Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68

Thread: Are you satisfied with Wind?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    549
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Voice yes. I rarely have any trouble making and receiving calls unlike when I was with Mobilicity.

    Data... It works at off peak times only. This motivates me to switch away from wind but we will see. I will hang in long enough to see where the Verizon thing is going.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    139
    Device(s)
    Samsung S8, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Overall? No.
    First, bought a "lightly loved" device that took a dump in under 2 weeks and they refused to take ANY responsibility for selling faulty product (ended up buying another device, another $300 gone). They offered a measly "$20 Goodwill Credit".
    Any time it rains (not even meaning the flood rains we had recently) I go from full signal to dead. Dropped calls galore, missed calls galore. Data speed is slow but acceptable enough of the time to tolerate it. Failed SMS messages. I primarily use WIND just for audio streaming and data intensive applications and stick to Bell for everything else. If Bell would give me a decent data bucket I would be done with this mickey mouse company.
    I had a longer review about a year ago and not much has changed although the past few times I have called I have spoke to someone onshore which at least means they understand me even if their policies won't allow them to help much.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    764
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Are you satisfied with Wind?
    An unqualified "Yes" - including the price ($ 40/month for a complete package) which is great.

    Would certain improvements be nice?
    Sure! Expanded coverage areas are first on my wish list - all of Southern Ontario would be great. (I'm sure there are other people whose wish list is different from mine . . . .)

    All in all, WIND gives me all I need in mobile communications.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    536
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Satisfied - yes. I still cannot believe that I only pay $40/month for everything. But there is room for improvement... such as lifting the HSDPA restriction and going full HSPA... that way, i can actually do google hangouts (video).

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    228
    Carrier(s)
    .
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsy View Post
    Calls and data reception in the Vancouver area is great.
    I would have to disagree.

    At the moment I am near Hwy 91 (Nordel area), the Toronto equivalent of the Don Valley Parkway (a major commuter route) and am forced to roam on Rogers. Since signing up with Wind nearly two years ago, this gap, despite being reported time and time again on 'Network Builder', still exists.

    Unless Wind is bought out and their performance improves, at the end of my contract ( er...'Tab'? ), I will be gone.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    87
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus i9250
    Carrier(s)
    Wind/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am in Markham and the reception is good for me. Their service plan of $30 suits me. The only down side is the upload speed is very slow, but I don't really upload a lot of videos.

    I am very satisfied with Wind. When I was with Rogers on their 6GB plan, I found their 3G data also bogged down so the congestion is not isolated to just Wind.



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,189
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think I need to add my severe dissatisfaction with Wind customer service to this review thread. I ported in during the Mobilicity promotion. Since I am past 30 days of service, I should be getting my free month credit. As luck would have it, I didn't get it. I got a text today noting that I have a full payment due for the second month of service. I called in and explained my issue. The person who answered the call went over my account and confirmed that I should have received the credit and she would open up a ticket to have the back office give me the credit. Within the hour, a freaking A$$ calls me and tells me that I did not get the credit because I was not eligible. The reason was I did something to my preauthorized payment setup about half hour earlier. I suggested that perhaps the person I spoke to earlier may have touched something while checking my account and so it looked like changes were made. He was adamant that I changed the preauthorized payment and as such, I don't qualify. I asked to speak to his boss and he said since that would change nothing, he would not comply with request. After dishing out a few choice words to that moron, I hung up on him and called back to initiate a new ticket. I explained my situation and this time, the person I spoke to said that they would ensure the back office would get me the credit and not give me grief. A bit later, I got a text saying that all is fixed. Of course I will believe it when I check my account in tomorrow.

    Where does Wind hire these morons that are intent on destroying the company? Too bad they don't have the equivalent of an office of the president contact like Rogers does. If they did, I would definitely see to it that this moron gets fired with cause.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,679
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Where does Wind hire these morons that are intent on destroying the company? Too bad they don't have the equivalent of an office of the president contact like Rogers does. If they did, I would definitely see to it that this moron gets fired with cause.
    They do, but it won't matter anyway. You probably talked to someone in Egypt and they know that they are untouchable.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    I think I need to add my severe dissatisfaction with Wind customer service to this review thread. I ported in during the Mobilicity promotion. Since I am past 30 days of service, I should be getting my free month credit. As luck would have it, I didn't get it. I got a text today noting that I have a full payment due for the second month of service. I called in and explained my issue. The person who answered the call went over my account and confirmed that I should have received the credit and she would open up a ticket to have the back office give me the credit. Within the hour, a freaking A$$ calls me and tells me that I did not get the credit because I was not eligible. The reason was I did something to my preauthorized payment setup about half hour earlier. I suggested that perhaps the person I spoke to earlier may have touched something while checking my account and so it looked like changes were made. He was adamant that I changed the preauthorized payment and as such, I don't qualify. I asked to speak to his boss and he said since that would change nothing, he would not comply with request. After dishing out a few choice words to that moron, I hung up on him and called back to initiate a new ticket. I explained my situation and this time, the person I spoke to said that they would ensure the back office would get me the credit and not give me grief. A bit later, I got a text saying that all is fixed. Of course I will believe it when I check my account in tomorrow.

    Where does Wind hire these morons that are intent on destroying the company? Too bad they don't have the equivalent of an office of the president contact like Rogers does. If they did, I would definitely see to it that this moron gets fired with cause.
    They have one, YMMV. [email protected] Not that I have any desire to see anyone fired, but thats piss poor customer service.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,625
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm happy with Wind. I don't need my phone 24hrs, so the effects of limited reception is OK, as the cities I go too are well covered.
    Data speed is lacking, which I do agree...


    Rooted and running Paranoid Android + franco.kernel
    $48
    Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
    Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
    5 GB of Data, Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Circle Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Call

    Gold Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB + 128GB SD Card

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    163
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was happier with Chatr. But I have 1.5 yr left for my wind tab and hmp. I'm on wifi quite often ...so I don't really need data

    Sent with the HoFo App

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,189
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks90 View Post
    They have one, YMMV. [email protected] Not that I have any desire to see anyone fired, but thats piss poor customer service.
    I will keep this in my back pocket for next time. Employee 31607 can keep his job for now. I don't look at it as a desire to see anyone being fired. In the bigger picture, it is to ensure that I and others get good service and to ensure those who genuinely work hard to for the betterment of Wind remain employed.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Keep in mind guys when looking at your monthly billl to also factor in the price of your phone and add that to your total monthly cost. Savings aren't that great I think.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    228
    Carrier(s)
    .
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAAAAA7 View Post
    Keep in mind guys when looking at your monthly billl to also factor in the price of your phone and add that to your total monthly cost. Savings aren't that great I think.
    I agree, since the phones as supplied by Wind are generally over priced, at least it was in my case. Also, their tab system (contract?), at risk of financial penalty, encourages one to stick with Wind until the bitter end.

    I knew all of this going in, of course, but was willing to put up with it for the promised increased levels of coverage by the Corporate Wind store in my area. This coverage improvement has not occurred and, in fact, appears to have been getting worse over time for whatever reasons. Network congestion?

    Hoping to see improvements from a new owner of Wind.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    GTA/Hamilton
    Posts
    996
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm "okay" with WIND. Their coverage is "okay" for me, since I have good reception in most places I go to, but pretty bad at my house. Their data is usually unusable for me, but I don't need it much anyway. Though, it'd be nice to use once in a while. I've rarely ever had a problem with their voice when I had at least 1 bar or greater, though it seemed to have disconnected on purpose once the call reached X amount of minutes. Texts for the most part are okay, but sometimes it feels as if the texts I'm receiving are delayed, and sometimes my messages are apparently sent but really aren't. I know they aren't since I sat beside a friend, and texted her, and she never got it then. She actually got it 4 hours later, so there is obvious delays with sending as well. I've only occured the odd miss call notification without receiving an actual call on a few occasions. I wish for their voicemail system it wouldn't go through the entire spiel each time and waste an additional 15 seconds or so of your time listening to the date and phone number calling you. A PIN for VM access would be nice, and a few other things. I pay approximately $45.20/month, and for what it's worth, I'm content. If I had the option to leave assuming my TAB would be cleared, then yes I would leave immediately. Unfortunately, since this is not the case, I am stuck with WIND until August 2014.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. are you satisfied with your 6230?
    By problematic in forum Nokia
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 01:10 PM
  2. Are you satisfied with the 8900?
    By dtittus in forum UT Starcom / Audiovox
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 02:53 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2002, 12:13 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2002, 10:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks