Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is It Worth Re-upping?

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score

Is It Worth Re-upping?

Its been a while since i've been on Howard Forums, so I didn't realize that the rumors came to fuition. From what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong, USCC will be no more very soon.
    I'm up for renewal in August and I'm wondering if I shouldn't do it. I would love to give the S4 a shot but I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait.
    We have four lines and three were just renewed a few months ago. Mine is due like I said, in August. So what are your opinions? Should I just stick with my current phone and wait til we're forced out? Or renew?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoddaProbBob View Post
    Its been a while since i've been on Howard Forums, so I didn't realize that the rumors came to fuition. From what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong, USCC will be no more very soon.
    I'm up for renewal in August and I'm wondering if I shouldn't do it. I would love to give the S4 a shot but I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait.
    We have four lines and three were just renewed a few months ago. Mine is due like I said, in August. So what are your opinions? Should I just stick with my current phone and wait til we're forced out? Or renew?
    Depends on who you ask. Yes they've sold some of their existing markets to Sprint, but I personally do not believe they're going to be bought out, at least not anytime soon.

They're also bring back two-year contracts on July 19th after realizing that the Belief Project/Rewards Program with "one-and-done" contracts isn't as lucrative as they (read Mary Dillion) thought it'd be.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input!
    Do you happen to know if there's an existing list going of sold markets? I'm in the Rockford area.
    I didn't know that they were eliminating the Belief Plans either. Interesting.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Never mind, I found the map showing the effected areas. The cut off is south of us and about half way between Rockford and the first major suburb from here. I'm in the clear.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    you better do it before the 19th....
    hardees rules.

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Why before the 19the cellman?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Contract coming back.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Jerry

Join uscc April 17 2004. Samsung Galaxy Note II , Galaxy Note 4 , Galaxy S 5

Verizon on 7/2011 Droid Razr Maxx , Droid 4 , Samsung Galaxy Note III

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Which means I'd have to sign a contract to actually get an iPhone with them (if they ever actually get it), even though I've been with them since '99. *sigh*

No idea how they think contracts are going to get people back.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    Which means I'd have to sign a contract to actually get an iPhone with them (if they ever actually get it), even though I've been with them since '99. *sigh*

No idea how they think contracts are going to get people back.
    They don't. They've been bleeding customers since the Reward system took effect. They're doing this to stop people from upgrading their devices and then leaving the next day, selling the phone for a huge profit and basically financing the move to another carrier.

I've always thought that one-and-done contracts was a major flop on Mary Dillion's part. If you're a truly loyal customer, you should have no issues with signing a contract. (Not saying you personally, just in general)

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I read on the TeamUSCellular forum that all the money they got for selling off markets is being paid as dividends to stockholders and not going back into the company for improvements or even operations. Sadly, I have serious doubts about the future with USCC. The phone lineup has always been mostly severely limited (occasionally a great premium phone available, but few and far between), the data service with smartphones is horrible and always has been for me. The 4G LTE speeds here are a complete joke. Established customers not getting the same subsidy prices on upgrades, being forced to give up your old data plans when upgrading to a new subsidized phone and ridiculous full retail prices on handsets, not having any useful (or any at all in many places) national data roaming... all for what costs now nearly the same monthly plan rates as the real national carriers these days.... it just doesn't add up to value for the customer anymore. And of course there's always been the "we call it a national plan, but you can't really use it much outside the home areas or we'll kick you out" deal, which ain't "national" at all.

Long gone are the days when everyone had the ubiquitous Moto RAZR and voice and texting was all that anyone needed, and USCC had plans, deals and customer service that truly shined.

Those glory days are history.

If I'm going to be forced to pay Verizon-like prices for a premium smartphone and data plan, then I should be getting the full benefit of a truly national carrier's network and full data speeds too.
    "I'm not a control freak, I'm a control enthusiast"

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm still waiting on the iPhone since I'd rather give my money to USCC than Verizon (I assume USCC is less evil lol), and actually I do trust their network more. So far USCC's never let me down when it comes to the network.

The fact that they're not plowing these (huge) sales into their network though has me worried too :-/

This isn't just USCC, but I think it's funny when the American carriers set up this horrible contract/theoretically subsidized prices system, and then turn around and complain about all the money it's costing them. It's like it wasn't OUR idea to begin with...

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    the iphone will either make or bankrupt us cellular
    Depends if they start with the newest one or some old model .

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the great conversation! I eventually ended up switching to the s4 which I love so far! However, I've had it for exactly a week now and it has rebooted on me twice. Should I be worried about that?
    It was quite odd by the way to see the USCC stores closed. I work in Kane county (Illinois). I was running early for work so I decided to go to the South Elgin store to play with some of the phones. To my dismay it was closed and so were the other ones near it. Kind of an eerie feeling!

Feedback Score
    DigiPilot...It's apparent that you have either been misinformed, or are not a customer of U.S. Cellular.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure south Elgin was part of them trading their souls for pogs.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast