Page 211 of 231 FirstFirst ... 111 161 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3460

Thread: OFFICIAL: Tracfone/Net10 Phone Deals

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Basically, to unlock the phone, TF requires that you've paid at least 12 months of service for that phone (using 30-day, 60-day, 90-day, 1-year cards, or monthly plan). Some people were told by TF reps that the bundled 1-yr that comes with HSN, QVC, Ebay phone does not count as paid service, but that is incorrect, it does count. Also, you must actually used that phone for at least 12 months. Activating it or paid for 12 months ahead then transfer to another phone does not count.
    How can you prove that, if you used the phone as BYOP... because all that was needed to activate it, is supplying/registering the TF SIM CARD Credentials not the phone serial number/manufacturer itself.... they don't even ask for the brand name.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    How can you prove that, if you used the phone as BYOP... because all that was needed to activate it, is supplying/registering the TF SIM CARD Credentials not the phone serial number/manufacturer itself.... they don't even ask for the brand name.
    I'm not sure what you meant by "if you used the phone as BYOP". The phone is a TF-branded phone, which has its IMEI and the original SIM's number paired together in TF system. If you put a BYOP SIM into the phone, or you take the original SIM and use it in another phone, TF knows that there's some kind of SIM swapping going on (the carrier's system knows the IMEI and SIM involved in a call). As far as allowing the call to go through, TF is not enforcing against SIM-swapping, but I think they do use the info to keep track for unlocking purpose.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Basically, to unlock the phone, TF requires that you've paid at least 12 months of service for that phone (using 30-day, 60-day, 90-day, 1-year cards, or monthly plan). Some people were told by TF reps that the bundled 1-yr that comes with HSN, QVC, Ebay phone does not count as paid service, but that is incorrect, it does count. Also, you must actually used that phone for at least 12 months. Activating it or paid for 12 months ahead then transfer to another phone does not count.
    Thanks, makes sense.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what you meant by "if you used the phone as BYOP". The phone is a TF-branded phone, which has its IMEI and the original SIM's number paired together in TF system. If you put a BYOP SIM into the phone, or you take the original SIM and use it in another phone, TF knows that there's some kind of SIM swapping going on (the carrier's system knows the IMEI and SIM involved in a call). As far as allowing the call to go through, TF is not enforcing against SIM-swapping, but I think they do use the info to keep track for unlocking purpose.

No, I don't think the IOS are TF branded phones (locked but not branded) ... nowhere the TF name is to be found on the Apple's... I don't think Apple allows any carrier to brand any of its phones/ products... are you kidding? the most valued CO in the world having a third party name on its products!
    Another thing that TF has no working relationship with Apple: TF says that there is no warranty on IOS phones; but you can only return it within 30 days for a refund, or you have to deal with Apple on your own.

From experience all that TF ask when activating a BYOP is the ID on TF SIM Card number; and they use that as the IMEI and SIM and nothing else when I had to activate a BYOP.

The recent purchase I made looks like they are improving their control , if you buy an Apple or another expensive phone from them on SALE
    or with A PLAN : It comes with a Serial Number / IMEI and SIM Number on a red card ( I posted it 2 days ago: Post 3141 showing what I received in the package, and I deleted those numbers on the card)
    which you're supposed to use when activating it with the new requirement to buy a Monthly Plan Card .... and that way they have some control over it!

And today I received this email: 2nd Pic... never seen that before.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by meetoo88; 12-03-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    From experience all they ask when activating a BYOP is the ID of TF SIM Card number; and they use that as the IMEI and SIM and nothing else when I had to activate a BYOP.
    I'm not sure why BYOP gets into the picture when we were discussing TF unlocking policy which involves only TF-branded phones.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why BYOP gets into the picture when we were discussing TF unlocking policy which involves only TF-branded phones.

Because they could be used as BYOP... and that is why TF started requiring a buyer to also buy a Plan card... and once they activate it with a plan card, TF will have that phone on file, and will not allow any other usage, like just buying the cheap minutes/cards with buckets.

When used as a BYOP, it will be hard to keep track if there is a request to unlock, if it's to be allowed or not...

and I just received a check from Rak.

Feedback Score

Because they could be used as BYOP... and that is why TF started requiring a buyer to also buy a Plan card... and once they activate it with a plan card, TF will have that phone on file, and will not allow any other usage, like just buying the cheap minutes/cards with buckets.

When used as a BYOP, it will be hard to keep track if there is a request to unlock, if it's to be allowed or not...

Just got my 6s refurb in the mail. Looks brand new and battery percent is 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Just got my 6s refurb in the mail. Looks brand new and battery percent is 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think they are all pretty much new, if not brand new; because Tracfone will not accept any Apple returns after 30 days.

Feedback Score

Apple Warranty

I have good news for those who bought Apple 6S (refurbished) :

TF says on warranty for those Apple phones is 0... you only have 30 days for Returns only.

It's not true ... you have better than that: Warranty from Apple itself which can be up to one year.

To find out the details you go to <SETTINGS> then <GENERAL> then <ABOUT> then <LIMITED WARRANTY> . and that will give you details of the warranty, and for how long (depending on the date of original purchase by the first owner! ).

Mine says it expires 10/10/2020 which means it was first bought/activated on 10/10/2019.

PS: <subject> means you have to press that to get to the details...

If there is no <LIMITED WARRANTY> that means it's older than 1 year!

Feedback Score

I recently purchased an Iphone 6s from tracfone with the $20 plan, and have since transferred all my bucket minutes, and texts, and service time over to it

Device(s)
    various tracfones
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

proving year of service

When I bought my 6s, I talked with customer service about unlocking the phone when using the 90 day cards. He suggested that I keep the cards as that would make it easier to prove I had been on TracFone for a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwater View Post
    I recently purchased an Iphone 6s from tracfone with the $20 plan, and have since transferred all my bucket minutes, and texts, and service time over to it

Did you initially activate the $20 Plan Card with the SIM Card that came with it?

Or you just transferred all the buckets from another phone including the phone # and the SIM card... and did not activate the $20 Plan Card or use the SIM that came with it?

Feedback Score
    Did you initially activate the $20 Plan Card with the SIM Card that came with it?

Or you just transferred all the buckets from another phone including the phone # and the SIM card... and did not activate the $20 Plan Card or use the SIM that came with it?
    I purchased the phone activated with the $20 plan, tried it for awhile to make sure everything worked, and then I called in and had my other phone number and minutes transferred over to it. I was told that after the one month card expired I would be on my bucket minutes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwater View Post
    I purchased the phone activated with the $20 plan, tried it for awhile to make sure everything worked, and then I called in and had my other phone number and minutes transferred over to it. I was told that after the one month card expired I would be on my bucket minutes.
    Thanks !
    that's helpful to know... you are not stuck using those $20 monthly Plans

Feedback Score
    Right, you are not stuck on the monthly plans BUT important safety tip: if you run out of the monthly plan before the end of the "month," your existing bucket will not work.
    This happened to me; bought a refurbed 6s, husband ran through the data lickety split and the account showed plenty of data left in the separate bucket, but chat told me that would not be usable until the plan expired.
    I had to buy another gig to apply to the monthly plan bucket.
    (The plan has since expired and disappeared from the account.)

Page 211 of 231 FirstFirst ... 111 161 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast