Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fido Hassement!

Feedback Score

Fido Hassement!

Any M2M folks out there getting non stop calls from Fido. My wife's phone was ringing 3-5 times a day looking to speak to me as the account is on my name. Finally they get a hold of me. Then they do this long pitch how they want to help me, bla, bla, bla.

In the end they are trying to get me to get a new phone.....3 Year contract of course!!! ?Sucker me into a 3 year plan before they are illegal. I tell the agent, "explain to me why I should do this". I have an unlocked iphone m2m with a 12 month discounts going to next March. Why should I sign a 3 year contract today? Will you give me a free or discounted smartphone? Will you give me a better discount......"no, you get a new phone". So I say, let me get this right, I get a new locked phone that you don't have to unlock after 90 days, pay full subsidized price and lock me into a 3 year deal with no discounts." They said yes. I said thank you but I'll keep my plan as is.

How are these guys still in business? How are consumers so stupid to keep signing 3 year contracts. I just don't get it. It clearly says "The code will apply to new contracts for cellphones and other personal mobile devices starting on December 2, 2013." People are thinking that Fido/Rogers will let them off the hook, but for us for folks that got stacked contracts, we know better.

I was so pissed, they called and called and called, to try to screw me over. If the were will to say, ok lets give you a deal now to try and get me on to a 3 year plan I understand make sense, but they are offering nothing.

Fido used to be so good customer retention and it just keeps going down every year.

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Get a three year hard copy contract with Virgin and three weeks into the contract they "suspend your line, delete your voice mails and the line is not in service" then suggest you have to change your plan in contract. (extortion) Virgin doesn't even give you a courtesy call, text email Nothing , Just BAM! Experience that then let us know what Harrassment is.

I think you could negotiate something now with the credits recurring for three years. Everyone is surmising that the two year Commitments are going to be better than 3 year ones. Wait and see or place a safe bet.

BTW Fido and Rogers have the largest number of Subscribers of the Big Three and Bell is in last Place.
    In my experience over years, decade plus Fido has been the easiest, most honest and loyal company to have a long term relationship with. Not saying they're perfect just Better than the rest in my experience.
    Last edited by TelecomZombie; 06-19-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Feedback Score
    I don't see the problem. They tried to sell you something, all you have to do is say no. You can even request to have your account placed on a do not solicit list so that you don't get these phone calls in the future again.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was also contacted by fido. The rep kept telling me to get into a 3 year term with a new phone. I think she was tryna make money of me or something cause I told her no more than 5 times literally. Lol, I told her she wasn't giving me any discount, the discount was I get a new phone with 3 year contract lol!

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had fido for over ten years, and I disagree with the most honest, easiest etc assessment by Telecom Zombie. Bell could be worse, but I don't think fido is, was even good.I had numerous problems with them over the years, never easy, a few times I had no choice but to escalate the cases.

Sent with the HoFo App
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    There is no [h=Hassement]1[/h]Here.

Pick up phone, say no thank you, remove me from your list and hang up. It only becomes harassment if they keep going after you tell them not too.

Feedback Score
    As business, they have the right to offer/sell you something...

As a consumer, you have the right to say YES or NO...

As a Fido subscriber, you can ask to remove your number(s) from their Marketing List...

If you don't act as a consumer, I personally don't see the point of posting here if you want things to improve...

Good luck for the future...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeMazer View Post
    Any M2M folks out there getting non stop calls from Fido. My wife's phone was ringing 3-5 times a day looking to speak to me as the account is on my name. Finally they get a hold of me. Then they do this long pitch how they want to help me...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    "Hopefully" not everyone had similar unfortunate experiences... Telecom Zombie and millions others are the perfect example...

Fortissimo, you know better then me then no cellphone providers can satisfy 100% of his subscriber base...

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    I had fido for over ten years, and I disagree with the most honest, easiest etc assessment by Telecom Zombie. Bell could be worse, but I don't think fido is, was even good.I had numerous problems with them over the years, never easy, a few times I had no choice but to escalate the cases.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b407 View Post
    i don't see the problem. They tried to sell you something, all you have to do is say no. You can even request to have your account placed on a do not solicit list so that you don't get these phone calls in the future again.
    x2

………………

Feedback Score
    Couple of suggestions for you:
    1) learn to speak English
    2) learn to negotiate

In my case they called and I told them there is no phone currently that I am interested in but I will keep their offer in mind. They simply gave me 3 X $25 off my plan just to stay with Fido for the next 6 months.

Then when Galaxy S4 came out I called them and told them that several times I got calls to sign a new contract, now I want to sign a 24 contract and want a Galaxy S4. They gave me $250 off the phone and $5 monthly credit from the smart 56 plan with 2 gb data. Couldn't be happier with the new contract.

Your other option is just to tell them no and ask them to remove your number from their system.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    whats Hassement???

As others have said, you can be taken off their marketing lists, Fido is "still in business" because a lot of people accept these offers and the ones who dont want to be bothered are put on the do not call list. In your case, you have a good plan it sounds like and some good discounts, they probably should of better looked at your account before trying to do so, but that department probably just calls numbers and doesnt look into the account, but you got to realize, a lot of people not in your situation take these offers and as a business Fido can call you as much as they want if there not told not to.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Best option is to contact Fido directly and asking to be taken off the marketing list. There is no point in trusting their outsourced marketing affiliates to do this for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    I don't see the problem. They tried to sell you something, all you have to do is say no. You can even request to have your account placed on a do not solicit list so that you don't get these phone calls in the future again.
    Stop making sense. Neither the time nor the place.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    Stop making sense. Neither the time nor the place.
    Liar!!!!!!
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ehh can't u opt out of getting called and emailed about sales offers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast