Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile offered me the New Cel-fi RS2 No contract extension required

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post
    Pictures on the manufactures' website:
    http://nextivityinc.com/products

The RS1 only supports 1700/2100 AWS frequencies while the RS2 also supports 1900 PCS frequencies.
    Ah got ya, thanks. Question tho, that mean once this area gets refarm then rs1 wont work? We have the rs1.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using HowardForums
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCharmedOne View Post
    Ah got ya, thanks. Question tho, that mean once this area gets refarm then rs1 wont work? We have the rs1.
    No, I would ask customer support to upgrade to the RS2 since you will be limited to AWS support with the model you have. To get the most benefit with the booster I would ask for an upgrade.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    No, I would ask customer support to upgrade to the RS2 since you will be limited to AWS support with the model you have. To get the most benefit with the booster I would ask for an upgrade.
    Reframed area would support HSPA+ over both AWS and PCS. From my experience, customer doesn't have access to RS2 until summertime and they haven't detailed upgrade Cel-Fi procedures (additional costs). For my argument, I have an iPhone 4S registered on my plan to plead my case for PCS support signal booster. I agree that RS2 would give you the best benefit long term.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA (2003-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post
    Reframed area would support HSPA+ over both AWS and PCS. From my experience, customer doesn't have access to RS2 until summertime and they haven't detailed upgrade Cel-Fi procedures (additional costs). For my argument, I have an iPhone 4S registered on my plan to plead my case for PCS support signal booster. I agree that RS2 would give you the best benefit long term.
    My family has poor signal in-home, but a couple bars of 4G outside. Just tried to get one for my brother's iPhone 4, and the rep knew exactly what I was talking about but indicated the company is "out of stock." She recommended buying one on eBay (!) I'm guessing they'll never get them back "in stock" given the new business model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimp2006 View Post
    My family has poor signal in-home, but a couple bars of 4G outside. Just tried to get one for my brother's iPhone 4, and the rep knew exactly what I was talking about but indicated the company is "out of stock." She recommended buying one on eBay (!) I'm guessing they'll never get them back "in stock" given the new business model.
    Talk to the loyalty department. I ordered one last Sunday and I'm getting it tomorrow

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully have a chance to test it out tomorrow because it was sent to a separate address.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  186.8 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Update on my case. After 5 calls over 2 weeks they were able to place the order for me on Wednesday. I requested to have the unit shipped over night. They covered the shipping. I got it yesterday.

Feedback Score
    I got the rs2 model today. From no bars/1 bar to full bars!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesRider View Post
    Update on my case. After 5 calls over 2 weeks they were able to place the order for me on Wednesday. I requested to have the unit shipped over night. They covered the shipping. I got it yesterday.
    That's great! How is the new unit working out?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguilar View Post
    I got the rs2 model today. From no bars/1 bar to full bars!
    You got the RS2? You sure? Or is it the RS1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesRider View Post
    Did you get the new RS2 or RS1? And how did you manage to convice them to send you one?

I'm curious if I can convince them to send me a RS2 but I dont want ot push my luck since they just sent me an RS1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RDSport323 View Post
    You got the RS2? You sure? Or is it the RS1.
    Yeah I got the rs2

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you get the new RS2 or RS1? And how did you manage to convice them to send you one?

I'm curious if I can convince them to send me a RS2 but I dont want ot push my luck since they just sent me an RS1.

I was able to get the RS2. If you look at my 1st post you can see my story.

Easiest way to get it would be to speak to someone from the customer loyalty department.

As far as working I won't know till I send it to my sister that lives in another state. She has really crappy service in her house.

Feedback Score
    For those that have been able to experience both the RS1 and RS2, is there any noticeable difference? Or what benefits are there from the RS1 to RS2?

Would LTE be supported on the RS2?

Feedback Score
    The antenna has to reach the outside of the house? or has to sit by a window correct? And how are the internet speeds? any dropped calls?
    Can it be used with both parts installed in an office cubical, if there is no window, but there is one bar of 4G that drops on and off to EDGE already seen on the handset?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast