Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1419

Thread: New Kid on the Block. Selectel Wireless. Verizon MVNO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    Yeah, but there may be other issues we know nothing about. Which would you prefer, waiting a bit longer for a smooth roll-out, or an earlier rollout plagued with problems?
    I'll take it now with any slight problems, but I do not see the slightest evidence that there are any problems that would suggest giving TracFone and its brands a multi-month Verizon LTE monopoly.

In my opinion it is just an anticompetitive combine with Verizon to further entrench the dominance of TracFone and Walmart by giving them months of exclusivity while they roll out Verizon LTE across all their subbrands.
    Last edited by comintel; 12-12-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I'll take it now with any slight problems, but I do not see the slightest evidence that there are any problems that would suggest giving TracFone and its brands a multi-month Verizon LTE monopoly.

In my opinion it is just an anticompetitive combine with Verizon to further entrench the dominance of TracFone and Walmart by giving them months of exclusivity while they roll out Verizon LTE across all their subbrands.
    You could be right -- I'm not going to argue, I don't know. I would like to see the other Verizon MVNOs get to use LTE -- but for all their plans, not just the unlimited ones. If it comes to Selectel (or BYO or ...) with the same terms it came to Page Plus it won't matter one way or the other to me as I'm not going to buy a lot of uneeded data, texts and minutes just to use an LTE phone.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby

Device(s)
    E815 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "with the same terms it came to Page Plus it won't matter one way or the other to me as I'm not going to buy a lot of uneeded data, texts and minutes just to use an LTE phone."

If I read what you are saying, the LTE is not avaiable on all the Page Plus plans? So could I get it on the $30 plan?

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pendetim View Post
    "with the same terms it came to Page Plus it won't matter one way or the other to me as I'm not going to buy a lot of uneeded data, texts and minutes just to use an LTE phone."

If I read what you are saying, the LTE is not avaiable on all the Page Plus plans? So could I get it on the $30 plan?
    Yes, you can get LTE on the $30 Plan -- that is the lowest cost plan that will allow it.

Feedback Score
    that seems like an opportunity for selectel to fill some areas that page plus does not have a foothold in... but this is selectel we are talking about. This company drags their feet and is very slow to take advantage of opportunities, or to quickly make changes to anything.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I really like how Selectel will "turn off data" when you reach your plan limit. My kids are not cognizant of how much data they are consuming, so as a parent I really appreciate not having to worry about an overage charge. I would think Selectel would market this benefit more.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBack View Post
    I really like how Selectel will "turn off data" when you reach your plan limit. My kids are not cognizant of how much data they are consuming, so as a parent I really appreciate not having to worry about an overage charge. I would think Selectel would market this benefit more.
    What would be even nicer is for Selectel, along with the other Vzw MVNOs, to start doing what Straight Talk does with data on its unlimited plans, and throttle after a certain limit, but not turn it off!

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What would be even nicer is for Selectel, along with the other Vzw MVNOs, to start doing what Straight Talk does with data on its unlimited plans, and throttle after a certain limit, but not turn it off!
    It might as well be off @ 64Kbps.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    It might as well be off @ 64Kbps.
    But it's not, and email, GV texting, and other things can still be accomplished with a 64Kbps connection, whereas with data completely off, none of that is possible.

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    But it's not, and email, GV texting, and other things can still be accomplished with a 64Kbps connection, whereas with data completely off, none of that is possible.
    I can barely get 128K to work for those uses, 64k is useless for all practical purposes. I can find a WiFi spot to use before I can open anything up with 64k. I think I would prefer hot poker jabbed into my eyeballs than trying to use 64Kbps speeds.
    Besides, isn't Page Plus the be all end all?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    I think I would prefer hot poker jabbed into my eyeballs than trying to use 64Kbps speeds.
    I still remember a point in time when the 56k modem was the next great thing.

via the HoFo App
    I got Lollipop! 12/2014

Feedback Score
    I have read people having activated Tracfone version of LG Optimus Fuel - LGL34C on PagePlus. Has anybody activated the same or an ESN Change to Tracfone LG Optiums Fuel on Selectel Wireless? Thanks

Feedback Score
    you can only activate postpaid verizon phones on selectel now. the window of opportunity closed for other phones.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia X Compact
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Actually, I've heard of people activating the Straight Talk, Net10, or Tracfone versions of that phone on other Verizon MVNOs that should have the same restrictions, and they were fully functional.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anphone idroid View Post
    I still remember a point in time when the 56k modem was the next great thing.

via the HoFo App

Yes and I remember being disappointed when I got my first one I was expecting it to be faster.
    I still only got 28k
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    Have your phone upgraded to the new 4G service on Selectel MUHAMUHAMUHA

Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast