an expansion of Medicare. That's not something Democrats are likely to stay mad about.

    So what's a better comparison? Maybe welfare reform. Plenty of Democrats hated it. Plenty of Democrats still do. It goes to the heart of the liberal worldview, in the same way that Obamacare goes to the heart of the conservative worldview. But after fighting and losing, Democrats on the left didn't try to sabotage it. Democratic governors didn't refuse to implement it. Nobody introduced 40 separate bills to repeal it. That doesn't mean everything was sweetness and honey, or that nobody kept up the fight. But generally speaking, it was obvious that after years of contention, it was the law of the land. Within the mainstream ranks of the Democratic Party, the goal was mainly to figure out how best to implement it, not how best to sabotage it.

    But not Obamacare. Conservatives remain so spittle-flecked angry about it that they can't even abide the thought of a sports league helping to run a public education campaign that reduces confusion about who's entitled to what. Even now, they desperately want it to fail. And they're going to do everything they can to help it fail, even if that means screwing over their own constituents. It's a temper tantrum possibly unequalled in American political history.

    And it's revolting.

    http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...care-continues

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    right behind u! (made u look!)
    Posts
    980
    Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprica View Post
    I'm not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination so please stop labeling people and calling everyone nasty names like you did earlier in the thread. Back on topic, I'm pro 2nd amendment, pro-life and strong supporter of Romney's healthcare plan that covers everyone in the state of Massachusetts and similar to Obamacare. If you didn't want to argue then you shouldn't have posted again. You refer everyone to your last post to end the debate by essentially implying that tired old cliche' "we're going to have to agree to disagree", which is what I hear most Republicans saying at their town halls when asked if they have anything better to replace Obamacare. It's a cop-out and used by people who have lost the argument and are looking for an easy escape route.

    The core contradiction at the heart of the GOP campaign to sabotage Obamacare

    Reuters reports today that conservative groups are taking their campaign to undermine the law to ever new heights. As the Tea Party group FreedomWorks puts it: “We’re trying to make it socially acceptable to skip the exchange.”

    The game plan — which will include ads and social media — is to target the “young healthies” who are needed in the insurance pools in order to make the exchanges work. The goal isn’t just to getting to oppose the Affordable Care Act; it’s far too late for that. Rather, the goal is to use “town hall meetings, protests and media promotions to dissuade uninsured Americans from obtaining health coverage.”
    What is going on now to sabotage Obamacare is not treasonous—just sharply beneath any reasonable standards of elected officials with the fiduciary responsibility of governing…

    To do everything possible to undercut and destroy its implementation — which in this case means finding ways to deny coverage to many who lack any health insurance; to keep millions who might be able to get better and cheaper coverage in the dark about their new options; to create disruption for the health providers who are trying to implement the law, including insurers, hospitals, and physicians; to threaten the even greater disruption via a government shutdown or breach of the debt limit in order to blackmail the president into abandoning the law; and to hope to benefit politically from all the resulting turmoil—is simply unacceptable, even contemptible. One might expect this kind of behavior from a few grenade-throwing firebrands. That the effort is spearheaded by the Republican leaders of the House and Senate — even if Speaker John Boehner is motivated by fear of his caucus, and McConnell and Cornyn by fear of Kentucky and Texas Republican activists — takes one’s breath away.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...age-obamacare/
    Please follow your own advice and stop labeling anyone who disagrees with Obamacare or the POTUS as a republican. Many of my beliefs may be shared by some with and R by their name but I refuse to be identified as a Republican as I wont simply vote for or against someone just because of the political party they are identified with. I would vote for the person I felt most mirrored my viewpoints whether they were a republican or a democrat. Can you honestly say the same? Just because I may share the beliefs of someone who identifies as a republican does not mean I agree with every republican everywhere, nor does it make me responsible to answer for them all or their past actions. I do not ask you to answer for democrats everywhere so do me the same courtesy. My original question remains however, has your opinion changed of the ACA after seeing the challenges of actually implementing it and the mass confusion it seems to be causing about how to achieve the goals the POTUS stated when trying to sell it to the public? Personally, I'm all for fixing healthcare as the system was definitely broken in some ways but just because this is the law of the land now doesn't mean I will simply just roll over and quit fighting to change it. If they aren't able to implement it in a reasonable way and it doesn't fix the problems that exist then why wouldn't we all want to replace it with something else? I'd like to see them pass a law allowing people to buy insurance across state lines. If you're against this then please explain why, if it sounds like a good idea to you then let your politicians know and hold them accountable if they don't act on it. I believe both sides have gotten their pockets lined by insurance companies just to keep them from passing something like that so they should be punished for that. The only ones who would lose from that kind of law would be the insurance companies who would immediately have to compete with much larger numbers of companies. I'd also like to see more straightforward pricing from doctors and hospitals. Why should I have to wait for 3 months and add up the several bills I receive for one procedure to find out what it cost me? If I need an xray on my knee why do I get a bill from the hospital, one from the xray tech and then one from the doctor who looks at it and then another one from the hospital for administrator costs? If you buy a gallon of milk at walmart you see the price up front and can decide if you should go across the street to target or whether you are ok with paying that price. You don't buy the gallon of milk, go home and drink it and then get a bill from the dairy farmer, the truck driver, the stocker who put it on the shelf, the cashier who rang it up and then a bill from walmarts corporate office for having to keep track of all that paperwork. Why can't they pass a simple law demanding this? Cuz they are all in the pockets of special interests and have no common sense and no intention of actually solving the problems with real solutions cuz they have enough people who will rabidly support them simply because of the letter beside their name and would never vote for the other side cuz they have them convinced they are clearly evil. There are enough voters on both sides brainwashed into allowing them to do their critical thinking for them that they don't actually have to accomplish anything real while in office to get re-elected, just make sure they have you convinced your life is better because of them. If either side really wanted to fix things they would quit campaigning and host more town hall style debates so the people could put the questions to both sides and let their arguments speak for themselves rather than spending hundreds of millions of dollars on attack ads that only tell half truths and always skew the facts to make their opponents seem like bad people even when they aren't. But as long as there are people who will simply attack others and ridicule them based on what they percieve as a political belief then the status quo will remain and this country will sink further and further down the drain.

    Sent from my XT862 using HowardForums
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    right behind u! (made u look!)
    Posts
    980
    Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprica View Post
    You are indeed a right-wing nut job. You should go spread your hate somewhere else. Hofo is not the place for it.
    Thanks for not labeling people btw

    Sent from my XT862 using HowardForums

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think we should be allowed to read everything before hand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 03:49 AM
  2. Questions about Obamacare.......
    By Bob859 in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 06:43 PM
  3. Another Ruling: ObamaCare Unconstitutional
    By 0siris in forum Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 10:11 AM

Bookmarks