Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: Is It Worth Re-upping?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    141
    Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BodomSlayer View Post
    I'm pretty sure south Elgin was part of them trading their souls for pogs.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    Yup. Indeed it was.

    Seems that anything west of Hampshire/Marengo was ok. I thought the DeKalb store was going to be gone too but I was told by a rep that anything from McHenry and Kane counties east was gone. Not much good going on here in Rockford but I get to keep USCC so that's a plus. Belvidere was apparently unaffected as well.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,291
    Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellebender View Post
    DigiPilot...It's apparent that you have either been misinformed, or are not a customer of U.S. Cellular.
    No Digipilot is pretty much spot on. Look at the stock. TDS 50% profit loss , Us cellular 30% profit loss in Junes report.
    We get any phone that samsung launches world wide but for them to go out and select a great phone like the lumina or moto phones is unheard of.
    4g signal is horrible, turn off your wi fi for a month and see how much you love your phone. I would have a dumbphone if it wasnt for free wi fi, but then i ask myself what am i paying for..
    Several times over the years us cellular has given a better price to new customers vs existing to draw new people in.
    Go on a trip and try to use your data on roaming. Its 1x and stops working after a day or so. remember you promised above to turn your wi fi off so no cheating by using the hotels free wi fi.
    +1 for digi for being spot on
    hardees rules.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    356
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellman2424 View Post
    No Digipilot is pretty much spot on. Look at the stock. TDS 50% profit loss , Us cellular 30% profit loss in Junes report.
    We get any phone that samsung launches world wide but for them to go out and select a great phone like the lumina or moto phones is unheard of.
    4g signal is horrible, turn off your wi fi for a month and see how much you love your phone. I would have a dumbphone if it wasnt for free wi fi, but then i ask myself what am i paying for..
    Several times over the years us cellular has given a better price to new customers vs existing to draw new people in.
    Go on a trip and try to use your data on roaming. Its 1x and stops working after a day or so. remember you promised above to turn your wi fi off so no cheating by using the hotels free wi fi.
    +1 for digi for being spot on
    Data roaming is atrocious. Its the main reason I left USCC. That and the fact I had a feeling they wouldn't be around long. Six months after my departure the sprint sale was announced lol.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,291
    Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    0
    the day verizon does the same at t mobile with " if buy a full priced phone your bill is less" i am gone. The little i use my phone it is not worth paying more a month. Plus i live off of wi FI . At one stage i just carried an electrify in one pocket and a quantico in the other. the electrify was wi fi only and not hooked up. Wasnt a bad idea, might even go back to that since i can count on two hands places that 4g dont work inside of that i go to weekly.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,159
    Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    AT&T has quietly rolled out that you can use any phone on their pre-paid apparently, not just old ones or whatever.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    S.E. OK
    Posts
    84
    Device(s)
    Moto M
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular who else?
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't have a choice of carriers! It's US Cellular or a string and a can! I live in a backwoods area of southeastern Oklahoma and have a US Cellular tower about 1/4 of a mile from me, there are others all along the way from come here to sickem, but no other carriers towers in a 25 mile radius. So I hope they can hang on until someone else decides to tower up. Have had 4g for about a year now but my cousin in Edmond, Ok is still stuck with 3G. Sheesh go figure.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I've read DigiPilot's post over and over and I agree with most of it.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    186
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I agree with you on that BigE. My sources (can't id as it could affect work) are concerned as well that the end may be near for US Cell. They guess if the new CEO can't right the ship within 6-8 months, they might just close up shop. Hope it's not true, I don't travel much and get good to great 4g in the areas I do. Was in KC area recently and was disappointed in the lack of coverage there (thank goodness for wifi and shutting off data) so expanding their footprint in the Midwest would be better vs. selling off like it seems they are doing.
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,291
    Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPilot View Post
    Established customers not getting the same subsidy prices on upgrades.
    I didnt realize that new customers get the S4 for a 100 less.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    155
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have also started to question how long they will be around. Having been with vzw for 9 years and being on USCCs towers never saw a one service interruption. I switch to USCC and service is out the next morning. This type of thing has been off and on ever since. This whole billing system debacle is about to become the straw that breaks the camels back for many. As mentioned, the value factor is evaporating before our eyes. They had better do a 180 soon or I imagine they will be gone. I just want out of my contract if so and I will go to AT&T.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,291
    Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dsquare86 View Post
    I have also started to question how long they will be around. Having been with vzw for 9 years and being on USCCs towers never saw a one service interruption. I switch to USCC and service is out the next morning. This type of thing has been off and on ever since. This whole billing system debacle is about to become the straw that breaks the camels back for many. As mentioned, the value factor is evaporating before our eyes. They had better do a 180 soon or I imagine they will be gone. I just want out of my contract if so and I will go to AT&T.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    Yes the value things are vanishing one by one. Yes there are still points but didnt plan prices go up and didnt things like early upgrades vanish so that you now need points to do the same thing you got for free two years ago? It has been too long for me to remember what was what and what is no more... someone should start a list . Like i remember " battery swap" 30 day swaps ect.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,159
    Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    That battery swap was sure scam-y even when they had it. Would phase phones out, act like you were some kind of criminal, etc.

    Ugh, I like supporting the little guy but...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    452
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellman2424 View Post
    I didnt realize that new customers get the S4 for a 100 less.
    Existing customers can also get a $100 rebate if they trade in a working android phone within 15 days of upgrading.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    186
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefan58 View Post
    Existing customers can also get a $100 rebate if they trade in a working android phone within 15 days of upgrading.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    Sent in 2 over a month ago, according to their website "payment pending" for 2 weeks yet no check. This is yet but another scam they are running. Bet I need to call in and complain to get the money. I am sick and tired of USCell. Batter swap was just as bad, most of the time they were giving out batteries that were used to replace the worn out ones, unless you requested a new battery and watched them take it out of the bag.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,694
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular & VZW
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefan58 View Post
    Existing customers can also get a $100 rebate if they trade in a working android phone within 15 days of upgrading.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    Any working Android phone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How much is my 8890 worth?
    By tolwyn in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2002, 11:51 PM
  2. Coverage in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Austin
    By b-real in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2001, 08:18 PM
  3. How much is an 8260 worth used?
    By JohnnyK in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2001, 02:49 AM
  4. worth of 6190?
    By sourdaisy in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2001, 12:07 PM
  5. Is The nokia 3390 worth getting?
    By Fireboy2001 in forum Nokia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2001, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks