Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1419

Thread: New Kid on the Block. Selectel Wireless. Verizon MVNO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    A port is free with code $35 if you want to activate with new number, nutz.
    Activations and Ports should both be free with the code. You can always contact the dealer and I am sure they would honor the free activation.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Use coupon code ((FreeAct)) for 35.00 off activation and port's
    Here is what I read

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    A port is free with code $35 if you want to activate with new number, nutz.
    Where do find activations free on Selectel website? I called a couple days a go and was told it was $25. You also can not port in after you activate with new number, you have to pay for a new activation and plan. There are alternatives, but for reasons long past their expiration we can not discuss them with out fearing repercussions from the forum administrators.
    I didn't see it at first either, use the same code.

Feedback Score
    So now that the smart dealer is gone, I tried to set up autopay with the rodent and have not been successful and have not received any replies from them. Moving on. I then tried going through Selectel directly, but did not want to enter my CC number into their unencrypted submission form. So now I am just trying to a find a pin seller, but I can't find any for Selectel, only PP. Any recommendations of one?

Feedback Score
    Looks like the dealer that you are trying to use hasn't posted here since the 20th, if I am looking correctly. It may be a holiday thing and maybe he hasn't had a chance to respond for some reason. Maybe you will hear from him soon because I'm sure he is a responsible person. He was recommended by the other dealer. I hope you are able to get your problem solved. Maybe you could do a chat or call Selectel and not have to use their form. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Feedback Score
    If I recall, I think you can only set up autopay by calling in to selectel. not 100% sure though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ryder View Post
    Looks like the dealer that you are trying to use hasn't posted here since the 20th, if I am looking correctly. It may be a holiday thing and maybe he hasn't had a chance to respond for some reason. Maybe you will hear from him soon because I'm sure he is a responsible person. He was recommended by the other dealer. I hope you are able to get your problem solved. Maybe you could do a chat or call Selectel and not have to use their form. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    The Flying Mammal Dealer did a port for me yesterday. If you look at their hours they are closed on the weekend ( I hope they change this now that they are picking up a lot of the very smart guys customers).
    Huawei XT2-Red Pocket $5 Month plan
    Alcatell ?- Red Pocket $10 Month Plan ($99 ebay)
    Samsung Gusto- Page Plus $30 year
    Moto E 1st Gen 3g Factory reset in a drawer.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I don't know anything about them, but can you try doityourselfwireless.com and/or freedomwirelessbc.com ?

Feedback Score
    I've used the freedom dealer several times and have been very happy with their service.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I did an ESN change with freedom bc wireless. They do it for free and it's completely automated. Finished in 20 minutes. Very happy with their service

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcst View Post
    You are allowed to use the data you buy with your plan how ever you choose it is your data

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I tried to tether my iPhone 4s on the $30.00 selectel plan today and it failed. The "Personal Hot Spot " button was there on the 4s and my iPAd connected. It was able to link them using both BlueTooth and WiFi. However when I tried to use my iPad's browser a message came up saying this feature was not authorized. The header in the message looked to be from Verizon.

The message came from dunsp.vzw.com and said Your phone is not currently setup to be used as a modem or mobile hotspot. Click Continue to see if these services are available. "Continue" gives me the message This device is not authorized to access dial up networking. contact your service provider for more details.

SO is tethering allowed? or is there something broken?

Feedback Score

same thing here...

Quote Originally Posted by pendetim View Post
    I tried to tether my iPhone 4s on the $30.00 selectel plan today and it failed. The "Personal Hot Spot " button was there on the 4s and my iPAd connected. It was able to link them using both BlueTooth and WiFi. However when I tried to use my iPad's browser a message came up saying this feature was not authorized. The header in the message looked to be from Verizon.

The message came from dunsp.vzw.com and said Your phone is not currently setup to be used as a modem or mobile hotspot. Click Continue to see if these services are available. "Continue" gives me the message This device is not authorized to access dial up networking. contact your service provider for more details.

I had the same thing happen with a 4S on Selectel's $40 plan when trying to use the hot spot feature. I was trying to connect using a Blackberry Z10 when I got the message from Verizon.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pendetim View Post

Yes, tethering is allowed by Selectel. It isn't working for you because you're trying to use the Vzw installed tethering app. You need to use a 3rd party tethering app to tether using your iPhone.

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK. What app do you suggest for tethering on iPhone?

Feedback Score
    I called Selectel to get my PIN for 1 one of my lines because I wanted to port it out to PureTake. The representative asked me why and I told him that I want to be able to use 4G phone but it's not allowed in Selectel.
    He told me activating 4G on Selectel is coming very soon. Although there has been rumor on that and I have no doubt about that it is just a matter of time but I would expect it to be available on the yearly plan, just like PP. Anyone has any more information on that?

Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast