Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ascend G312 Handset Sale

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    I didn't mean to start a Windows vs. Android debate just stated that IMO most android people will not move to Windows.
    And the Ascend G312 has a 1.4GHZ processor and 1GB of ram which is actually pretty snappy, i have used it for a week and i truly think this device is worth it at this price. It was actually worth it''s $229- price tag IMO.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't mind 1GB RAM. Single core processor + 512MB can really cause bottleneck performance easily for me

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapGeek View Post
    Android is the only operating system which will allow you to install different browser engines. However, I still prefer the browsing experience of Windows Phone or iOS as they are much more fluid.

While IE9 sucks for html5 compatibility, I have yet to hit a website where I couldn't actually use it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums
    try nb.translink.ca - pretty important for one of Wind's largest markets

The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humza View Post
    I wouldn't mind 1GB RAM. Single core processor + 512MB can really cause bottleneck performance easily for me
    yeah, that's the other drawback of the lumia 710. websites are becoming incredibly demanding. fortunately 4GB is the max that 32-bit supports, so eventually we'll hit a limit that website designers have to work within, but for the time being, RAM is one if the biggest reasons that a device will go obsolete. a single core processor might run slow, but with enough RAM it can still handle the same content

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    a single core processor might run slow, but with enough RAM it can still handle the same content

Within reason a decent single core processor can handle content if it has enough ram, but if we're talking about the arm11 or cortex-a5 cores that manufacturers like to put in low-end phones, even with 512MB of ram (for example the Galaxy Discover with a 800MHz cortex-a5), they are slower than molasses and can have apps crashing from taking too long to load. Phones that have a cortex-a8 or equivalent like the original galaxy s or nexus s can handle content decently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    try nb.translink.ca - pretty important for one of Wind's largest markets

That site works fine on my Lumia 710. Browser compatibility should be the least of your worries. Most sites today are still designed for IE6. The latest version of jquery (which most sites use) still supports IE9, so sites that are being designed today and probably for some time in the future will still work on the older windows phones.

If you need a reason to hate the Lumia ( or any other Windows phone), it's because the app store is like a third world country. Definitely doesn't get the love that iOS or Android gets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2