Thread: The real reason for an AWS iPhone5

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The real reason for an AWS iPhone5

I admit I was very skeptical as to why Apple would even bother releasing an AWS model for T-Mobile (and even less likely for Wind + Mobi)
    This BGR report I think pretty much sums up why; Apple sales plummet and they desperately need to make some money via retail (& not simply from Samsung patent wars)

http://bgr.com/2013/04/22/apple-earn...q2-2013-454446

Suddenly BB10 doesn't look like such a loser...
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Personally, I don't think it ever did . . . . .

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    I admit I was very skeptical as to why Apple would even bother releasing an AWS model for T-Mobile (and even less likely for Wind + Mobi)
    This BGR report I think pretty much sums up why; Apple sales plummet and they desperately need to make some money via retail (& not simply from Samsung patent wars)

BGR is a very biased source of information and after many of their fiascos with praising apple without a reason and bashing blackberry without any comparison etc, I have serious doubts over their quality of content. BGR also went from bashing samsung to praising the **** out of them overnight.

I would not trust anything BGR publishes anymore, they have lost credibility in my eyes. Additionally, apple didnt discuss with BGR about their long term strategy and planning, so BGR doesnt know for sure - its speculation.

Feedback Score

Your article plus thread are not related, your conclusions you jumped to are even more laughable. That BGR article was simply pointing out how analysts are jumping in with the most alarming drops like its some competition.

BB10 still looks like a loser, if you were insinuating this article would change that opinion anyways.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendenzi View Post
    Your article plus thread are not related, your conclusions you jumped to are even more laughable. That BGR article was simply pointing out how analysts are jumping in with the most alarming drops like its some competition.

BB10 still looks like a loser, if you were insinuating this article would change that opinion anyways.
    BB10 might be a loser but BGR started crying about how bad it is even before it was realeased. They never reviewed it! You cant comment on something you never saw, no matter how good or bad it is. That makes me question BGR's quality of articles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    BB10 might be a loser but BGR started crying about how bad it is even before it was realeased. They never reviewed it! You cant comment on something you never saw, no matter how good or bad it is. That makes me question BGR's quality of articles.
    With out question BGR loves to bandwagon jump. Ironic they dump on BB when their rise to fame was because them.

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    . They never reviewed it! You cant comment on something you never saw, no matter how good or bad it is. That
    Paid Chimps review movies and other media well in advance of release for the internet masses.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    BB10 is still a loser and one doesn't need BGR IMO to tell them Apple is losing the war.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think you're on to something.. Because it's not like the iPhone 5 was recently listed as the best selling phone and not that Apple retail stores have the highest revenue per square foot right?

Feedback Score
    APPLE IS DOOMED!!! It's not like they're posting record profits quarter after quarter or anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RIP APPLE

after

RIP RIM

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Okay, what does this have to do with WIND? In any capacity? Let's not pretend T-Mobile has been desperately begging Apple to have an iPhone. T-Mobile's ads in frustration used to knock the iPhone on AT&T and now we're seeing a ton of T-Mobile Ads pretending it's finally the best phone because it's on the best network....

Any and all comparison's to RIM are also laughable.

Not because RIM is a failure, but because the only comparisons between Apple and RIM that one can make are so short of a list in comparison to the actual differences, it's just dumb to pretend they're in the same league.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Okay, what does this have to do with WIND?
    Apple makes phones. Wind is a wireless carrier that connects phones. Now do you see the relation?

In other news, my cousin is pregnant for the third time this month! (this is totally relevant because she ownes an iPhone on an AWS carrier)

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMSTR View Post
    Apple makes phones. Wind is a wireless carrier that connects phones. Now do you see the relation?

In other news, my cousin is pregnant for the third time this month! (this is totally relevant because she ownes an iPhone on an AWS carrier)
    LOL! Oh I get it!

So how 'bout them sports? Sports are relevant because someone on the team might be a WIND subscriber too.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Priv, Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okay back on topic fellas, WIND needs to kick in gear and realize OUTSOURCING OUR JOBS overseas is not the answer. WHY NOT employee within Canada, even if it's not at a premium wage (let's start off CSRs in Canada @ $11/hr) - some people would love that! (how many Canadians are unemployed?! - my point exactly). This is ridiculous. Inhouse reps provide a service unlike any other (that's true no matter what situation you look at). Even outsourcing within Canada has its drawbacks, mentality of reps for example - not getting the same wage/benefits as normal in-house reps. But still, why do companies think it's okay to save a few pennies by outsourcing overseas and still expect that their experience wont be hindered. Shame on WIND, I hate calling in to the WIND line, just hearing them try to speak english properly makes me want to go insane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast