Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pay Your Way Voice Enhancement - $5/Day Unlimited Data

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pay Your Way Voice Enhancement - $5/Day Unlimited Data

Beginning Monday April 22nd, Pay Your Way Voice customers can access unlimited
    data on their mobile device for only $5/day!

Effective Monday April 22nd, 2013, new and existing Pay Your Way voice customers
    can access unlimited data on their mobile device for only $5 per day. Customers will
    continue to be charged at the $1/MB rate until they have used 5MB of data. Once
    the customer has used 5MB/$5 of data for the day, they will be able to use
    unlimited data on their phone until midnight at no extra charge.

 Data Fair Usage Policy applies, www.windmobile.ca/fairusage
     The $5 maximum per day charge ONLY applies to data used on the WIND
    network.
     WIND Away and US roaming will continue to be billed at $1/MB regardless of
    the amount of data used.

As a reminder the following Pay Your Way data Add-ons were discontinued
    effective March 1st, 2013
     PYW Social Data Add-on (50 MB included│ Extra Data 20₵ MB)
     PYW Social BlackBerry Add-on ( Unlimited BBM & Social Networking)
    Note: Customers that still have the Add-ons on their account have been
    grandfathered. These add-ons are no longer available to be added to new or
    existing accounts.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    only $5 per day.
    Only $ 150 per month?

Be still, my beating heart . . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    only $ 150 per month?

Be still, my beating heart . . . .
    wow! What a great deal!

Feedback Score
    I'm just really glad we get the most u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ up to the minute information from w̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶n̶c̶h̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶e̶r̶s̶ insiders at WIND.

This is the kind of p̶a̶t̶h̶e̶t̶i̶c̶ useful info we need to better manage all our PYW accounts around here, especially those needing data for only 1 day of the month.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendenzi View Post
    I'm just really glad we get the most u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ up to the minute information from w̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶n̶c̶h̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶e̶r̶s̶ insiders at WIND.

This is the kind of p̶a̶t̶h̶e̶t̶i̶c̶ useful info we need to better manage all our PYW accounts around here, especially those needing data for only 1 day of the month.
    I see what you did there TZ.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lmao

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I am one of those PYW users that REALLY used to use it only 4 times a YEAR. So now instead of $40 a year in data spent, it's more like $20/year (All PYW funds extra get transfered to another Wind prepaid account) And the reason for needing that is because their foot print is bigger than Mobi. ... I actually like this new system more than their pay per the 10 minutes used up to 2 hours for $10.. since it would never sense the disconnection properly and tends to end up charging me the full $10 for a day I tried to use it.

Now a slightly different thought... If they actually allowed 5GB to 10GB of data EACH time you paid that $5, some people might actually go for it. It may cost $150 a month, but it is STILL cheaper than using the BIG3's Data that heavily.

Feedback Score
    Price is a bit steep. But this will be good for people visiting from USA for a weekend or week. If someone will be visiting I will just give the SIM with $20 and they are good for 3-4 days.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Andrade View Post
    Price is a bit steep. But this will be good for people visiting from USA for a weekend or week. If someone will be visiting I will just give the SIM with $20 and they are good for 3-4 days.
    If that's the case where they are staying for 3-4 days, you might as well just go with the $30 prepaid plan, gives you unlimited (softcap at 5GB) data, province wide calling and texting for the whole month. The only time I can see the $5/day being any good is if someone only needs data for one or two days or like someone said earlier if they 5GB softcap resets daily (could work out well as a backup internet plan if you have issues with home internet or something).

I think a more reasonable price would have been $3 per day, similar to T-Mobile's plan in the states, $5 just seems like too much in comparison to the price of their plans.

Feedback Score
    compare this to the 1 day and 1 week data pass offered by rogers and fido but usually whenever i find myself wanting to use data, i go over the 1 dollar for 10 mb and pay $5 for 60 mb and if i'm not careful i go over that too. And then i have to pay for another pass. That's why i decided to go with a wind data stick on pay as you go plan when i 1st decided to take a look at wind. Because when compared $5 dollar for 5 gb is cheaper than $5 for 60 mb on fido/rogers. hey if it's too steep they could get a fido week pass for a week for the same price but only gives you 60 mb of data. I find myself whenever i wanted to use data while on fido, i go for the 5 dollar a week plan since the 1 dollar a day plan wasn't giving me enough data for my needs.

So techically this new data plan offered by wind on pay as you go data is cheaper than any of the current data passes offered by the big 3. Ahem only offered by one of the big 3. I never bothered switching to telus because they didn't have this occasional data use plan for sometime users. They would charge you $1/mb, so i stayed with fido/rogers

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell_rose View Post
    compare this to the 1 day and 1 week data pass offered by rogers and fido but usually whenever i find myself wanting to use data, i go over the 1 dollar for 10 mb and pay $5 for 60 mb and if i'm not careful i go over that too. And then i have to pay for another pass. That's why i decided to go with a wind data stick on pay as you go plan when i 1st decided to take a look at wind. Because when compared $5 dollar for 5 gb is cheaper than $5 for 60 mb on fido/rogers. hey if it's too steep they could get a fido week pass for a week for the same price but only gives you 60 mb of data. I find myself whenever i wanted to use data while on fido, i go for the 5 dollar a week plan since the 1 dollar a day plan wasn't giving me enough data for my needs.

So techically this new data plan offered by wind on pay as you go data is cheaper than any of the current data passes offered by the big 3. Ahem only offered by one of the big 3. I never bothered switching to telus because they didn't have this occasional data use plan for sometime users. They would charge you $1/mb, so i stayed with fido/rogers
    If you are with Koodo (Telus flanker) prepaid, you can get 1GB of data for $35, and as long as you keep paying for your base plan, it won't expire until the data is used up.

Feedback Score
    Telus's flanker brand plan pales in comparison to what rogers/fido used to offer until last febuary. I didn't have to pay $35 for 1 gb before. Fido used to only charge me $1 a day for it. Or $3 for one week. Unlimited. And i meant data day passes for one day. Fido used to have 1 dollar a day unlimited data or 3 dollars a week unlimited. The price jackup last febuary made wind's pay as you go data stick a much better deal. I rather pay $5 unlimited for an entire day than $5 with only 60 mb of data. Though it does last for a week, but not feasible. Wind's prepaid pay as you go data plan for $5 for the entire day is now the best deal on the market. Fido now kinda pales in comparision to wind's plan but still doable and reasonable if you're not planning to use more than 10 mb to research something. Depends on your needs I guess. If you are the type when you use data, you use a lot of it then wind is the best choice.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Fido had $1./day unlimited data? That would be $30/month (or $31)? That sounds too good to be true, and I am surprised I didn't know about it. Any reference to this? $3/week? That would make it $12 to $15/month, even better. That seems like an impossible offer from the Big 3.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did find one reference from google:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-...r-week-990113/

It mentions this in the post:
    "The thing is, I was only on a $3 plan, from FIDO's website it's for non-smart phones but do support u/l web browsing and apps' data, however tethering is not included"

I don'k know if they did detect smartphones and non-smartphones devices and would do anything about it. And then about the tethering question is even harder to detect if it is not a Blackberry or iPhone.

And how "unlimited" was this option?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    Fido had $1./day unlimited data? That would be $30/month (or $31)? That sounds too good to be true, and I am surprised I didn't know about it. Any reference to this? $3/week? That would make it $12 to $15/month, even better. That seems like an impossible offer from the Big 3.
    They did. Even worse I actually had a bell UMB plan for $10/month. That data was ... unlimited!!! Yes, it was! Although they said that if they detect tethering, they will charge $30/MB, but the way they "detect" it is if you use a different APN. (that APN till date shows wrong counts for data).

I left it for mobilicity, haha. I dont regret it though, now I have 6GB data and its sufficient for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast