Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Exclusive Offer for Incoming USCC customers

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Sprint has to push Android and the iPhone because, after the iPhone deal, they don't have much room to push anything else. While Sprint is meeting their end of the deal with the iPhone they can't slip a whole lot, otherwise they have to eat a whole bunch of iPhones.

Sprint will eventually get some sort of WP device from Nokia, this we know because Mary Jo Foley, who is well-sourced with Microsoft, has said as much. How hard they push it remains to be seen. As far as BB, Sprint is getting the Q10 and another touchscreen later in the year.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    So in my office in the Loop on Sprint I am only getting 3G right now, and it's slow as balls. ( ._.)

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Ugh, I wish I knew how decent T-Mobile or Sprint would be in Central Illinois. T-Mobile's 2G where I am (although seems like solid signal for voice). Sprint's only giving me 0-1 bars here (though on a cheap Virgin phone, so maybe it's the phone). I'm RIGHT at the edge of USCC's coverage now so need to switch two lines, I guess :-/

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    Ugh, I wish I knew how decent T-Mobile or Sprint would be in Central Illinois. T-Mobile's 2G where I am (although seems like solid signal for voice). Sprint's only giving me 0-1 bars here (though on a cheap Virgin phone, so maybe it's the phone). I'm RIGHT at the edge of USCC's coverage now so need to switch two lines, I guess :-/
    What area in central IL? If it is the Springfield/Bloomington area I can probably give you a bit of info. Right now the network is extremely slow in central IL but they are now in the process of doing the network vision upgrades. In the next few months there should be big improvements. Some of the best phones for reception are the S4 and note 2. I have a Duramax and it is exceptional at pulling signal.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just 250 yards from US Cellular HQ near O'Hare with -80dBm of signal on USCC's 3G:

Name:  459422516.png
Views: 258
Size:  31.5 KB
    Last edited by athens; 05-20-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    I've seen many cell towers

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    What area in central IL? If it is the Springfield/Bloomington area I can probably give you a bit of info. Right now the network is extremely slow in central IL but they are now in the process of doing the network vision upgrades. In the next few months there should be big improvements. Some of the best phones for reception are the S4 and note 2. I have a Duramax and it is exceptional at pulling signal.
    I'm a bit East of Peoria-still covered here by USCC, but I do go to Bloomington and especially Springfield frequently. Right now at home I seem to be only getting 0-1 bars on an LG Virgin (Sprint) phone, but I could swear it used to do a lot better than that, so maybe my home will end up upgraded too, with this network vision stuff?

Anyway thanks much for the info!

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The rumor mill is identifying the Samsung Ativ S - bka Samsung's Windows 8 equivalent of the Galaxy S - and a mid-tier HTC 8 device for Sprint in the next month or so.

I am more curious about which Blackberry 10 touch device Sprint brings to the table.

Device(s)
    Pixel, S9+, S9, S8, S7, G6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Booler View Post
    So in my office in the Loop on Sprint I am only getting 3G right now, and it's slow as balls. ( ._.)
    The loop cell sites haven't been completed yet. Most have been converted to NV gear (iirc) but the backhaul is not available and sprint is waiting on the vendors to deliver it (still). Backhaul is one of the reasons Sprint is behind on many of their beginning markets. That's what happens when your backhaul vendors have ties to either ATT or Verizon landline divisions.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    One of those backhaul vendors wouldn't happen to be Dyros Electric out of Elk Grove Village, IL?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe so. Majority of the sites are fed by the local ilec which is unfortunately ATT which did their best at waiting till the absolute latest to deploy the upgraded backhaul. I believe the other local ilec is cermak which has been much faster in providing backhaul and most definitely did not delay as much as ATT has.

Another thing. Upgraded 3G has to be deployed in clusters in order to minimize service disruption to subscribers. 4G can be broadcasting from a tower but Sprint will continue to use the legacy side for 3G until the rest of a cluster is complete. This is so they can coordinate a cluster launch and fix any issues of overlap, power levels, etc that may occur.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    I'm a bit East of Peoria-still covered here by USCC, but I do go to Bloomington and especially Springfield frequently. Right now at home I seem to be only getting 0-1 bars on an LG Virgin (Sprint) phone, but I could swear it used to do a lot better than that, so maybe my home will end up upgraded too, with this network vision stuff?

Anyway thanks much for the info!
    I live in Rushville and know all about the degraded signal of late. Something changed a few months ago and signal has gone to crap. I have called business care and got nowhere with them about the problems. The response was wait until network vision is done. They are starting work in this area so things should start improving over the next few months. The big thing that is going to help this area is the 800 frequencies as 1900 just does not work well with the spacing iPCS used. Springfield has its areas where it doesn't work well. I find signal dies out in almost any type of building there unless you are next to the tower. I haven't had many problems in Bloomington using the voice side but the data side of things is dead. It is fairly common to see timeout and network busy errors. If I still reside in the area in a few months and I start seeing 800 appearing I can give you an update.

A bit of positive is that many of the roads in the Peoria area covered decently as are those leading to Springfield and Bloomington (even backroads). I really hope Sprint starts adding more towers in the west central IL market (I-72, IL336, US24) in the Quincy area eastward. I do recommend visiting s4gru.com for updates on the central IL market. That thread is not real active as of late as there has not been a lot going on in this market.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thus begins the era of Sprints NV 2.0 as the midwest / USCC area is slated to be among st the first to get LTE 800 / TDD-LTE 2500..

First tri-band devices announced... some dongles...
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tri-ba...143000368.html

Rumors have it september-ish release for Tri-band phones.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Dang, I wish I knew how coverage around Peoria and the rest of Central Illinois would end up. Might know by next year...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint AFTER U.S. Cellular kicked me to the curb!
    Feedback Score
    OK I've read from first post to last post, and have learned a lot. Please answer me this. With Sprint's purchase of the spectrum does that mean that their cell service will improve? I currently can make and receive phone calls, get data, email, text messages and whatever with my S3 while sitting at my desk. A co-worker (on sprint using a tab2) can't even send a text message. My S3 is the only phone I have. If the school nurse needs to tell me that one of my kids is ill, they won't be able to do that on Sprint. I hate this! I'm in St. Louis, and my phone works EVERYWHERE and I dig that!

So bottom line, I don't know much about how cell phones work. I know in radio, certain frequencies work better because of their shape. I wondered if somehow this deal might mean that Sprint might start working in my office building!

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    So you're saying it DOESN'T work now?

Yeah, I think there's a real chance that Sprint's network could get drastically better because they're going to be integrating 3 networks together. Their own (Sprint), Nextel (which is getting shut down at the end of this month) and US Cellular (in areas where they bought it). They'll have all that spectrum to play with, so potentially their network might end up the best.

Though who knows how long it'll take to do all that, and it's possible they won't use the spectrum as fantastically as US Cellular does, but there's at least a potential there (I'd LOVE to see how Sprint's network is in a year's time!)

Regarding spectrum, lower frequencies tend to be more useful as they penetrate buildings better than higher frequencies do. I'm going off memory here of something I would have known 10 years ago but I seem to recall Sprint used to just have high frequencies, and this will probably add a bunch of lower frequency spectrum.

As of last week, at least in Springfield, US Cellular was still active (and getting more bars than our Sprint and AT&T phones combined lol)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast