Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1419

Thread: New Kid on the Block. Selectel Wireless. Verizon MVNO

  1. #1246
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    923
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    They have not released a date nor have they given any details of there terms
    So at this point it would be nothing more than speculation.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    Have your phone upgraded to the new 4G service on Selectel MUHAMUHAMUHA

  2. #1247
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,393
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by uat1 View Post
    I called Selectel to get my PIN for 1 one of my lines because I wanted to port it out to PureTake. The representative asked me why and I told him that I want to be able to use 4G phone but it's not allowed in Selectel.
    He told me activating 4G on Selectel is coming very soon. Although there has been rumor on that and I have no doubt about that it is just a matter of time but I would expect it to be available on the yearly plan, just like PP. Anyone has any more information on that?
    hate to be 'that guy' but 4g lte was being talked about last july. Fast forward to today and still nothing. Selectel seems to drag their feet more than the competition. I remember when page plus revamped their offerings that it took selectel literally months to match them. Or maybe it is verizon that likes to hold back the verizon mvno companies.

  3. #1248
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    923
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by uat1 View Post
    I called Selectel to get my PIN for 1 one of my lines because I wanted to port it out to PureTake. The representative asked me why and I told him that I want to be able to use 4G phone but it's not allowed in Selectel.
    He told me activating 4G on Selectel is coming very soon. Although there has been rumor on that and I have no doubt about that it is just a matter of time but I would expect it to be available on the yearly plan, just like PP. Anyone has any more information on that?
    It is not available on the Pageplus yearly plan.
    As far as Selectel we will have to wait and see as I said earlier they have not set a date or terms of use for 4G


    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

  4. #1249
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,950
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    It is not available on the Pageplus yearly plan.
    As far as Selectel we will have to wait and see as I said earlier they have not set a date or terms of use for 4G


    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    I can't imagine anyone busting down the doors to activate on Selectel , BYO, Red Pocket or whoever to use a beat up old Verizon device or a newer low tier ST/Net 10 3g device. I am looking at a L41c and that seems like a prize right now. I just don't see how any of them can survive without adding a significant amount of new subscribers when you know they are at least losing some current ones to PP and ST.

  5. #1250
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,367
    Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I can't imagine anyone busting down the doors to activate on Selectel , BYO, Red Pocket or whoever to use a beat up old Verizon device or a newer low tier ST/Net 10 3g device. I am looking at a L41c and that seems like a prize right now. I just don't see how any of them can survive without adding a significant amount of new subscribers when you know they are at least losing some current ones to PP and ST.
    Straight Talk, for me, is out of the question. If I want data and a smartphone it will cost me $45 a month. Page Plus is no longer a consideration after Slim(e) bought them out and, even if I could hold my nose long enough to buy from him, I would have to spend $30 a month to get any phone advantage over the other Verizon MVNOs. If I want to use the Verizon network (which I do) it's either Red Pocket, or Selectel or BYO. I can make do with older Verizon phones or inexpensive TF/Net10/ST phones forever, if that's what it takes. And, besides that, my younger brother and father-in-law still use flip phones. And they're not alone in this. BYO and the others work fine for that.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby

  6. #1251
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,367
    Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    It is not available on the Pageplus yearly plan.
    As far as Selectel we will have to wait and see as I said earlier they have not set a date or terms of use for 4G
    I'll be glad when this is decided -- one way or the other.

  7. #1252
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    "in the woods"
    Posts
    203
    Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    Straight Talk, for me, is out of the question. If I want data and a smartphone it will cost me $45 a month. Page Plus is no longer a consideration after Slim(e) bought them out and, even if I could hold my nose long enough to buy from him, I would have to spend $30 a month to get any phone advantage over the other Verizon MVNOs. If I want to use the Verizon network (which I do) it's either Red Pocket, or Selectel or BYO. I can make do with older Verizon phones or inexpensive TF/Net10/ST phones forever, if that's what it takes. And, besides that, my younger brother and father-in-law still use flip phones. And they're not alone in this. BYO and the others work fine for that.
    I also will be porting out of Selectel later this month. I am tired of waiting for them to get 4G. As said before, it has been June since we have been hearing "it's coming soon!!!"

    Since I share your feeling about PagePlus ownership, it looks like Verion Prepaid will be my choice. Why Verizon? Only carrier with decent coverage here, plan is only $45/mo, allows 4g, allows tethering, will give you an extra 500Mb/mo (1.5Gb total) if you sign up for auto renew.

    While I could jail break my new to me iPhone 5s, the extra hassle is not worth it (for me anyway).

  8. #1253
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    "in the woods"
    Posts
    203
    Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by uat1 View Post
    I called Selectel to get my PIN for 1 one of my lines because I wanted to port it out to PureTake. The representative asked me why and I told him that I want to be able to use 4G phone but it's not allowed in Selectel.
    He told me activating 4G on Selectel is coming very soon. Although there has been rumor on that and I have no doubt about that it is just a matter of time but I would expect it to be available on the yearly plan, just like PP. Anyone has any more information on that?
    Was it a hassle to get the PIN for your account? Could you do it using chat or did you have to call Selectel directly?

  9. #1254
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    923
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pendetim View Post
    I also will be porting out of Selectel later this month. I am tired of waiting for them to get 4G. As said before, it has been June since we have been hearing "it's coming soon!!!"

    .
    Strange the first I saw 4G mentioned as coming was on 9/9/14 in this thread and what that post said was they heard that dealers got a letter

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

  10. #1255
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,367
    Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pendetim View Post
    I also will be porting out of Selectel later this month. I am tired of waiting for them to get 4G. As said before, it has been June since we have been hearing "it's coming soon!!!"
    You really can't blame Selectel for this. They're completely dependent on Verizon. And, again, $45 a month would be a huge overkill for me. I simply don't need that many minutes, texts and data.

  11. #1256
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,950
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    Straight Talk, for me, is out of the question. If I want data and a smartphone it will cost me $45 a month. Page Plus is no longer a consideration after Slim(e) bought them out and, even if I could hold my nose long enough to buy from him, I would have to spend $30 a month to get any phone advantage over the other Verizon MVNOs. If I want to use the Verizon network (which I do) it's either Red Pocket, or Selectel or BYO. I can make do with older Verizon phones or inexpensive TF/Net10/ST phones forever, if that's what it takes. And, besides that, my younger brother and father-in-law still use flip phones. And they're not alone in this. BYO and the others work fine for that.
    I can do with what I have too, unfortunately I think we are in the minority. I doubt most even know who Carlos Slim is and most of those that do could care less. Most just want to use a decent device that have modern capabilities and other than ST and PP, that is not an option. Again, I can do with the Fascinate, but the wife and kid need at least the specs an SG SIII offers, not so much the 4G LTE, but the OS and memory.

  12. #1257
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    364
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    You really can't blame Selectel for this. They're completely dependent on Verizon. And, again, $45 a month would be a huge overkill for me. I simply don't need that many minutes, texts and data.
    I tend to think that Carlos Slim struck some exclusive deal with Verizon which is why PP & ST are the only MVNOs offering 4G LTE right now. While there is another dealer saying 4G will come to "her" and other MVNOs sometime in Q1 2015 (i.e. before March 31), I'll believe it when I see it. BYO has sort of gone on record in other posts that they would like to offer 4G on VZW which means Verizon is the entity holding everything back. I've seen other posts indicating that any Verizon MVNO that offers 4G has to enter a new contract with Verizon at increased wholesale prices. Verizon isn't going to give away 4G access to MVNOs for free.

  13. #1258
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,950
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by haasfamily View Post
    I tend to think that Carlos Slim struck some exclusive deal with Verizon which is why PP & ST are the only MVNOs offering 4G LTE right now. While there is another dealer saying 4G will come to "her" and other MVNOs sometime in Q1 2015 (i.e. before March 31), I'll believe it when I see it. BYO has sort of gone on record in other posts that they would like to offer 4G on VZW which means Verizon is the entity holding everything back. I've seen other posts indicating that any Verizon MVNO that offers 4G has to enter a new contract with Verizon at increased wholesale prices. Verizon isn't going to give away 4G access to MVNOs for free.
    I think many would be happy if they simply allowed 4G LTE devices @ 3G speeds on these MVNOs.

  14. #1259
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    923
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I think many would be happy if they simply allowed 4G LTE devices @ 3G speeds on these MVNOs.
    Selectel would if they could Big Red is doing the blocking not Selectel

  15. #1260
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    364
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I think many would be happy if they simply allowed 4G LTE devices @ 3G speeds on these MVNOs.
    I doubt you're going to see that. In fact non monthly Pay As You Go (PAYG) may go by the wayside as well once 4G comes to other MVNOs. Rumor has it that Verizon is jacking up the wholesale rates it charges MVNOs as part of their contacts to resell service with 4G. MVNOs pay a monthly charge to Verizon per subscriber regardless of what plan you are on so those costs have to be recovered somehow. Unless PAYG generates enough revenue to cover those monthly costs they have to pay to Verizon it doesn't make business sense to keep it. That is why you see more and more MVNOs requiring some type of monthly plan. I'm just hoping another MVNO can offer 4G at a lower cost than the minimum $30 on PP.

Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Razr V3 N00b - New kid on the block
    By IMRJS in forum Motorola
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 09:43 AM
  2. New Kid on the Block: Panasonic X700?? Worthy??
    By sneakerpimp in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 12:05 AM
  3. New Kid on the Block...
    By GarageBoy in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 09:07 PM
  4. New kid on the block. (Questions ....)
    By metacoretex in forum Nokia
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-22-2002, 02:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks