Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pay Your Way Voice Enhancement - $5/Day Unlimited Data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell_rose View Post
    Wind's prepaid pay as you go data plan for $5 for the entire day is now the best deal on the market. Fido now kinda pales in comparision to wind's plan but still doable and reasonable if you're not planning to use more than 10 mb to research something. Depends on your needs I guess. If you are the type when you use data, you use a lot of it then wind is the best choice.
    That is of great help if you are a visitor. If I (say with my wife and 2 tablets) go anywhere on earth for say 2-4 weeks I would love such set up without limitation on tethering.

Daniel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    Fido had $1./day unlimited data? That would be $30/month (or $31)? That sounds too good to be true, and I am surprised I didn't know about it. Any reference to this? $3/week? That would make it $12 to $15/month, even better. That seems like an impossible offer from the Big 3.
    I used to be on fido and it gets even better, 10 dollars a month and it's unlimited data. Kinda regret I didn't subscribe to that addon last year. Would have been a nice grandfathered plan lol. Then after rogers got rid of that plan i went over to wind

Feedback Score
    I used to be on fido and it gets even better, 10 dollars a month and it's unlimited data.
    The $10 UMB options were great. The best was how you could use a Rogers or Fido S60 Symbian device and get completely unlimited full data for that $10, including tethering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    The $10 UMB options were great. The best was how you could use a Rogers or Fido S60 Symbian device and get completely unlimited full data for that $10, including tethering.
    I tried to get tethering going in my buddy's Rogers iphone. I could not make it at all. Really dumb

Daniel

Feedback Score
    i got good speeds with my nadite sony ericisson phone on the fido network. i got hspa speeds on it. And that was also with tethering.

Oh yeah fido had this condition that the good pricing was only offered to normal smartphone users and anyone using a blackberry didn't get the nice data plan and only got limited amounts of data

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i got good speeds with my nadite sony ericisson phone on the fido network. i got hspa speeds on it. And that was also with tethering.

Oh yeah fido had this condition that the good pricing was only offered to normal smartphone users and anyone using a blackberry didn't get the nice data plan and only got limited amounts of data
    Smartphone? I thought it was for dumb phone especially if it said UMB plan.do they limit to their own IMEI database? Must have some limitation as it was too crazy a deal.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using HowardForums
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    my phone was one of those phones that could tether via usb connection, and i got hspa data speed on it and fido never detected it. I could do basic mobile net browsing at hspa speeds and operate one or two internet apps like an irc app. I think it also depends on the type of phone you have and if it can do undetectable tethering. Last febuary i got a text that fido was discontinuing their unlimited data pass plans. Too many people taking advantage of the sweet *** deal I guess. It didn't have that many restrictions if you knew how to get around them. At the time fido also classed what would be smartphones as mobile phones. So yeah, i guess it was too good of a deal for them to be offering and they scrapped it.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Smartphone? I thought it was for dumb phone especially if it said UMB plan.do they limit to their own IMEI database? Must have some limitation as it was too crazy a deal.

You didn't get the internet APN, so some ports were limited, other than that, not really. It was an excellent deal for the time.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score

Rogers did but bell did not.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    You didn't get the internet APN, so some ports were limited, other than that, not really. It was an excellent deal for the time.
    Some versions of UMB at Rogers and Fido did include access to the full access points. If your phone was eligible for UMB, dependent on IMEI, you could use any access point (including internet.com for Rogers) that you wanted. At that point, the only difference between UMB and full data plans was the selection of phones.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    Some versions of UMB at Rogers and Fido did include access to the full access points. If your phone was eligible for UMB, dependent on IMEI, you could use any access point (including internet.com for Rogers) that you wanted. At that point, the only difference between UMB and full data plans was the selection of phones.
    Ok, now I remember about that deal, thanks for the extra info that helped me to recall that memory. I now remember that only a few smartphones qualify and must buy those models so I told a few friends about it, but nobody used it. Before that, we found the PC Mobile method so that was not too important.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2