Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: another agent shut down link

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score

another agent shut down link

I am sure there are more out there . Most dont even make the paper. I know of one other.
    http://www.heraldandnews.com/breakin...a4bcf887a.html
    hardees rules.

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    http://www.heraldandnews.com/members...9bb2963f4.html
    The longer version with us cellulars reply

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The two stores that we had here at the top of California have closed now also. This may not be good. I'm not able to read the entire article. Apparently you need to subscribe.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Is it really a surprise? With their agreements with walmart it only makes sense to downsize the number of agents. They wouldn't need 200+ walmart s and all the agents they had 2-3 years ago.

Sent with the HoFo App

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here in Mendocino and Lake Counties (RSA 344) in rural Northwestern California we have two USCC corporate stores, one in Ukiah and one in Clearlake, and five agent (New Trend Electronics) stores, one in Ukiah, one in Willits, one in Fort Bragg, one in Middltetown and one in Lakeport. I notice the long time agents, DFM Car Stereo, Pacific Paging and Wireless and the Radio Shack franchise stores in Willits and Fort Bragg (The Ukiah Radio Shack is a corporate store, so they sell Verizon) are no longer shown, hmm, I'll have to check on that. I have noticed that DFM's store in Ukiah only advertises T-Mobile service in their window and ads now, the USCC star and "authorized" agent has been missing for a while, good luck with that, T-Mobile is pretty much all EDGE here, with just a TINY bit of slow 3G in Fort Bragg, while USCC has LTE here now. I'm in Redwood Valley myself, halfway between Ukiah and Willits in Mendocino County.

As far as Walmart, well, there used to be an agent owned (DFM Car Stereo) kiosk in the Ukiah one selling USCC, but it closed about 3 years ago, and now all we have in ours are some pre paid phone and cards in electronics, there is no wireless communication center. That kiosk had been in Walmart since it's opening too, starting out with Contel Cellular, who was absorbed into GTE who itself was later absorbed into Verizon. The Walmart in Clearlake, oddly has a small Communications Center, even though Lake County is smaller and has less population than Mendocino County.

As far as the rest of NorCal, Humboldt County has a corporate store in Eureka, and authorized agents in Eureka, Fortuna, McKinleyville and Garberville, Del Norte County has a store and authorized agent in Crescent City and there are authorized agents (1 in each town) in Weaverville (Trinity County), Alturas (Modoc County) and Susanville (Lassen County). It looks like only Siskiyou (Where Rachel is) and Plumas Counties are without any agents or stores now.

Edit-The USCC corporate store in Ukiah is only about a year old, they built a new store to replace the original one by Raley's Supermarket, I worked at the store by Raley's in Inside Sales in the mid to late 1990's. Speaking of that, the USCC corporate store in Eureka is only 3-4 years old, it also replaced an older store there. So, I'm not sure why they have ditched stores in Siskiyou and Plumas Counties, maybe there just wasn't enough business.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 06-25-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freibrauer View Post
    Is it really a surprise? With their agreements with walmart it only makes sense to downsize the number of agents. They wouldn't need 200+ walmart s and all the agents they had 2-3 years ago.
    That's a very good point, but, here in the rural areas it doesn't help us. I'm sure that the USCC store we had nearby didn't do much business, but, Walmart is an hour away and doesn't sell USCC. I need to travel two hours away in to Oregon for person assistance now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Rachel View Post
    That's a very good point, but, here in the rural areas it doesn't help us. I'm sure that the USCC store we had nearby didn't do much business, but, Walmart is an hour away and doesn't sell USCC. I need to travel two hours away in to Oregon for person assistance now.
    The Weaverville agent I mentioned in my post above is about the same driving time from McCloud, 2 hours.

[h=Trinity PC and Electronics]3[/h]

1313 South Main St
    Weaverville, CA 96093

Driving Directions
    Tel: 530-623-2004

Fax: 530-623-2005

Store Hours:
    M-F 10am-5:30pm
    Sa-Su Closed

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...19!4f1&fid=0i5

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    sounds like they are doing just the opposite of what they said they were going to do when I worked there a few years back...they said then they would never go into Wal-Mart because they liked having the one on one focus that the retail and agent locations gave...sad day imo

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    The Weaverville agent I mentioned in my post above is about the same driving time from McCloud, 2 hours.

[h=Trinity PC and Electronics]3[/h]

1313 South Main St
    Weaverville, CA 96093

Driving Directions
    Tel: 530-623-2004

Fax: 530-623-2005

Store Hours:
    M-F 10am-5:30pm
    Sa-Su Closed

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...19!4f1&fid=0i5

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grusshill View Post
    sounds like they are doing just the opposite of what they said they were going to do when I worked there a few years back...they said then they would never go into Wal-Mart because they liked having the one on one focus that the retail and agent locations gave...sad day imo
    That's definitely not the case here in Ukiah, CA-

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Here in Mendocino and Lake Counties (RSA 344) in rural Northwestern California we have two USCC corporate stores, one in Ukiah and one in Clearlake, and five agent (New Trend Electronics) stores, one in Ukiah, one in Willits, one in Fort Bragg, one in Middltetown and one in Lakeport. I notice the long time agents, DFM Car Stereo, Pacific Paging and Wireless and the Radio Shack franchise stores in Willits and Fort Bragg (The Ukiah Radio Shack is a corporate store, so they sell Verizon) are no longer shown, hmm, I'll have to check on that. I have noticed that DFM's store in Ukiah only advertises T-Mobile service in their window and ads now, the USCC star and "authorized" agent has been missing for a while, good luck with that, T-Mobile is pretty much all EDGE here, with just a TINY bit of slow 3G in Fort Bragg, while USCC has LTE here now. I'm in Redwood Valley myself, halfway between Ukiah and Willits in Mendocino County.

As far as Walmart, well, there used to be an agent owned (DFM Car Stereo) kiosk in the Ukiah one selling USCC, but it closed about 3 years ago, and now all we have in ours are some pre paid phone and cards in electronics, there is no wireless communication center. That kiosk had been in Walmart since it's opening too, starting out with Contel Cellular, who was absorbed into GTE who itself was later absorbed into Verizon. The Walmart in Clearlake, oddly has a small Communications Center, even though Lake County is smaller and has less population than Mendocino County.

As far as the rest of NorCal, Humboldt County has a corporate store in Eureka, and authorized agents in Eureka, Fortuna, McKinleyville and Garberville, Del Norte County has a store and authorized agent in Crescent City and there are authorized agents (1 in each town) in Weaverville (Trinity County), Alturas (Modoc County) and Susanville (Lassen County). It looks like only Siskiyou (Where Rachel is) and Plumas Counties are without any agents or stores now.

Edit-The USCC corporate store in Ukiah is only about a year old, they built a new store to replace the original one by Raley's Supermarket, I worked at the store by Raley's in Inside Sales in the mid to late 1990's. Speaking of that, the USCC corporate store in Eureka is only 3-4 years old, it also replaced an older store there. So, I'm not sure why they have ditched stores in Siskiyou and Plumas Counties, maybe there just wasn't enough business.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5 White
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have an agent near me which shut down a few weeks ago. They were in business for over 17 years. Times are changing for the agents.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoman69 View Post
    I have an agent near me which shut down a few weeks ago. They were in business for over 17 years. Times are changing for the agents.
    Where are you?

Device(s)
    a lot
    Carrier(s)
    none
    Feedback Score
    yes where are you . I want to search google to see if it made the paper. The other one i know of just shut the door and put up a sign. Didnt even tell the employees until the last day.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5 White
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I am near Wisconsin Dells. The agent that shut down was Prestige just ouside of Reedsburg. US Cellular has added another computer terminal in the Radio Shack in Reedsburg to make up for the agency loss.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Our Radio Shack in Ukiah is a Corporate Store, so they sell Verizon and AT&T, though they used to sell USCC before Corporate Radio Shacks started selling nationwide carriers. There are some franchise Radio Shacks up here too, like Willits and Fort Bragg, and they used to sell USCC, but apparently no more. New Trend Electronics seems to be the only authorized USCC agent in Mendocino and Lake Counties now, they have a few stores in both. Then USCC has a Corporate store in both counties, Ukiah in Mendocino and Clearlake in Lake.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Hearing more rumors now. The latest is that most of Oregon and my part of northern CA are being sold to Verizon. Nothing substantial yet, but, I'll update if there's anything solid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast