Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: another agent shut down link

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The location in Reedsburg was closed due to performance. Or, lack there of.

Sent with the HoFo App

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Rachel View Post
    Hearing more rumors now. The latest is that most of Oregon and my part of northern CA are being sold to Verizon. Nothing substantial yet, but, I'll update if there's anything solid.
    USCC seems safe here in Northwestern California, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity Counties. Here in Mendocino County a brand new USCC Corporate store (replacing the older one by Raley's) opened last year across the road from Walmart, and now LTE is here from them as well. Eureka got a new corporate store not too long ago as well, also replacing the older, original one, and they have LTE there now too. In fact, in NW CA USCC has corporate stores in Ukiah, Clearlake, Eureka and Crescent City, and several authorized agents, ie.Next Wave Electronics, Redwood Coast Cellular, etc.

I am surprised to see them talking about pulling out of OR and NE CA, is it just Siskiyou County, or are they talking about leaving Modoc, Lassen and Plumas Counties too? Verizon is already in those counties though, so they'd end up with extra spectrum, and end up owning the Cellular A and B Bands there, and yes, they can do that now, Verizon does in SE ID, another former USCC market.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    USCC seems safe here in Northwestern California, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity Counties. Here in Mendocino County a brand new USCC Corporate store (replacing the older one by Raley's) opened last year across the road from Walmart, and now LTE is here from them as well. Eureka got a new corporate store not too long ago as well, also replacing the older, original one, and they have LTE there now too. In fact, in NW CA USCC has corporate stores in Ukiah, Clearlake, Eureka and Crescent City, and several authorized agents, ie.Next Wave Electronics, Redwood Coast Cellular, etc.

I am surprised to see them talking about pulling out of OR and NE CA, is it just Siskiyou County, or are they talking about leaving Modoc, Lassen and Plumas Counties too? Verizon is already in those counties though, so they'd end up with extra spectrum, and end up owning the Cellular A and B Bands there, and yes, they can do that now, Verizon does in SE ID, another former USCC market.
    I have no facts yet, just rumor. I was told it was my area and most of Oregon. Time will tell.

Hope you are having a great Holiday!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Rachel View Post
    I have no facts yet, just rumor. I was told it was my area and most of Oregon. Time will tell.

Hope you are having a great Holiday!

Thanks for reporting and keeping us up to date on this Rachel, hopefully they don't ditch that area! I am having a good one, St.Louis style ribs on the Barbie today, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I hope you are having a great one too!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Thanks for reporting and keeping us up to date on this Rachel, hopefully they don't ditch that area! I am having a good one, St.Louis style ribs on the Barbie today, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I hope you are having a great one too!
    Everyone knows Kansas City style is better
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166 View Post
    Everyone knows Kansas City style is better

Lol No way Jose

Feedback Score
    One of the two USC stores here in Moberly, MO was shut down recently. Can't say it's all that big a deal though. This town didn't really need two stores.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tunghook View Post
    One of the two USC stores here in Moberly, MO was shut down recently. Can't say it's all that big a deal though. This town didn't really need two stores.
    There is a recent post on either here or team us cellular about the recent sale of area in MO. You might have NO stores soon.
    hardees rules.

Feedback Score
    How recent? I fully expect my area to be cut loose, just trying to figure out if I should go ahead and jump ship now or wait and see what develops.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunghook View Post
    How recent? I fully expect my area to be cut loose, just trying to figure out if I should go ahead and jump ship now or wait and see what develops.
    If it were me and I were out of contract, I would be exploring options while I sat tight unless I was really dissatisfied with the current service.

If you're still in contract, it wouldn't be a good idea to leave now and get stuck with the ETF, especially if there is a chance they end up selling to the carrier you were going to switch to in the first place.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    My contract just expired. Checked the USC Facebook page, people are *still* having issues. Makes me real thankful I haven't needed customer service. The iphone better be all that, and their new shared data plans better be priced right. If not they will lose more than me, a lot more imo.
    Even if they do come in with a great price on the plan I'm probably still gone. The wife can't find a phone she likes in their current lineup, and all the places we visit put me on roaming data, which don't like. Yeah, I'd say dissatisfaction is setting in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The only thing "Shared" plans do is "Share" your wallet. It's a pure money grab.

It's disappointing to see USCC going down the tubes. By the time they actually have the iPhone, it may not matter any more.

Feedback Score
    The fee I'm paying USC for service now is identical to what I would be paying AT&T for the same amount of data, plus unlimited minutes, vs 1000 on the USC plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2