Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mobility Administrative Fee

Feedback Score

New Mobility Administrative Fee

Anyone noticed this on there bill?. Its new and effective from May 1st. Can this be used as a reason to cancel contract?.

MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
    Effective May 1, 2013, the Administrative Fee will be $0.61 per
    line per month for Consumer and Individual Responsibility User
    (IRU) lines. For more information about the Administrative Fee,
    please visit att.com/additionalcharges.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: New Mobility Administrative Fee

It's a below the line charge... good luck.
    You might be able to within 30 days.

I still think that 'b' is an attempt to charge customers for cost of business that should be part of standard cost of service.

*Administrative Fee (Consumer and Individual Responsibility User (IRU) lines only)

The Administrative Fee helps defray certain expenses AT&T incurs, including but not limited to: (a) charges AT&T or its agents pay to interconnect with other carriers to deliver calls from AT&T customers to their customers; and (b) charges associated with cell site rents and maintenance.
    Other AT&T Surcharges
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using HowardForums
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Several years ago a cellular caller had to pay $0.10 per call to connect to a landline number. It seems that $0.61 per month is a lot less than the former charges.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Several years ago a cellular caller had to pay $0.10 per call to connect to a landline number. It seems that $0.61 per month is a lot less than the former charges.
    I can pay Skype $2.50/month for unlimited calling. I suspect that this is a method of at&t changing their cost structure to unlimited voice with shared data and recoup any costs with below the line fees vs. price (can't compete or change contacts) and share holder's won't take it.

Several years ago, SMS was also $0.05 to send, and free to receive, Canada roaming was $9.99/month with just used plan minutes too.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    It's a below the line charge... good luck.
    You might be able to within 30 days.

I still think that 'b' is an attempt to charge customers for cost of business that should be part of standard cost of service.

*Administrative Fee (Consumer and Individual Responsibility User (IRU) lines only)

The Administrative Fee helps defray certain expenses AT&T incurs, including but not limited to: (a) charges AT&T or its agents pay to interconnect with other carriers to deliver calls from AT&T customers to their customers; and (b) charges associated with cell site rents and maintenance.
    Other AT&T Surcharges
    It's still part of your full bill and monthly charge to access service, regardless of how ATT labels it. They could have a $5 a month service plan and a $75 a month 'admin charge'. It's all money owed to ATT.

This should be a reason to cancel if ATT still has the standard contract most carriers used when I had a contract. It's a materially adverse action (more money) that ATT is doing.

These companies and even some Stockholm syndrome people say you're trying to screw a company out or some such blah blah. You aren't - ATT wrote their contract and you're taking your liberty to cancel without penalty if they change it. It's a simple business thing - nothing more. ATT isn't your cousin you're ripping off or a friend you stole a bike from.

Lastly - the only thing you can't cancel for and ATT can't control are taxes. If a legitimate tax (not a surcharge or fee) goes up, you have to pay with no recourse - except to vote differently I suppose.

Feedback Score
    I got this response from ATT regarding this fee. Its ridiculous they are charging for tower rents and maintenance.

Consistent with similar fees charged by other carriers, the monthly fee of 61 cents per line will help cover certain expenses, such as the charges AT&T or its agents pay to interconnect with other carriers to deliver calls from AT&T customers to our customers; and cell site rents and maintenance.

For some time some of our competitors have been assessing this type of charge to defray various costs, including network-related costs, and they typically have done so through a separate fee called an administrative fee or charge. Until now, AT&T has not charged such a fee, but it will help defray a small portion of certain expenses and we are using a name for the fee that has become common in the industry

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    It's plagiarism. Content thievery. Welcome to the Internet, sadly.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't think anyone can get out of their contract over this change. A few folks might shortly after the new charge is applied, until management catches on an puts an end to it. Has happened the same way over the past several years. It can't hurt to ask, but be forewarned.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score

This is AT&Ts Wireless Service Agreement

Section 1.3

"1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.
    IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE’LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE."

So you would need to go digging for your Customer Service Summary (available somewhere in the OLAM) and find out if this charge puts your monthly fee above the limits which you agreed to when you signed the contract. Otherwise I can expect them to give you a hard time as it says that the governmental fees may be increased based on their calculations. Unless this is just an AT&T imposed fee in which case I believe that you should be allowed to cancel out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Droiiiiiiiiid View Post
    This is AT&Ts Wireless Service Agreement

Section 1.3

"1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?
    Yes they are giving me a hard time. I am aware of this section and haven't brought this up yet.

Used point 7 of CTIA policy --> att.com/ctiachecklist as suggested by many sites.

Provide customers the right to terminate service for changes to contract terms.
    Carriers will not modify the material terms of their subscribers' contracts in a manner that is materially adverse to subscribers without providing a reasonable advance notice of a proposed modification and allowing subscribers a time period of not less than 14 days to cancel their contracts with no early termination fee.
    I will bring up section 1.3 in my next conversation.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Why fight over $0.61? Wait for something significant.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Why fight over $0.61? Wait for something significant.
    Its not so much the $0.61 but the possible breach of contract on AT&Ts part which would allow a user to cancel w/o ETF

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Droiiiiiiiiid View Post
    ........which would allow a user to cancel w/o ETF
    You might think so, but not a realistic expectation.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

One would have to show a MATERIALLY ADVERSE effect from 61˘. Can anyone do that?

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast