Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile offered me the New Cel-fi RS2 No contract extension required

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RDSport323 View Post
    For those that have been able to experience both the RS1 and RS2, is there any noticeable difference? Or what benefits are there from the RS1 to RS2?

Would LTE be supported on the RS2?
    I haven't tested both together yet but have both for now. Please read thread, but RS2 also supports 1900 PCS frequency in addition to 1700/2100 AWS. LTE compatible one should be released by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by tmotk View Post
    Can it be used with both parts installed in an office cubical, if there is no window, but there is one bar of 4G that drops on and off to EDGE already seen on the handset?
    They are supposed to be used as far apart as possible with the window unit by the window for best performance. I would email the Nextivity to see what they have to say about side by side operation.

Feedback Score
    Tmobile is currently out of he RS 2s. They are back ordered. I was told that they should have them toward he end of summer.

I called Tmobile on June 3rd 2013 to confirm.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssibaroma View Post
    Tmobile is currently out of he RS 2s. They are back ordered. I was told that they should have them toward he end of summer.

I called Tmobile on June 3rd 2013 to confirm.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums
    I doubt that's true.. They've been telling me they are out of stock of RS1s the past year... and Still keep telling me they are out of stock even today.. You just have to get the right person to help you.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well after a few days for some reason it is not working anymore. Now it says it has 2 bars and the base says 7 for the link, but we have 1 bar on phones and it keeps switching to Edge on us. Called CS they say no issues in area, seems to be all they say even though clearly there is something wrong. They now say they are out completely on rs1 and rs2, even loyalty says they are out, so it is either send it back and not get a replacement, or wait and see if there is just a tower issue and hope it starts working again. We waited 7 months to get one, I really don't want to send it back lol
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Feedback Score
    Does this amplify EDGE signal as well?
    Last edited by username321; 06-05-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    Does this amplify EDGE signal as well?
    No it doesn't

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering how stable these are? I see the rs1 on eBay for some 130 bucks or so...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I just won a cel-fi on Ebay for $110 bucks.. I simply have to try it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Received mine yesterday, what a world of difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Our RS1 is working again, not as good as it was when first hooked up, but 2 solid bars are better than no bars.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, I'm noticing -35 to -50 dbs better on my signal.

Feedback Score
    I am a walmart family mobile customer. we have voice signal problems sometimes. since we also use tmobile towers would these things work for me? does the rs1 help voice quality at all or just data? thanks

Device(s)
    T-mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey all I got the T-mobile branded RS 1 Cel-fi repeated from eBay. I used to have No Serivce in my office building. I would have an occasional 2 Bars of Edge. I recently got the Cel-Fi for $125 shipped and installed it in my office. I have full 4G services and it works great. It was a great investment for my self. My co-workers with T-Mobile are enjoying the benefits of the service.

The window where i have the window device has full four bars as my phone does if it is directly on the window. I have the AWS compatible iphone 5. I get about 5-6mbs Down and .50 mbps up. ENough for netflix or youtube.

Feedback Score
    I have now called T-Mobile more than 2 dozen times over the last 2 months. Each time I am told that the Cel-Fi are currently unavailable and that I should call back in 2-3 days to check on the status. On one occasion I was told that T-Mobile has discontinued the program, but future calls were more optimistic.

Feedback Score
    Just confirmed it wih T-mobile that they suspended or shut down this program indefinately. This take effect Starting in June 17th.

Please don't take my word for it. Co firmed it through both account rep and technical department.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast