Thread: 3G only smartphones on PagePlus?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

3G only smartphones on PagePlus?

Thats what I was just told via rep on chat. Encouraged me to use one of the 3 smartphones on their site... He said 4g phones were't compatible.

Seems like there are plenty of 4g phones being used on PP, is there a master list of what phones are working well after activating?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpeas View Post
    Thats what I was just told via rep on chat. Encouraged me to use one of the 3 smartphones on their site... He said 4g phones were't compatible.

Seems like there are plenty of 4g phones being used on PP, is there a master list of what phones are working well after activating?

Thanks!
    There is no master list of 4G phones that can be made to work on PPC. If you see one that you like, just use Google to search to see if people have been able to get it working on PPC.

Alternatively, you could check to see what 4G phones are listed as flashable on flashing services websites. One would be http://cyberflashing.com/index.php?cID=133 , but I don't know if that listing is complete or if other services might be able to flash more or different phones.

Feedback Score
    I love my friends at cyberflashing, but to better give you an idea of what 4g phones can go to PPC you can check on wirelessworkshop's support page. Many more models supported by Wireless Workshop.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I guess I'm a little unclear on flashing. Does that give better compatibility with regards to data that the reps say aren't guarenteed to work (unless you use their phones)?

Feedback Score
    take a look at the supported models on the wireless workshop site, those phones can be flashed to page plus

Carrier(s)
    Selectell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Or if you able to follow instructions like i did.....they have detailed easy list of steps to flash Motorola phones here http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...NG-on-PagePlus

I can say im happy with my droid razr that cost zero to flash....the page plus girl tried to tell me it wouldn't work...I said "Don't worry..I already flashed it myself!"

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    what should be noted is that those successfully getting their 4G phones onto PPC are only getting 3G internet speeds.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpeas View Post
    I guess I'm a little unclear on flashing. Does that give better compatibility with regards to data that the reps say aren't guarenteed to work (unless you use their phones)?
    Page Plus (themselves) can only support a limited number of phones -- those that they sell. That doesn't mean you can't use any Verizon phone (3G or feature phone), not sold for Verizon's own PAYGO service. Any CDMA 4G phone (Verizon or Sprint or Cricket or ?) has to be flashed to work on Page Plus. But, even when you do that, you'll only get 3G speed because that's all Verizon let's Page Plus sell.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    Page Plus (themselves) can only support a limited number of phones -- those that they sell. That doesn't mean you can't use any Verizon phone (3G or feature phone), not sold for Verizon's own PAYGO service. Any CDMA 4G phone (Verizon or Sprint or Cricket or ?) has to be flashed to work on Page Plus. But, even when you do that, you'll only get 3G speed because that's all Verizon let's Page Plus sell.
    Does using something like Wireless Workshop require a "donor" phone? Or does it just modify stuff? I've been looking for how to flash a Sprint SGS3 for PPC and all I've found is people willing to do it for me. Kind of annoying.

3G-only is OK; Verizon's coverage is so superior to everyone else around me I can deal with 3mbit max.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Wireless Workshop does not require you to use a donor phone ever. We do get Real 3G data speeds on every Page Plus flash. We are flashing a 100's phones a day with Real 3G now.. check it out.

Device(s)
    blackberry tour
    Carrier(s)
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    can someone come up with a way to flash a blackberry q10 to page plus? i dont give a crap if i only have 3g i just wanna be able to use it. this is starting to get real annoying im sick of my bb tour that ive been using for 5 years!.