Thread: WHAT carrier is needed to activate USED iPhone 4s?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

WHAT carrier is needed to activate USED iPhone 4s?

If I look for a used phone for my son, he would like to find an iPhone 4s

What carrier will I need to look at to be able to easily activate on straight talk?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpeas View Post
    If I look for a used phone for my son, he would like to find an iPhone 4s

What carrier will I need to look at to be able to easily activate on straight talk?
    either AT&T or Tmobile. if you want verizon you would need buy a straight talk branded iphone 4s

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are a few options. Always make sure the phone is not stolen. Stay away from bad ESN / IMEI phones.

If you get an AT&T iPhone 4S, you can easily get a Net10 micro SIM card for a $1. That'll give him 1.5GB of data and unlimited calling/text for $50 a month ($45 with autopay, sometimes cheaper via eBay).

If you want Verizon, you can get a dealer on eBay to activate it on Page Plus. Their $30 (only 250mb / 0.25GB of data) and $55 (2GB data) would work great.

Sprint doesn't allow MVNOs to add iPhones - the exception being if you find a used Virgin Mobile iPhone, but those are usually expensive. $30 a month with autopay I believe, and 2.5GB of data.

An AT&T iPhone that has been unlocked (can do so via eBay) can work with T-Mobile, but it'll be stuck on slow 2G data unless you live in a major city where T-Mobile has activated 1900MHz 3G.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    first off you need to do a little reasearch.need to find out what carriers are avail in you area.att or tmo.

as of right now you can get a st/tmo sim from st website.this is all depending if you have tmo service in your area.if you have good tmo coverage in your area i would get the tmo phone.if not you will have to find a st/att sim on ebay and get the att iphone.also there have been reports on here of iphone 4s &5 users loosing there data settings when doing the sim swap method to get data working.jailbreaking is another method of getting data and mms working on said phones.