Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ascend G312 Handset Sale

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ascend G312 Handset Sale

Between Tuesday April 23rd and Monday May 6th, 2013, the Huawei Ascend G312
    will be on sale for $179 – a savings of $50 off the regular price!

WIND Huawei Ascend G312 Sale Price Effective April 23rd – May 6th, 2013
    Phone
    Huawei G312
    Sale Price
    $179
    WIND20
    $79
    WIND30
    $0
    WIND40
    $0
    The temporary sale price for the Huawei Ascend G312 is available to all new and
    existing WIND customers.

Feedback Score
    Makes sense, I saw dozens of people lining up outside some of their stores this week, wasn't sure what it was for, but this confirms it.

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hahahahahahahahahahahah

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a decent phone, better than my Nexus S .-.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    It is actually a decent phone especially for the price.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    It is actually a decent phone especially for the price.
    Yup. This phone is now just a hair more expensive than what I paid for my Huawei U8100 about 2.5 years ago. The difference is just striking, so much more phone for your money!

On the other hand, at that price I'd personally look very hard into Windows Phones. For example Virgin's HTC 8S is a great deal at $150 and I believe that one's AWS compatible. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by popk View Post
    Yup. This phone is now just a hair more expensive than what I paid for my Huawei U8100 about 2.5 years ago. The difference is just striking, so much more phone for your money!

On the other hand, at that price I'd personally look very hard into Windows Phones. For example Virgin's HTC 8S is a great deal at $150 and I believe that one's AWS compatible. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
    You'll have a hard time converting Android folk to Windows devices.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Windoze and phone - the only time those words make sense is when I toss the phone thru a window.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using HowardForums

Android kills competition
    visualize whirled peas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    You'll have a hard time converting Android folk to Windows devices.
    I switched to Windows Phone after going through a few Android phones. But I always have used multiple platforms so maybe that made it easier for me.

But I don't think diehard Android fans really buy phones at this price and this is more of a casual or a first smartphone user territory. For their needs I found cheaper Windows phones tend to be a bit more troublefree than similiarily priced Android. However I'm probably underestimating the difference in apps for many users.

Regardless, I'm just happy to see now there are phones like this and HTC 8S available for under $200. It's a big improvement from the days of Huawei U8100 and Nokia 5230.

Feedback Score
    Windows phone will give you a far better experience in the low end, simply because Android is so power hungry while Windows phone is buttery smooth with any processor.

The HTC 8S is POS however due to the 4G internal storage and the inability to store apps on the micro SD card. It also gets lousy RF reception.

The best bang for the buck Wind phone is a used Lumia 710 for around $100. Great reception and a good overall phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapGeek View Post
    Windows phone will give you a far better experience in the low end, simply because Android is so power hungry while Windows phone is buttery smooth with any processor.

The HTC 8S is POS however due to the 4G internal storage and the inability to store apps on the micro SD card. It also gets lousy RF reception.

The best bang for the buck Wind phone is a used Lumia 710 for around $100. Great reception and a good overall phone.

Yup with a 3hour battery life

Feedback Score
    Battery life is actually surprisingly good considering the tiny battery. As a GPS it will easily outlast my Nexus 4.

The biggest downside is the 8GB internal storage, of which only about 6 1/2 are available. But for the price you really can't complain.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I'd say the biggest down side of the 710 is the lack of IE10, as IE9 is really mediocre.

The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapGeek View Post

Android isn't too bad with needing strong specs, for example the nexus s I used to have with a cortex a8 @ 1GHz and 512MB ram actually ran quite smoothly.

The major issue with lower end Android phones is that manufacturers tend to throw in sub 1GHz processors with either cortex a5 architecture or even arm11 based.

If you wait for a good deal though you can pick up some pretty amazing phones for fairly little, like the HTC amaze 4g which was being sold for $150 with a dual core processor, 1GB of ram, 16GB internal storage with microSD and support for all HSPA north American bands.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I'd say the biggest down side of the 710 is the lack of IE10, as IE9 is really mediocre.

Android is the only operating system which will allow you to install different browser engines. However, I still prefer the browsing experience of Windows Phone or iOS as they are much more fluid.

While IE9 sucks for html5 compatibility, I have yet to hit a website where I couldn't actually use it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast