Thread: Autopay Fail

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Autopay Fail

Got my statement in the mail today saying my account is past due.

I am on autopay.

Got the confirmation emails from USCC back in the middle of June saying that my autopayment had been successfully scheduled and a separate email that it had been successfully processed... like normal.

Heard nothing else from them until today.

Checked my online credit card statement, no sign of a USCC transaction for the entire month of June.

My CC is working fine, lots of headroom, no issues there. I called the CC bank and ask if there have been any declined transactions from US Cellular and they report there were no transactions at all even attempted from US Cellular during the month of June, nothing has been declined. Last transaction from USCC was in the middle of May for the usual payment.

I'm trying to log onto my account at the USCC website but the webpage is not loading, the browser progress bar goes about halfway across and it just waits and waits and waits..........

I've been hearing about numerous autopay failures from USCC in the past few weeks. Is the company really going down the tubes this fast?
    "I'm not a control freak, I'm a control enthusiast"

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The USCC account login page finally responded to my login after about 5 minutes with an "Oops Page Not Found! Unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again Later"

Now it's saying that my username/password is invalid. So, I went thru the process to change my password. Even got the SMS text message on my phone that the password was successfully changed. No go.... the webpage says it will lock me out if I enter any more invalid passwords.

Ugh... I'm on my way to the Verizon store to do some shopping.

Enough is enough.

Well, the website locked me out.... went thru the unlock process and it finally accepted my username and password, but now gives:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well after being on hold forever, and still unable to log into my account, I finally got thru on 611. I was told the new billing system that was put into place last month de-activated my autopay. Half the system thinks autopay is still turned on, but the half that actually process the transactions was set to no autopay.

As soon as the website is back up and will allow logins again, I was instructed to sign onto my account and re-establish auto-pay.

BTW, something very similar happened to me with USCC over a year ago when autopay suddenly stopped working.

Lesson learned: DO NOT SKIP A SINGLE MONTH OF LOGGING INTO YOUR USCC ONLINE ACCOUNT TO VERIFY YOUR DATA.

I skipped one month (vacation, other things ate up too much of my time last moth to babysit all my online accounts) and look what happened.

BTW, I'm still on my way to the Verizon store.... I used to love USCC, but now I'm finding it difficult to trust or rely on them.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you would have been reading on here there's been a blackout for USCC starting yesterday through Monday I believe for them to be able to switch over to the new billing system...I left USCC to go to Verizon and have been regretting it ever since...only reason I left was because I moved for work to where they were no working

Quote Originally Posted by DigiPilot View Post
    Well after being on hold forever, and still unable to log into my account, I finally got thru on 611. I was told the new billing system that was put into place last month de-activated my autopay. Half the system thinks autopay is still turned on, but the half that actually process the transactions was set to no autopay.

As soon as the website is back up and will allow logins again, I was instructed to sign onto my account and re-establish auto-pay.

BTW, something very similar happened to me with USCC over a year ago when autopay suddenly stopped working.

Lesson learned: DO NOT SKIP A SINGLE MONTH OF LOGGING INTO YOUR USCC ONLINE ACCOUNT TO VERIFY YOUR DATA.

I skipped one month (vacation, other things ate up too much of my time last moth to babysit all my online accounts) and look what happened.

BTW, I'm still on my way to the Verizon store.... I used to love USCC, but now I'm finding it difficult to trust or rely on them.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    The scheduled blackout was cancelled....
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I just got back from the VZW and USCC stores looking at the GS4 at both places. Since I'm an existing USCC customer, they won't give me the $99 deal on the GS4, I'd have to pay the $199 price with a new 2 yr contract. I would also lose my existing 5GB data plan and have to drop down to 2GB plan or pay a lot more for the unlimited data plan (unless I buy the phone at full retail and stay month-to-month on my current voice and data plans).

I ran speedtest.net on both phones and only got 5Mbps down / 1Mbps up on the GS4 at the USCC store. The same test got 22Mbps down / 10 Mbps up at the VZW store and I made sure that WiFi was disabled on both phones and both were using LTE data. The two stores are only about 1/4 mile from each other too, and the respective towers are very nearby as well.

With my gov employee discount at VZW (no such thing at USCC) the monthly costs are a wash with the 2GB data plans. For $10/month more I can get 4GB data at VZW, but I typically use maybe 1GB tops on my existing phone (mostly because the data is so slow that using it is mostly an exercise in futility anyway).

Then I played with the iPhone 5 at VZW and was amazed at how well the phone responds to everything you do on it. The GS4 definitely has a bigger and brighter screen though, and I like the fact that it can have an SD memory card and the battery is removable. So now, I think I just have to make up my mind which phone I want... the decision of which wireless carrier to go to is pretty much a done deal. These past 7 years I've been with USCC has mostly been a pretty good ride, but I think the time to move on has come now that they don't offer any material benefit over having a real national carrier's network.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I had the same auto-payment failure a couple weeks ago. I have it set up to pay the bill on the same day it closes, so I get three emails: statement is ready, payment has been scheduled, and payment completed. This time, the last email came in saying payment failed. I tried calling 611 a couple days later but the calls wouldn't complete for some reason, so I called the toll-free number. Rep acknowledged that the auto payment failed, but the reason was unknown. She recommended I check with my bank. I went to my bank and they could not even find where USCC attempted a charge to my account let alone a failed or rejected charge. I did see, on the Team USCellular forum/blog that there was a planned outage of the payment system. I may just go into the local corporate store and pay them in person. Also read that they are planning to do away with the auto-payment discount 5%, so if this switch to the newer system did kick me out of auto-payment, they had better not drop my discount.

Carrier(s)
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    They did not do the black out over the weekend, I was notified by my rep late Wed.
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I went to the store on Saturday, and she told me they cancelled (or postponed) the outage. But she was not able to figure out why my auto pay failed. So I just payed them in person, and will have to keep a close eye on next bill. I had her double check my account to make sure I was still on auto pay, and that I would be keeping the 5% discount. She didn't seem to know about that going away.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    i would hope people are grandfathered in on auto pay.
    hardees rules.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    i just read. If you renew then your discount goes away.