Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Changes coming this month

Feedback Score

Changes coming this month

One and done is over, if you get subsidized equipment you get a contact.
    $35 restocking fee.
    End of auto pay discount.
    They might as well change their name to 'just like all the other big guys' but without the benefits of a true nationwide carrier..
    Everything that set them apart is gone.. For me it's kinda sad.. I was with them for a long time, had enough kool aid to kill a horse, and unfortunately I too was force feeding it to reps for years, all for naught.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 89Batman View Post
    One and done is over, if you get subsidized equipment you get a contact.
    $35 restocking fee.
    End of auto pay discount.
    They might as well change their name to 'just like all the other big guys' but without the benefits of a true nationwide carrier..
    Everything that set them apart is gone.. For me it's kinda sad.. I was with them for a long time, had enough kool aid to kill a horse, and unfortunately I too was force feeding it to reps for years, all for naught.
    Well I guess it will cost them in the long run. I am on the auto pay myself but if they are taking the benefits then I just might stop the auto payment. It sounds like they are grasping at straws on there way down.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Jerry

Join uscc April 17 2004. Samsung Galaxy Note II , Galaxy Note 4 , Galaxy S 5

Verizon on 7/2011 Droid Razr Maxx , Droid 4 , Samsung Galaxy Note III

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't like the possibility of losing the auto pay discount, but I never understood how the one and done contact was ever a good idea for them. What's to stop someone from upgrading at 2 year pricing and then immediately churning? Never made sense to me.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NUDAY8 View Post
    I don't like the possibility of losing the auto pay discount, but I never understood how the one and done contact was ever a good idea for them. What's to stop someone from upgrading at 2 year pricing and then immediately churning? Never made sense to me.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Yeah, You're right.. And last month I did just that, when I left to them to work for a competitor I upgraded to an S4, left it in the box, put it on ebay, and ported out the next day.. I made a quick $230 profit, they lost what $300ish?
    I remember a few years ago when they were gearing up for the Belief plans they were telling us these changes would bring 1,000,000 new subscribers within a year if we were the first ones to market with this "game changing" one and done deal.. It was such a secret they told us not to tell anyone, not even our spouses, with the threat of termination if we did!
    About a week before release a friend of mine was interviewing for a wireless consultant position with us, and still high on Kool-aid I told him "I hope you get in, there are some really big things coming down the pipe in the next few weeks" and he mentioned this while in his interview which led to an investigation!!! There was a special visit to my store by "leaders", I was interrogated for the details of the conversation and told me they would find out if I said anything! I felt like a communist during the cold war era..

Device(s)
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    These were contributing factors when we chose to move our lines to US Cellular about a year ago. If this turns out to be true I don't think even the iphone will keep us (no phone wars please - my wife and I just prefer them). Not to mention the loss of the nearby Chicago market - there will be little reason to stay.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dw77x View Post
    These were contributing factors when we chose to move our lines to US Cellular about a year ago. If this turns out to be true I don't think even the iphone will keep us (no phone wars please - my wife and I just prefer them). Not to mention the loss of the nearby Chicago market - there will be little reason to stay.
    I had heard that the iPhone would require a 2 year agreement and would be exempt from the 1 and done contract due to the high subsidy that it carries.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    As of now, if you currently have autopay w/discount, you will keep that.
    Don't blame it all on the Iphone, Samsung is also to blame with for high subsidies.
    Retail prices for their phones are overpriced. Changes started happening last year at the same time they got the GS3.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    As of now, if you currently have autopay w/discount, you will keep that.
    Don't blame it all on the Iphone, Samsung is also to blame with for high subsidies.
    Retail prices for their phones are overpriced. Changes started happening last year at the same time they got the GS3.
    That's true too. I read an article the other day saying samsung's high end phones carry an even higher subsidy on average than the iPhone

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Samsung phones have the highest subsidies.
    http://news.yahoo.com/samsung-phone-...204049784.html

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

re: autopay

Check your autopay settings on your "My Account" USCC website. They broke mine with the "changes coming this month".
    "I'm not a control freak, I'm a control enthusiast"

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 89Batman View Post
    Yeah, You're right.. And last month I did just that, when I left to them to work for a competitor I upgraded to an S4, left it in the box, put it on ebay, and ported out the next day.. I made a quick $230 profit, they lost what $300ish?
    I remember a few years ago when they were gearing up for the Belief plans they were telling us these changes would bring 1,000,000 new subscribers within a year if we were the first ones to market with this "game changing" one and done deal.. It was such a secret they told us not to tell anyone, not even our spouses, with the threat of termination if we did!
    About a week before release a friend of mine was interviewing for a wireless consultant position with us, and still high on Kool-aid I told him "I hope you get in, there are some really big things coming down the pipe in the next few weeks" and he mentioned this while in his interview which led to an investigation!!! There was a special visit to my store by "leaders", I was interrogated for the details of the conversation and told me they would find out if I said anything! I felt like a communist during the cold war era..
    Wow, that's amazing

I remember a couple years ago thinking USCC DESPERATELY needed new pricing (and of course the iPhone) to compete, and was super excited when I heard about the "amazing" changes coming...and then they turned out to be a rewards program lol

Does anyone LIKE reward programs?

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    this happens on the 19th. I swear i heard there was also a fee of 35 for doing any esn change. So there is no longer a 15 day guarantee since it cost you 35 dollars to change your mind on a penny phone.
    Customer. Gosh i dont like this chrono , the signal is not as good as my moto. I want to bring it back.
    Store, Ok that will be 35 dollars.

The auto pay removal makes no sense to me. It saves a company tons of money by not having CS people to call you to get you to pay. Maybe they miss the late payment fees that they are not getting.

Last night i saw a T mobile commercial saying NO CONTRACTS. I would laugh if verizon was next in line.
    hardees rules.

Feedback Score
    At the rate things are going, I really don't know why a new customer would sign up for US Cellular. The prices are not competitive, the phone selection is not competitive, the 4G network crawls compared to Verizon/At&t, perks like discount with autopay are going away.... Why would anyone switch to them?

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The only thing is the network...which is the biggest thing, but most anyone who doesn't already have USCC isn't going to guess that it's the best...they'd assume it's worse.

The fact they don't own their LTE network (if I'm understanding it right) and aren't using the money from these sales to plow back into their network to me is very disturbing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast