Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are you feeling forced to keep Verizon?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Honestly, "BEST" doesn't mean you need to have 100% signal in 100% of places in the U.S.... all you have to do is be "BETTER" than everyone else and then you're considered the "BEST".

Also, everyone needs to realize that the "BEST" carrier in one area may not be the "BEST" carrier in another area. If we are talking about specific areas, then yes the "BEST" carrier can be considered AT&T, or Sprint, or T-Mobile, or whoever. If we are talking about specific categories (such as customer service, phone selection, data speed, pricing, etc), then yes the "BEST" carrier can be considered AT&T, or Sprint, or T-Mobile, or whoever.

That being said, based on available data available to the public (including bulk customer reviews, professional 3rd party reviews, professional analyst comparisons such as http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...etrics-report/, past performance data figures, active data collection & consolidation websites, etc), the general consensus is that:

VERIZON WIRELESS is generally the "BEST" overall in coverage within the United States, most reliable service (I assume this means constant signal and ability to make calls without cutting out), LTE coverage, consistent LTE speed, among other things.

AT&T WIRELESS is generally the "BEST" overall in highest recorded data speeds in any market (meaning in recorded comparisons AT&T's network hosted the fastest data speed record at some location some time in the past)... and other than that I can't remember off the top of my head what else they are "BEST" overall at (but probably some other stuff too).

Now of course some people may disagree with these statements, and may use their personal experiences to back it up. In those particular cases, maybe it's true the "BEST" carrier for that particular individual isn't Verizon Wireless (or whatever carrier they're arguing against). But that doesn't change the overall results that were determined by several sources of information and data at hand over a number of years from several hundred of thousands of reviews/experiences from all corners of the U.S.

Now can we just put this argument to bed?
    Last edited by chokaay; 04-26-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Inserted link to Root Metrics article.
    - Chokaay

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by chokaay View Post
    Honestly, "BEST" doesn't mean you need to have 100% signal in 100% of places in the U.S.... all you have to do is be "BETTER" than everyone else and then you're considered the "BEST".

Also, everyone needs to realize that the "BEST" carrier in one area may not be the "BEST" carrier in another area. If we are talking about specific areas, then yes the "BEST" carrier can be considered AT&T, or Sprint, or T-Mobile, or whoever. If we are talking about specific categories (such as customer service, phone selection, data speed, pricing, etc), then yes the "BEST" carrier can be considered AT&T, or Sprint, or T-Mobile, or whoever.

That being said, based on available data available to the public (including bulk customer reviews, professional 3rd party reviews, professional analyst comparisons such as http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...etrics-report/, past performance data figures, active data collection & consolidation websites, etc), the general consensus is that:

VERIZON WIRELESS is generally the "BEST" overall in coverage within the United States, most reliable service (I assume this means constant signal and ability to make calls without cutting out), LTE coverage, consistent LTE speed, among other things.

AT&T WIRELESS is generally the "BEST" overall in highest recorded data speeds in any market (meaning in recorded comparisons AT&T's network hosted the fastest data speed record at some location some time in the past)... and other than that I can't remember off the top of my head what else they are "BEST" overall at (but probably some other stuff too).

Now of course some people may disagree with these statements, and may use their personal experiences to back it up. In those particular cases, maybe it's true the "BEST" carrier for that particular individual isn't Verizon Wireless (or whatever carrier they're arguing against). But that doesn't change the overall results that were determined by several sources of information and data at hand over a number of years from several hundred of thousands of reviews/experiences from all corners of the U.S.

Now can we just put this argument to bed?
    Yawn, honestly who gives a sh... about surveys and opinions? There is only one opinion that matters, the opinion of the subscriber footing the bill. I could care less which survey anoints the golden child of wireless networks, I care about which carrier provides the best service and value to me.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabster View Post
    The golden rule of cellular is (and always has been) LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
    That pretty much sums up this thread. I'm tempted to steal that line from you and use it as my signature.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Yawn, honestly who gives a sh... about surveys and opinions? There is only one opinion that matters, the opinion of the subscriber footing the bill. I could care less which survey anoints the golden child of wireless networks, I care about which carrier provides the best service and value to me.
    Obviously, this is true. However, it is often difficult to know where one is going to go over the next two years, and even if you did, hard to predict the coverage and performance at those locations. When one is signing two-year agreements, reputation, surveys, and word-of-mouth can be useful tools when making a decision that will cost you thousands of dollars.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Because everything you read on the web must be true. And because only JD Power surveys matter. Let's not forget Sprint has won JD Power awards as well. And so has Net 10. I guess when you survey less than 10% of the customers, that minority speaks for the majority. It's an easy sell.
    Well I'm sure it's no where near as scientific as YOUR Verizon surveys.

I've already dealt with quite a few problems today with Verizon. But I guess no other areas of the US have Verizon issues and it works a dream! Well, that's what some would like you to believe.
    There it is folks - the comprehensive survey from the JD Whitetigergrowl Research Corporation!

Some will preach the virtues of Verizon even as Verizon has them bent over. They will also turn an opinion into their own version of fact for the rest of the US. They will ignore and downplay those with issues while up playing other Verizon areas.
    ...as was seen in the JD Power surveys. Verizon customers were clearly disgruntled when compared to the other wireless providers. No, wait!

Long story short I would almost bet quite a few would have no clue what carrier they were using if it was a blind 'taste' test. Like the old Coke vs Pepsi throwdowns. They would say it's most definitely their favorite carrier. When it's not.
    TRANSLATION: I got nothin' here. Let me rant on to pad my otherwise meaningless arguments...

And the beat goes on.
    Yes it does. Aren't you getting tired of your emotionally-driven tripe?

Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Kinda...Honestly if I lived in the city, I would probably be with Virgin Mobile. I like Verizon because of the coverage. I've had 3 dropped calls in the 2 years I've been with Verizon. I like having a strong signal wherever I go.

I just hate that Verizon Prepaid is so expensive compared to other prepaid carriers and dealers. I wish they would add 4G LTE to their prepaid smartphone line.
    I Am Perfection
    -Jarrett178

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kupe View Post
    Well I'm sure it's no where near as scientific as YOUR Verizon surveys.

There it is folks - the comprehensive survey from the JD Whitetigergrowl Research Corporation!
    And there it is folks, someone giving useless input and trolling the threads with nothing of use to say or to contribute.

...as was seen in the JD Power surveys. Verizon customers were clearly disgruntled when compared to the other wireless providers. No, wait!
    And if I understand correctly, you can more or less buy your way to the top of their "Customer Satisfaction Survey." The same J.D. Power that puts out those surveys also coincidentally sells consulting services for companies that (for whatever reason) aren't making the grade. What the J.D. Powers people do has a lot less to do with consumer satisfaction than it has to do with making money. I also don't trust a minority of people being surveyed to represent the majority and their experiences.

Same with Net 10. Same with Sams Club. Same with Sprint. They ALL (and others) have received JD Power awards in regards to customer service. But when you are only getting 50,000 out of over 100 million people surveyed, you are surveying less than 1% of the total number of customers, you are putting your faith and belief into a minority of people based who knows where and who knows on what qualifications.

If I see Straight Talk get a JD Power award I know then that JD Power has jumped the shark. And a few times it's gotten close as is. There are many surveys all with different variables, qualifications, etc. that all can and have give different results.

I remember I posted one awhile back where ATT beat Verizon in the Upper Midwest. Verizon fanboys started spitting fire and calling it lies because it wasn't JD Power. That says something about the survey mentality. Go with what works at the time as long as you hear or see what you want to.

JD Power is one of MANY survey companies.

TRANSLATION: I got nothin' here. Let me rant on to pad my otherwise meaningless arguments...
    Yep, sounds like you have got nothing other than to troll. How about the next time you respond to mine or anyone elses posts, it comments directly on the content with a thought out response rather than stupid one liners.

Yes it does. Aren't you getting tired of your emotionally-driven tripe?
    Aren't you getting tired of trolling while contributing NOTHING to the forum or the discussion? Or do you just like to make useless comments that make you happy but have no bearing on the conversation?

I don't care if you don't like my opinions or what I or others are experiencing with Verizon here or elsewhere. Surveys don't mean crap to those experiencing issues. Or when they keep getting told they will get a call back and never ever do. Or that a network team will be sent out in a few days (as told by corporate) and never was (to me and many others here). Would you call that great customer service?

There is zero doubt that there are network issues where I live. It's been gradually getting worse and worse. I and many others have called into Verizon (I did yesterday again) about previously mentioned issues. We always get told the same thing such as they will call us back, send a network team out, etc etc. and nothing ever happens. Ever.

There is no doubt that the network here is starting to get strained. (ATTs is too but at least they have been improving backhaul, adding more towers, etc). I and others have had multiple text messages fail. Received voicemails but didn't miss any calls. (Yes they were calling me directly.) Delayed 15-30 second waits to even have the call connect. Etc Etc.

So, how many here have been contacted by JD Power and Associates? And for what and when?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    And there it is folks...

<SNIP>

...So, how many here have been contacted by JD Power and Associates? And for what and when?
    I saved everyone the trouble of having to plow through your lengthy, otherwise empty post. You made unsubstantiated claims about Verizon's quality in post #38. I countered with industry-respected sources in post #40. You attempt to impeach JD Power with unsubstantiated, personal opinions about how JD Powers is not credible in your last post. Really? That's all you got? The length of your posts seem inversely proportional to their credibility/veracity. I suppose we're all in store for a really long post out of you for that statement.

While your doing some real research, you might want to go review the definition of troll. It doesn't mean, "person you disagree with" no matter how hard you claim it.

To answer your question, I've been contacted by JD Power twice - possibly because I hold accounts with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T (and one of the times I also had a T-Mobile account. Maybe they look for multiple service customers in their surveys. The surveys were based on Customer Service and Call Quality.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardwalkNJ View Post
    T-Mobile is $50 for the line, $30 for the second, and $10 for each line after. For the OP to have 2 lines with unlimited data and two dumb phones with 500mb of data, It would be $120 and $40 for the EIP. To keep unlimited data with Verizon, he must pay full price for his phones.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using HowardForums
    Actually if your getting a "dumb phone" the EIP isn't $20 a month. The $20 is for expensive phones like the iPhone, GS4, Note 2 etc.

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So, how many here have been contacted by JD Power and Associates? And for what and when?

I have twice in 2009 for vehicles I purchased, twice more the same year for followup surveys on how satisfied I am with the vehicles (and other questions), and then twice more about a year later on how satisfied I am with the vehicles (and other questions). Each survey is pretty lengthy and detailed, and many questions are short "essay" type.

Why they picked me, I dunno...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kupe View Post
    I saved everyone the trouble of having to plow through your lengthy, otherwise empty post. You made unsubstantiated claims about Verizon's quality in post #38. I countered with industry-respected sources in post #40. You attempt to impeach JD Power with unsubstantiated, personal opinions about how JD Powers is not credible in your last post. Really? That's all you got? The length of your posts seem inversely proportional to their credibility/veracity. I suppose we're all in store for a really long post out of you for that statement.

While your doing some real research, you might want to go review the definition of troll. It doesn't mean, "person you disagree with" no matter how hard you claim it.

To answer your question, I've been contacted by JD Power twice - possibly because I hold accounts with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T (and one of the times I also had a T-Mobile account. Maybe they look for multiple service customers in their surveys. The surveys were based on Customer Service and Call Quality.

First off, I'm mentioning the quality here, not everywhere in the United States, unlike what some people are doing. Where they use the quality of the network where they are at, plus pointless surveys used primarily as advertising beacons, as proof positive of how the rest of the network must be. Who also tend to get all defensive and start accusing people of lying or being wrong even though they know nothing of the network quality there. Instead pointing to stupid surveys and it 'being Verizon' to try and counter it.

As well as by trying to use 'surveys' and other crap most people really put no stock in. One case and point was the post in response to your survey post trying to defend JD Power. The majority of people put almost no stock in surveys. For good reasons.

Heck last night on TV I saw some online retailer supposedly won a JD Power award for customer service. (They were using it as a selling prop for sure.) It was some flower company I've never heard of. Was one of those 'hmmmmm' moments for sure.

You also did not substantiate anything. All you did was link to survey crap most smart people don't care about. Surveys are a dime a dozen. And some HAVE contradicted JD Power results.

A troll is doing what you did a few posts up. You responded with nothing but one liners and attacks and added ZERO anything to the conversation.

I'm really curious what the qualification is of being surveyed by JD Power which no one can seem to answer. So far you and one other person have been contacted twice. Yet I and others have never been surveyed for anything by them. Interesting how some people can be interviewed multiple times while others never see a JD Power survey once in their life. So either it's purely random with some people scoring it more than once. Or there are certain criteria that have to be met to be surveyed. Which of course would counter it being 'random'. Which can make a difference in results as well if you survey the same people over and over. You will be more likely to get the same results over and over.

All you are doing is going by the name of the company and not questioning any of its credibility. And if you want to say that somehow less than 1% of a companies user base being interviewed is reflective of the entire user base, well then you're welcome to. But as I have said before, they are in this to make money.

I'm not the only one that also is having these issues here. I deal with it on an almost daily basis. I hear about it often as well from people. AND I feel I have been fair enough in WHY some of the issues could be happening. But you seem to of failed to pay attention to that. However Verizons response to I and others here has been less than good.

On top of that Verizon is being booted off ATTs towers in June. Completely. So coverage here may fluctuate as well since Verizon has done little to nothing to plug those roaming holes. The Black Hills as a whole has around an estimated 500,000 people. Let alone the millions of tourists and the 500,000+ that show up for the Sturgis Rally on top of that. NONE of this is something to sneeze at. And Verizons inactions WILL and do affect people.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't see much hope where you live whitetigergrowl. Where you live, does VZW see much incentive to fix anything when they know their only competition will be AT&T?

Nope. It's like where I live where VZW's only competition is a weakened, dying ATN owned Alltel, in the process of selling this market to AT&T.

It sucks, but there isn't much that can be done. It does bother me there are some trolling on this thread that take pleasure in VZW fleecing customers, but that's a different story.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

On top of that Verizon is being booted off ATTs towers in June. Completely. So coverage here may fluctuate as well since Verizon has done little to nothing to plug those roaming holes. The Black Hills as a whole has around an estimated 500,000 people. Let alone the millions of tourists and the 500,000+ that show up for the Sturgis Rally on top of that. NONE of this is something to sneeze at. And Verizons inactions WILL and do affect people.
    I guess all of that native LTE will just vanish? Too funny

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    Phone service will vanish if what he says is accurate and they rely on roaming from their towers for 3g.... So no... it isn't funny.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    He's speaking of the areas where CDMA inter market roaming between Verizon and what was once Alltel existed. AT&T has an obligation to maintain CDMA where Alltel once was. What's ending is the intermarket roaming accord between Verizon and Alltel. You think AT&T has any interest in maintaining that? They don't want to. They want to eventually be able to shut down all remaining CDMA operations they inherited.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast