Thread: Top Up Card Expiry

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Top Up Card Expiry

It says on the terms that they expire x amount of dates on activation, now is that activation at cash register, ie purchase, or activation when you load it on phone account? I'm currently just sitting on one of these cards, haven't loaded to phone yet, but might as well use if the thing is already counting down to expiry if the thing expires based on date of purchase.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    At purchase, your card is activated. That does have an expiry time in the fine print. I don't have a card here to inspect it, but I recall it being in there somewhere. This is the time of interest for you right now.

This is not the same as the top-up expiry time that's more obviously in print (and posted here: http://www.pctelecom.ca/LCLOnline/pc...structions.jsp). That doesn't start counting down until you apply the top-up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    At purchase, your card is activated. That does have an expiry time in the fine print. I don't have a card here to inspect it, but I recall it being in there somewhere. This is the time of interest for you right now.

This is not the same as the top-up expiry time that's more obviously in print. That doesn't start counting down until you apply the top-up.
    Thanks for the fast reply. There isn't any fine print, other then it stating at the bottom of card "Valid for 365 days after activation" The card I have is the $100, so I am assuming that is the same 365 days in the link you provided. Which is why I am confused.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Activation is what happens when you purchase, so you have a year to apply it as a top-up. Possibly all denominations have this activation limit. It just happens to match the top-up's expiry time.

So, I believe that you could wait up to a year before activating, then have the use of that last top-up for another year after that.

I have kept a top-up card for at least a couple of months before applying it. The expiry time was extended out from the time of top-up, not time of purchase.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was at the store yesterday, and I tried looking up the cards, could only find $25 and $100 values, but the $25 had only a 60 day activation period, just as you would expect to see. So I'm assuming all the cards have an activation period equal to their expiry period. Not that I don't believe your personal experience, since those tend to be accurate, more accurate than the useless CSR jargon you get half the time, which is why I tried this place first over calling them. It is just confusing is all, they should really indicate that better on the cards.