Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1419

Thread: New Kid on the Block. Selectel Wireless. Verizon MVNO

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    Yes but he was looking to buy one he said he did not want to order online.
    So I was giving him options to go buy one locally.
    Oops, sorry I missed that. I put a Net10 Moto E on PagePlus. Glad to hear it is still working for Selectel also.

Feedback Score
    i contacted selectel on line and they told me they can only accept cdma and not 4g cellphones as of 3/27/15 they said that they are trying to get 4g cell phones in the near future. so if you got 4g phone pp+ looks like the better deal. i think that pp+ service lines got to imporve i used them yesterday and waited over 15 minutes for rep to come on the line, selectel only waited 2 minutes on line. think that selectel is better for anyone that wants quicker customer service than pp+( tracfone company) and they have cdma phone.

Feedback Score
    I would try calling *73 send and wait for beeps
    I had mine missing calls and that was the problem
    What does this do exactly?
    I seem to recall being directed to do that when I first got my phone?

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    *73 cancels call forwarding

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    Have your phone upgraded to the new 4G service on Selectel MUHAMUHAMUHA

Feedback Score
    How can some dog company run by an insane cat have 4g and Selectel still dragging their feet with it? Are they still trying with the brick and mortar approach instead of web sales?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsguy View Post
    How can some dog company run by an insane cat have 4g and Selectel still dragging their feet with it? Are they still trying with the brick and mortar approach instead of web sales?
    A Selectel dealer says 4G might be just around the corner...
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=15918087

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I guess just around the corner turned into right down the street...
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=15920449

Feedback Score
    it will be interesting to see what plans will work with it. i think for pageplus you can only use 4g phones on the more expensive plans.

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got tired of waiting for the elusive 4g with selectel. Now on Verizon pp with unl talk text and 2GB data using autopsy. $45.00 mo and tethering is allowed

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How many customers does that company have on 4g at this point.
    First it was I will need testers than it was all testing is done all we are waiting on 4 pallets of sims now it is I can ship them but not put you on for 8 days
    Then the 4 pallets of sims turned in to one box (neat shipping trick that must be what happens with white glove service)
    Why not just keep quit and when it is ready announce it.
    I guess you pull alot more revenue from Google Adsense that way.

By the way brick and mortar is quite nice for helping people they bring in there bill and have someone help them figure out which plan is best for them and how much they can save.
    And if the customer needs help they have a person they can call and put a real face too the person they are talking to because they have met them in person.
    The key for the customer is they truly know who there dealer is and exactly where they can be found.
    They are not hidden and are a part of there local business community.

But to each there own....

Last edited by wardcst; 05-16-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    From the site of a Selector dealer (who posted the link here in this forum) that is currently taking "pre-orders" for Selectel sim cards:

"Selectel Wireless is just about to launch for 4G LTE service. You must have a Verizon 4G LTE device in order to use a Selectel 4G LTE sim card. Please note that as of right this second, Selectel does not have 4G LTE. They will be offering this in the next week or two.

If you get your sim card, please be aware that you might not be able to use their 4G service as soon as you get the SIM card, and you might have to wait a day or two. We do not yet know what plans Selectel will be offering 4G LTE service on. Right now, you should assume that the 4G service will only be allowed on the $30 plan and higher."
    Last edited by comintel; 05-16-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    How many customers does that company have on 4g at this point.
    First it was I will need testers than it was all testing is done all we are waiting on 4 pallets of sims now it is I can ship them but not put you on for 8 days
    Then the 4 pallets of sims turned in to one box (neat shipping trick that must be what happens with white glove service)
    Why not just keep quit and when it is ready announce it.
    I guess you pull alot more revenue from Google Adsense that way.

By the way brick and mortar is quite nice for helping people they bring in there bill and have someone help them figure out which plan is best for them and how much they can save.
    And if the customer needs help they have a person they can call and put a real face too the person they are talking to because they have met them in person.
    The key for the customer is they truly know who there dealer is and exactly where they can be found.
    They are not hidden and are a part of there local business community.

But to each there own....

And thats the precise reason I would never even consider doing business with them. Endless hype, teases and stringing people along; often with no payoff for it all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if when all is said in done after another round of "unforeseen delays" the dog pound actually delivers working 4g at the same time as the other verizon mvnos.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And thats the precise reason I would never even consider doing business with them. Endless hype, teases and stringing people along; often with no payoff for it all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if when all is said in done after another round of "unforeseen delays" the dog pound actually delivers working 4g at the same time as the other verizon mvnos.
    If one has access they all more than likely do at or near same time
    (just a guess)
    That other dealer does not have exclusive deal were they get it first with Verizon like has been hinted at
    (Again just a guess)
    All the other MVNO carriers are going to be upset....because of all there hard work..Like we have something they don't and they are really going to be upset.
    From what I see they all have 3g no more no less..let's wait and let Selectel announce what they do have.
    And let the other company do there own roll out in the way they see fit.

Last edited by wardcst; 05-17-2015 at 01:45 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    The gloating thread over on the canine forum is over the top, as of right now they have no more access to 4G than any other non AM MVNO, so I am not sure what the guy is gloating about? At this point it seems to be all a facade to placate his rabid fan base.
    I don't even see their plans competitive to begin with, in fact they seem to make little sense. Their justification for their higher prices is US based support, probably using a call center based in a US prison .

If all the Verizon MVNOs are going to limit 4G to $30 plans and up, then it will still leave me and my my family members out since we just don't need those plans for our usage.
    My mom is on the Selectel yearly plan so she will be left out. BYO has the the best plans for my usage and there is not even a hint about 4G so that pretty much leaves me out altogether.
    Even so, if Selectel is also limited to higher cost plans like PP, I imagine so would BYO and Red Pocket. This whole deal limiting 4G Devices to the higher cost plans really leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes we want to have nothing to do with Verizon.
    TF is a 4G alternative, but I really really don't want to deal with anything AM.

Feedback Score
    yep, thats why i am hoping selectel can somehow get some lower tier offerings with 4g. this is a chance to set themselves apart from the rest of the pack.

Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast