Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Selectel Plans -- a little more focus

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score

Selectel Plans -- a little more focus

A Page Plus dealer that I happened to run into using a Google search (and I have never seen this one before) is now also selling Selectel Wireless plans. And it seems like the price structure is coming into focus. And it looks pretty good. According to the dealer (whom I can't mention because of the rules), there will be seven plans (well six and a "Flex Card" which will also be their Pay As You Go plan, plus your overage plan if you want it). I don't know if it is all set in stone or not, but here's what is currently listed -- all but the Flex Card can be bought now.

Value Plan -- $15 month -- 300 minutes, 300 texts, 15 MB -- free voice and text roaming (thanks for the correction alluringreality). Five cents a minute for overages (Either 1 minute of voice or 1 text message, or of 1MB of data -- all plans are the same on overages).

Talk 'N Text -- $30 month -- 1300 minutes, 3,000 texts, 300MB data (overages same on all plans)

Unlimited Plan -- $40 month -- unlimited, unlimited, 200MB of data (wonder if that will go up now?)

Data User Plan -- $50 month -- unlimited, unlimited, 2GB of data

The $65 Plan -- $65 month -- unlimited, unlimited, 4GB of data

The $75 Yearly Plan -- $75 year -- 2,000 minutes PLUS 1,500 texts (no data included) but you will be able to use the Flex Card for data, apparently.

Flex Card (or Cash Balance) -- $10 -- Overage or Pay As You Go -- same prices as overage above (Not yet available). (They don't know yet if it will last 90 days or 120.)

This dealer is also offering free activations and ports. As of yet, there is no usage tracking, but this dealer will send your usage email if you request it.

If this is how it really shakes down, I sure would like to see a lot of Page Plus dealers jump on board -- just in case AM totally screws up Page Plus it would be nice to have an option.

Note: Since the Flex Card is, apparently, not up and running yet, I imagine that means that, currently, there are no overages available. Unless they temporarily bill overages in some other way.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    free voice and data roaming
    The threads in the General area indicate that voice and text roaming is included, rather than data roaming.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    The threads in the General area indicate that voice and text roaming is included, rather than data roaming.
    You're right. I'll correct it. Thanks.

I should add ... At this point Selectel is my second option (i.e., if AM destroys Page Plus). Page Plus has a proven track record and I'm happy with their service -- so I'm not planning to just up and leave them without a good reason. What I'm worried about is that AM will not want the 12 Plan and will drop it -- Page Plus' $30 and $40 plans come closer to matching what they've already got with Straight Talk and Net10.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Another thing to note is that ESN changes are $5 directly through Selectel according to a phone call to the Selectel office at 877-218-5744, whereas ESN changes are free through PPC.

It appears that Selectel dealers can charge whatever they want, and I've observed $2.99 and $6.99 from two different dealers.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    I didn't realize this had already been brought up -- I only read the Page Plus Forum, I forgot that the rest of Howard's is out there.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Another thing to note is that ESN changes are $5 directly through Selectel according to a phone call to the Selectel office at 877-218-5744, whereas ESN changes are free through PPC.

It appears that Selectel dealers can charge whatever they want, and I've observed $2.99 and $6.99 from two different dealers.
    I guess I'm way behind the curve here. Didn't realize that there were (at least) two other dealers. Selectel Wireless desperately needs a better (and more up to date) web page.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'm considering trying Selectel's Flex Card when it becomes available with the 5/5/5 rates, but no option for free ESN changes might be a deterrent.

PPC just needs to lower their Standard Plan data cost from $0.99/MB to $0.05/MB, and then I won't bother with the move! Yes, PPC will still have a $0.50/mo fee on the Standard Plan, where at this point Selectel doesn't appear to have that, but two free PPC ESN changes per year vs the above mentioned $2.99 Selectel dealer rate would offset that.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    I guess I'm way behind the curve here. Didn't realize that there were (at least) two other dealers. Selectel Wireless desperately needs a better (and more up to date) web page.
    I'm aware of a handful of Selectel dealers, but I've only checked four websites, and I'm not even sure the other dealers have websites at this point. Of the four Selectel dealer websites I've looked at, the best one appears to be the one you found.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    I'm aware of a handful of Selectel dealers, but I've only checked four websites, and I'm not even sure the other dealers have websites at this point. Of the four Selectel dealer websites I've looked at, the best one appears to be the one you found.
    Yeah, I'm thinking maybe Selectel should consider using this website as a starter for their website. At least for the Selectel Plan Page. I've got a feeling these prices are still subject to change when everything shakes down. It would nice if the Flex Plan stayed where it is, but we'll see if they'll charge a monthly fee or not when the time comes.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    I'm considering trying Selectel's Flex Card when it becomes available with the 5/5/5 rates, but no option for free ESN changes might be a deterrent.

PPC just needs to lower their Standard Plan data cost from $0.99/MB to $0.05/MB, and then I won't bother with the move! Yes, PPC will still have a $0.50/mo fee on the Standard Plan, where at this point Selectel doesn't appear to have that, but two free PPC ESN changes per year vs the above mentioned $2.99 Selectel dealer rate would offset that.
    That's true but I'm just happy this dealer is currently offering free activation and ports. This may change also because I notice they charge for Page Plus services. I'm guessing once Selectel gets going they'll probably change their policy on that one also.

Feedback Score
    I also feel Selectel is my 2nd option if PPC gets SLIMED. Just one of my fears is that somehow they'll overpromise limits on Data. Then have arbitrary cutoffs & confiscations of stacked PINs & steal phone numbers.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Good choice, Selectel is getting better by the day. I have been a dealer for a month now and have seen them improve allot......

Give them time they are working out the wrinkles

Viper

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Hi, selectel wireless caught my curiosity. I'm current a pageplus customer. I have no problems with them but wouldn't mind saving 5 bucks on my plan (55 plan on Ppc). Before I even think about switching I have a few questions. Will I be able to use my Verizon iPhone 4S? Will there be time card or have to use credit card? How's there customer service?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett2013 View Post
    Hi, selectel wireless caught my curiosity. I'm current a pageplus customer. I have no problems with them but wouldn't mind saving 5 bucks on my plan (55 plan on Ppc). Before I even think about switching I have a few questions. Will I be able to use my Verizon iPhone 4S? Will there be time card or have to use credit card? How's there customer service?
    Based on posts by Selectel dealers, you will be able to use your 4S. Until there are local dealers to you, I'm guessing you'll need to use a credit card, unless you can find a dealer that accepts PayPal. Hopefully one of the dealers can answer with more certainty than I can.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks boz1, seams like other then being 5 bucks cheaper and allowing free roaming there's no difference?

If any selectel dealers out there see my post pm me I'm interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast