Thread: downloading photos to laptop from Tracfone LG290c

Feedback Score

downloading photos to laptop from Tracfone LG290c

I have a Tracfone LG290C phone, and love it. It has worked flawlessly for as long as I have had it. However, I have a lot of family photos on it, and can not figure out how to get them from the phone to my laptop. I bought a cord that was supposed to work, but my computer says it does not read / recognise it. snyone tell me exactly how to transfer my photos? Is it even possible? Thanks.
    mahalo,
    Wayne Benshoof

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne benshoof View Post
    I have a Tracfone LG290C phone, and love it. It has worked flawlessly for as long as I have had it. However, I have a lot of family photos on it, and can not figure out how to get them from the phone to my laptop. I bought a cord that was supposed to work, but my computer says it does not read / recognise it. snyone tell me exactly how to transfer my photos? Is it even possible? Thanks.
    mahalo,
    Wayne Benshoof
    Probably need to use the bluetooth feature on your phone.

Feedback Score
    You can email everything or else you can use Bluetooth. You have to use a special Bluetooth procedure for this phone, because the normal way isn't available. For further information, just go to a search engine and start typing LG290C and one of the suggestions will be picture transfer. The phone has been around long enough for a pile of information to have built up. I'm not being rude, I just don't feel like writing a huge thing again whenever this question gets asked. Also check this forum for older threads, there are some.

Tracfone innards are not accessible by cable. The only thing a cable can access is a removable memory card. Many newer phones have a card slot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't use my 290C much any more but last I had a few photos to move I hooked up via USB and the phone showed up with a DCIM folder that had the photos in it. You may need to install a driver.

Feedback Score
    I just connected my 290c to my Windows 8 PC. The PC detects it as "LG CDMA USB modem" but no driver is installed. After I clicked "update driver", it searched but found no driver for it. If I remember it right, I unload picture via bluetooth and never through USB cable.

Device(s)
    j3 1st generation, lg b470, rugby 2
    Carrier(s)
    at&t 2008-2009, tracfone 2009-2017, at&t 2017-2019, metroPCS 2019-present
    Feedback Score

what driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    I don't use my 290C much any more but last I had a few photos to move I hooked up via USB and the phone showed up with a DCIM folder that had the photos in it. You may need to install a driver.
    what driver did you use????

PLEEEASE TELL US!! WE NEED IT!
    PLEASE!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Wow! Resurrecting a post almost 7 yrs old.

Feedback Score
    I had this phone. You cannot use a cable. You have to use a trick to get the Bluetooth to do it. It involves several steps. You will just have to research it.

This phone will become obsolete soon, but the pictures aren't going anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg442bg View Post
    what driver did you use?
    I remember having to install a special driver to read some old phones by USB, but that was in the days of Widows XP. Have you tried to do this with a more modern computer? I don't remember being able to read the internal storage of basic phones, just the SD card.

Feedback Score
    As mentioned, any phone I had that couldn't upload/download with a cable could from the SD card. This phone has an SD card slot. Can't you even move the photos on the internal storage to the SD card on this phone? If so do that. If you still can't access the SD card even with a cable take the SD out, stick in one of those "cheap $6" SanDisk miroSD card-USB adapters and pop it in your computer. Done.
    I've used that methods tons for uploads and downloads. Those adapters are a cheap investment to make transfer life easier.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Me...C-TF/560265215

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I had this phone. You cannot use a cable. You have to use a trick to get the Bluetooth to do it. It involves several steps. You will just have to research it.

This phone will become obsolete soon, but the pictures aren't going anywhere.
    Found this very old thread on the Bluetooth method.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-File-Transfer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    This phone has an SD card slot.
    The LG 290C does not have an SD card. Bluetooth methods was the only way, and it was always iffy.