Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sailfish?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    N9 should be fine, those are both newer than N9.
    Nokia N950

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The new Sailfish SDK with Qt5 is now out. People are getting their Jolla tee shirts. Hopefully more information and demos will follow.

Device(s)
    Current Phone: Nokia N9 Past:Nokia 6651,Nokia 7210
    Carrier(s)
    Currently: at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wlo8 View Post
    Is anyone using the N9 on ATT with the $15 feature phone data plan? Thanks. Hopefully the Sailfish phones can be used with the feature phone data plan.
    I can't speak for Postpaid, but for Prepaid, at&t detects the N9 as a Smartphone. There's a thread in the GoPhone Forum that talked about it.

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by altNz View Post
    I can't speak for Postpaid, but for Prepaid, at&t detects the N9 as a Smartphone. There's a thread in the GoPhone Forum that talked about it.
    I guess E7, N9, and 808 are all recognized as a smartphone by AT&T....

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    AT&T if they can rip you off, they will!

Device(s)
    Nokia 8600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    At this moment, I'm tethering through my N9 for internet. I've been doing on AT&T w/o issue for 1.5 years. And I'm talking massive amounts of data.

I'd really love to be on Windows Phone, but can't bear the idea of importing the Lumia 925 to find out that AT&T recognizes it. Also, WP is out since I need USB tethering for playing MMOs. Wifi tethering has latency issues. So... it's Jolla for me. I expect that AT&T will not know that it's a smartphone and that we'll all be quite happy.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The Jolla phone is now available to some and hopefully greater availability will follow. I am excited to use Sailfish

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Demati View Post
    So can we talk Sailfish here? It is a MeeGo derivative (though not really). Anyone excited about this Jolla phone?
    Yes, actually. I *am* excited. :-)

Before I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon, I was a Nokia Symbian user and I enjoyed seeing the development and rollout of Meego only to see Microsoft kill it immediately.

I can very well imagine buying a Jolla Sailfish device as a spare or toy, and as it develops I see that it might very well turn into a mainstream device for American use.

I know they're selling them in a couple of countries as of this week, but I don't see any hands on experience with the devices, or anything that reveals specifications in detail.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anseio View Post
    At this moment, I'm tethering through my N9 for internet. I've been doing on AT&T w/o issue for 1.5 years. And I'm talking massive amounts of data.

I'd really love to be on Windows Phone, but can't bear the idea of importing the Lumia 925 to find out that AT&T recognizes it. Also, WP is out since I need USB tethering for playing MMOs. Wifi tethering has latency issues. So... it's Jolla for me. I expect that AT&T will not know that it's a smartphone and that we'll all be quite happy.
    You can get away with a lot on your older Symbian devices that you will not be able to do with Android, Windows or iOS. All of the Nokia Lumia line are recognized and disabled unless you are paying for one of the 5 GB or higher plans that include tethering.

With my iPhones, I gave up and just pay for tethering. Now that LTE is everywhere, it's almost worth the money.

:-)

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    Yes, actually. I *am* excited. :-)

Before I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon, I was a Nokia Symbian user and I enjoyed seeing the development and rollout of Meego only to see Microsoft kill it immediately.

I can very well imagine buying a Jolla Sailfish device as a spare or toy, and as it develops I see that it might very well turn into a mainstream device for American use.

I know they're selling them in a couple of countries as of this week, but I don't see any hands on experience with the devices, or anything that reveals specifications in detail.
    And it is the specs I need

I want a jolla phone, but until I know it will work on t-mo usa frequencies, I have to wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2