Thread: Any way to change outgoing call display?

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Any way to change outgoing call display?

I would of course be prepared to verify that I own the number I want to set as outgoing call display.

It would be my voip line, which I can set up to ring me back on multiple locations, including obviously my wind phone.

Anyone tried?

Feedback Score
    I've seen a few Android apps that allow users to spoof their Caller ID, free of charge.

I've never used them, so I can't say how well they perform. But users on the Play Store rated them fairly well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah with outgoing VoIP you can set any call display you like. So outgoing VoIP calls sure.

I would like to change it on my outgoing gsm calls too, so that the callbacks hit my VoIP service and I can decide what device to receive the call in.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if the outgoing displayed number on WIND is the number on the SIM? Or is it a number from the network?

If it's the SIM number, some older phones are able to write that. Supposing I found a way to change it?

Would that cause issues? Or would it just change the outgoing display?

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Definitely the network. My SIM number isn't my actual number.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Feedback Score

You need to use the google voice app to change your outgoing cell number

After you get a google voice number (or port your number to google voice), put the "voice" app on your phone. After you open the app press your phones "settings" (on my phone) I then press "more" then "settings" , then press "Making calls". You now have 4 options, 2 of those are to "use your google voice number for all calls" or "ask every time I make a call". If you choose use google voice for all calls, that is the number everyone will see, not your actual cell number.
    Hope this was helpful.

WIth my droid, using the GV app, I can set it so that with each call it asks me whether to make the call using GV, or using my cell phone. That way, for any business calls, I select "Use Google Voice," and my GV # shows up on their CID. For personal, I select "Call without Google Voice," and my cell number shows up on their CID.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcanet View Post
    After you get a google voice number (or port your number to google voice), put the "voice" app on your phone. After you open the app press your phones "settings" (on my phone) I then press "more" then "settings" , then press "Making calls". You now have 4 options, 2 of those are to "use your google voice number for all calls" or "ask every time I make a call". If you choose use google voice for all calls, that is the number everyone will see, not your actual cell number.
    Hope this was helpful.

WIth my droid, using the GV app, I can set it so that with each call it asks me whether to make the call using GV, or using my cell phone. That way, for any business calls, I select "Use Google Voice," and my GV # shows up on their CID. For personal, I select "Call without Google Voice," and my cell number shows up on their CID.
    The catch is there is no official Google Voice in Canada, and even if you did manage to get it working, there's no Canadian numbers available.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can change outgoing on various VOIP services, GV not the only one. I want my outgoing CID on WIND to be my main contract number (as opposed to my wind number). VoIP on WIND isn't great...

Feedback Score
    I would use a call through or call back service with voip.ms.

If you wanted to send me a dollar via paypal I could let you test it out.

Let me know how it works out. I'm read to use it conjunction with the free wind incoming on the prepaid plan for free incoming, cheap outgoing calls.